[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNYDER UTTERLY BTFO'D BY REVERSE FLASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: 1463743051977.jpg (14 KB, 513x287) Image search: [Google]
1463743051977.jpg
14 KB, 513x287
>"It was either Variety or Vanity Fair that wrote an article that said DC needs to watch what they’re doing on TV, because the TV’s working and some of the other darker stuff isn’t working. Here’s what I’ll say about him not being The Flash. The first thing is that for Zack Snyder to say ‘that’s not really the universe that we’re building,’ it’s excruciating for an actor. Because you’re like, ‘Uh, what about acting?’ He’s a clean-cut guy and winning, yes, because he’s acting that. He’s not Barry Allen. He’s Grant Gustin. He created that thing. If you want your Flash to have long hair and be a slacker, believe me, Grant can play that. He makes it look easy and makes everyone think that’s what he is because he’s an incredibly skilled talent. That’s why he has that job. That’s why people like the show. If Zack Snyder were to read him for The Flash, he would be shocked. It’s crazy for a big-time Hollywood director to say ‘that’s not the universe.’ It’s a huge misstep on his part. If you’re a director, and you’re worth your oats, then you should be able to, given an actor with talent, mold him into what you want, and Grant could do that."
>>
File: 1463743217207.jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
1463743217207.jpg
8 KB, 183x275
>"The second thing is that the movies are tremendous. They’re building all of us up. The difficult thing for the movies is that we’ve had two years in the case of "The Flash" to win you over and tell a story. They have two hours. That’s not easy to do. So that’s why you see so many missteps. It’s very hard to get that right. And I said to Grant when this was announced: ‘Look, that’s years from now. Do you just want to just be The Flash? You have the ability to be in a Spielberg war movie next.’ And that will happen for him. For his first big movie role to be The Flash, I don’t know if that’s the best thing for him. because you’re asking him to do the same thing he’s had years to do, to do the exact same thing in two hours, and it’s in different hands creatively. It’s tricky."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/tom-cavanagh-on-zack-snyders-dc-tv-comments-and-why-he-should-have-a141860
>>
>>69769189
Didn't read. Thread hidden
>>
>>69769189
What it really comes down to is the show is successful, but if they were to bring in as Barry in the films, he'd have to be paid more in the television series. Which means they'd have to replace him, write around him, or cancel the show.

So they're basically saying, "Nah, we'll keep the TV show going so we have something to fall back on"
>>
>>69769189
why the fuck don't people understand. The tv shows should be seperate from the movies. if i'm watching the movies, i shouldn't need to have watched the tv shows to understand wtf is going on. they both shouldn't affect each other IMO
>>
Grant Gustin can't act for shit, he's terrible in the show

The show itself is terrible schlock
>>
Rekt
>>
File: bp-00.jpg (15 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
bp-00.jpg
15 KB, 600x300
>>69769189
>I don't care.
>>
>>69769189
this is utter bullshit and it's surprising that it's being posed as a legitimate opinion
>>
He seems like a decent guy a good friend to Grant. It's rare you'd hear a tv actor poo-poo on a Hollywood director, even if they're as much a hack as Snyder for the sake of a colleague.
Good for him.
>>
>He's had fif......teen....long years to analyze and study the molecular intricacies of capeshit

I trust his judgement.
Spot on/10
>>
>>69769189
Tbf, Snyder is right : there is a TV and Cinema universes don't overlap in DC chosing someone from the series to play the same character, but in another universe with a different tone : that will be extremely confusing for spectators.

Even for Marvel where MCU is both TV and Cinema : I doubt they want to bring characters for series to movies though they're ready to do the reverse for some minor characters (Carter and Coulson).
>>
File: TVIR-CC15-iZombie-thumb-812x522.jpg (101 KB, 812x522) Image search: [Google]
TVIR-CC15-iZombie-thumb-812x522.jpg
101 KB, 812x522
>>69770730
CW is compfy
>>
>>69769189

Flash the TV series is horrible and on par with Marvel in term of quality

Please never let anyboy that has worked on it nowhere near the next DC films.

Sauce : I know it i've watched all of the first season just because I got hooked on reverse flash and I wanted to know why the fuck did he kill barry's mom

it was an excruciating path
>>
>>69769495
That's not what Cavanagh is talking about, though.
>>
>>69769189
The flash has some good moments but it is nothing i would pay to watch 2 hours of

boring melodrama is the last thing i want to see in a superhero film
>>
>>69769189
Snyderfaggots on suicide watch.
The flash is superior to anything the DCCU has done
>>
>>69769495
read it first
>>
DCCU is a shitshow compared to CW Flash
>>
File: 1327785544415.png (234 KB, 397x355) Image search: [Google]
1327785544415.png
234 KB, 397x355
>>69771011

>on par with Marvel in term of quality

So if they put it in movie theaters it would make billions?
>>
>>69771011
>on par with marvel
So it's popular and successful?
>>
Both are good but The Flash is trashy as fuck and usually pretty mediocre, plus LoT and Arrow are really unfitting with the DCCU especially.

>>69773459
yes
>>
File: 1396891646204.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1396891646204.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>>69769189
>SNYDER UTTERLY BTFO'D BY REVERSE FLASH

Being this pathetic as OP.

Grow up kid.

and the CW is garbage.

Thank comic Jesus Zack wanted nothing to do with that garbage.

fuck these BTFO OP's are sad af
>>
So he wants them to cancel the show and give them all movie contracts?

Is he retarded?
>>
>>69769189

Grant Gustin is a terrible actor. He couldn't sell me the idea of him being otherwise even as Thawne.
>>
Isn't the DC TV shows like Hannah montana tier bad?
I watched one episode and wanted to peel my eyes off
>>
>>69771011

If you take Season 2 of Arrow, and Season 1 of the Flash. Its miles better than anything the DC movies have ever done. It also shows the contrast really fucking well between the two shows. Having Arrow be the grimdark, dealing with heavier shit. The Flash being optimistic and good all the time, wanting to help and save everyone he can. The crossover Episodes are fucking great, having that contrast of Green Arrow's broody side with The Flash's more lighthearted tone.

In a way, Arrow and the Flash did what I wish BvS would have done with Batman and Superman. Have Batman be all broody and with problems, make Superman the optimistic boyscout. It would have been so much better I feel than what we got.
>>
>>69773587
It makes Supergirl look good. But it's still better than Legends of Tomorrow. LoT is saturday morning children show-tier. It makes Cleopatra 2525 look like Citizen Kane.
>>
Yeah they shouldve done a connected universe like Marvel's

Oh wait they did do one like Marvel'a
>>
>>69773672
>It makes Supergirl look good.
Flash is not worse than supergirl you madman
>>
>>69773662
>If you take Season 2 of Arrow, and Season 1 of the Flash

How about no? They're terrible. Teen soap operas with super heroics.
>>
>>69773662
>If you take Season 2 of Arrow, and Season 1 of the Flash. Its miles better than anything the DC movies have ever done

I like them but fucking hell you'd have to be a retard to think this.
>>
File: superman - these people.png (93 KB, 248x280) Image search: [Google]
superman - these people.png
93 KB, 248x280
>>69769189
>If you want your Flash to have long hair and be a slacker, believe me, Grant can play that.
So what everyone who has been watching the TV shows should just completely forget what Grants flash behaves like and accept that he is different in the movies? How would they explain the sudden change of personality between the two mediums?

When they first announced Ezra Miller as flash i had the same reaction and wanted Grant as flash instead, but Snyder is right when he says that's not the universe they're trying to build. The TV shows are too PG and the tone of the show is too different to what Snyder has gone for. Not to mention the quality of the shows - the dialogue and overall production value, are just too shitty to be in the same universe.
>>
>>69770861
He's not arguing that.
>>
>>69769563
This. The show is bad and so is most of the acting.
>>
>>69773535
t. Zack Snyder
>>
It really says something that I dropped all the CW cape shows because of shitty rehashed relationship drama, and I'd still take those over BvS.
>>
the tv series is shit
>>
>>69774023
Are you implying Snyder's movies have good dialogue?
>>
>>69773672
> Cleopatra 2525
Sup, fellow oldfag.
>>
Grant dodged a bullet tbqhwyf.
>>
Do not worry about it, these movies aren't going very far and they'll stop making them and abandon any future projects before the tv shows are over.
>>
>>69769189
Grant confirmed plebeian
>>
>>69774797
>le ebin martha
>>
I think he has a point, but not the right point.

DC not using the TV shows to flesh out the films universe, instead of putting too much INTO the films, is a big mistake on their part.
>>
>>69774023
The way you described them, I think those two universes fit very well together.
>>
>>69775006

this
>>
>>69769495
If the Marvel movies ever use Daredevil they're gonna us the same guy from the show.
>>
someone needs to edit the panel with reverse flash taunting flash as he's crying
>>
>>69771011

Why are you lying to yourself? The DCuck movies have had a terrible track record ever since Man of Steel
>>
>>69773562

So you weren't paying attention?
>>
>>69775803
He is simply a patrician, and understand that MCU and DC TV is of comparable, and very low, quality.
>>
The tv shows and actors are awful tho
>>
>>69771011
>on par with Marvel

anon, Flash is terrible. Marvel is actually watchable and successful.
>>
>>69775847
Were you? What is Zack supposed to base his movie filming schedule off a tv show
>>
Wells is the only good actor on the show. Rest are fucking try hard horrible.
>>
>>69770938
goddammit, I wish I dude in the left's hair
>>
>>69775997

Understand that your favorite capeshit movies are bottom of the barrel shit
>>
>>69776157
Daredevil yes. Rest is garbage.
>>
>>69776625
I think you have issues with reading comprehension. In no way did I indicate I care about capeshit movies.

You company wars cucks project so damn much.
>>
>>69776246

If TMNT can work around Amell's schedule, it's not difficult for Justice League to work around Gustin's schedule. Even then, a guaranteed role in DCCU isn't even what Cavanagh was arguing for, so you clearly weren't paying attention
>>
Most of marvel is average to good. Even AoU - worst of the bunch - was watchable. TV-wise, Daredevil S1 was solid, totally enjoyable. I dug their Kingpin. Meanwhile, I tried to get into Flash. I wanted to like it. But it was hokey shit. Really just not very good. Never saw LoT (sounds like I dodged a bullet, shame since it had promise) not Agents of SHIELD. Though I didn't like Jessica Jones, it wasn't bad; just not for me. It pissed me off, but there was decent quality there. After BvS, which I booked in advance for, saw in 3D and everything, the last of my good will for DC is expended - with the exception of an Affleck-directed Batman. Forget the stupid company wars stuff, there is simply no competition.

If DC ever puts anything decent out, I will watch it and enjoy it but with things as they are now, they aren't even in the same league. Were it not for the historic /co/rivalry between the two and the Batman and Superman of 20 years prior, DC flicks would go completely unseen. I enjoy comics from both, but the DCU is a travesty; an embarassing imitation borne of the most cynical impulses. Once it's out of corporate hands, maybe individual IPs will have merit as they once did. Right now though, not a chance.
>>
>>69776707

>"Please never let anyboy that has worked on it nowhere near the next DC films."

>"Sauce : I know it i've watched all of the first season just because I got hooked on reverse flash and I wanted to know why the fuck did he kill barry's mom"

The fact that you're even posting here implies otherwise. But please, go on. Spew more autism
>>
Snyder will always give roles to his friends and women he wants to fuck. This is all that matters to him. To most directors actually.

Casting has to be blamed for a lot of this though, it's not just down to directors.
>>
>>69776817
Sorry, my first post in this tread was >>69775997

I am under no illusion that all of capeshit is, unsurprisingly, mostly shit. But he is right, DC TV shows are just as shallow, cartoonish and poor as MCU films, with the sole exception of Winter Soldier perhaps.
>>
>>69770547
Kek
>>
>>69776551
???
>>
I mean, it's pretty cool how the actors on these CW superhero shoes are all best friends and go into bat for each other. Even so, just no. The Flash is terrible, cheesy schlock and nobody on the show can act (and I still enjoy it for what it is).
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 600x900
>>69769249
nice post
>>
File: zoom pepe.jpg (4 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
zoom pepe.jpg
4 KB, 125x118
>>69769189
>You were like a cancer to me Zack, but your film career have been dead for centuries
>>
>>69779210
[SINISTER HELICOPTER NOISES INTENSIFY]
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.