[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Shane Black: "It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12
File: Predator.jpg (63 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Predator.jpg
63 KB, 720x480
> Shane Black: "It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make it fun, make it different, make it organically different. So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell. There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is. Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In ‘The Predator’ we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae."

Thoughts on the new Predator movie coming out? What would /tv/ like to see?
>>
Colonial Marines.
>>
Shane has a good track record except for iron man 3 (and that's probably because Disney runs marvel with an iron fist)

Should be a FUN movie
>>
Honestly? More lore and to give Predators distinct personalities.
>>
He was in a Predator, he knows how things are supposed to work
>>
File: Iron Meme.jpg (710 KB, 3000x1995) Image search: [Google]
Iron Meme.jpg
710 KB, 3000x1995
>>69767393
>except for iron man 3
>>
>>69767393
i wonder if hes gonna say these jokes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZNZYOQ_tt8
>>
>There will never be a film adaptation of Batman vs Predator
>>
>>69767497
It's not good
Even by marvel standards
>>
>two predators come to earth
>it's a wacky buddy comedy
>>
>>69767528

Doesn't Batman hit the Predator with a baseball bat in that right before the Predator laughs at the pun?
>>
>>69767538
You're not good
>>
>>69767572
no u
>>
>>69767393
>except for iron man 3
Oh look it's this meme again
>>
>>69767609
>DISNEY IS PERFECT REEEEEEE
kys
>>
Why is no one asking for McTiernan to come back? Start #McTMatters on your normie network. I miss him so much.
>>
>>69767538
It's the best Iron Man movie. Fight me.
>>
>>69767341

Wonder who they'll get to play the titular character, kind of hoping for big sexy but andre in the middle recently did Colossus so that'd work too.
>>
>“I firmly believe that nobody should ever be held accountable for something that’s said while they’re just drunk. It’s different if they’re sober … And I think he’ll make a comeback. I hope so!”

Why is Shane Black so based?
>>
File: 1461190753283.jpg (71 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1461190753283.jpg
71 KB, 550x550
I want Predator to have a smaller head for once, holy shit. You can only take nostalgia so far before things start looking like shit. In fact, make Boba Fett's helmet smaller too.
>>
>>69767393

>"fun" movie

that's just code word for quips you fucking nerd, we don't need that shit in a predator movie
>>
>>69768007

What's wrong with the head size?
>>
>>69768007
that image triggers me
>>
File: 34534633.jpg (46 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
34534633.jpg
46 KB, 500x253
>>69768052

his head is the size of his torso, it's not something you see in agile predators who climb trees and shit
>>
>>69767567
What pun?

>>69768007
Why is this justification wrong?
>>
>>69768133
>it's not something you see in agile predators who climb trees and shit

it's an alien, leave it alone.
>>
>>69768153

>What pun?

think about it.
>>
>>69767609

It was. It was a minor disappointment after getting the guy who did Lethal Weapon to direct and write.
>>
I always thought it'd be fun to see someone run with the idea from Bad Blood
>a Hunter predator goes off the deep end
>lands in the middle on the new Jersey Forrest in the middle of summer and proceeds to go batshit upon every living thing he encounters and collecting skulls for his every increasing pile
>campers, wildlife, boy scouts, etc.
>cop/ex military/bounty hunter/some fucker in the area tries to fight back
>a predator similar to Wolf shows up to try and clean up the mess
>military tries to come in
>Bad Blood pred just reveling in the carnage
>>
>>69768153

Because the problem says Marty ate more pizza than Luis. It's framed in a way where you have to give a reason how Marty ate more pizza than Luis. Then this dumb chucklefuck common core Jew comes around and says it's not possible even though the question asks HOW is that possible.
>>
File: OriginalPredator.jpg (51 KB, 481x720) Image search: [Google]
OriginalPredator.jpg
51 KB, 481x720
>>69768133
the original tiny head Van Damme Predator looked like shit tho.

Take that Athiest
>>
File: Shane Black's Predator.jpg (48 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Shane Black's Predator.jpg
48 KB, 800x800
Found a leaked promo pic for the next Predator film.
>>
>>69768558
>Santa vs Predator
I can dig it
>>
>>69768032

I wish you had a trip so I could filter you. The original Predator is loaded with one-liners and quips.
>>
I hope they go back to the action genre hero being hunted by an alien plotline like the first two movies.
>>
>>69767393

What a fucking shame the in the last 9 years shane black has only made a fucking marvel movie. Hope good guys or whatever is good
>>
>>69767957

Talented and down to earth. Also hes a Hollywood vet who got burnt out by its bullshit and is picky about projects now
>>
>>69768642

At least it put him back on the map regardless of public opinion of its quality, the movie made bank, and its why FOX tapped him for Predator again,even before Deadpool making gangbusters they were like "go all out Shane, we'll foot the bill".
>>
>>69768032

SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS
GEEZ YOU GOT A BIG PUSSY
I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED
DILLON, YOU SON OF A BITCH
YOU ARE ONE UGLY MOTHERFUCKER
STICK AROUND
COME ON DO IT COME ON KILL ME
IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT
GET TO THE CHOPPER
>>
>>69768633

"Get to the chopper" wasn't a fucking quip you nerd, she actually needed to get to the chopper and it made sense in the story to include dialogue like that. Way different than "You want me to put the hammer down?" Marvel bullshittery. I wish your kind of people would physically manifest into a single entity so I could punch it in the face.
>>
>>69768758

"I ain't got time to bleed" is a quip. Go fuck yourself, retard.
>>
>>69768032
>complaining about quips in a movie series that started out with Arnie

Fuck off you millennial shit and take your buzzword with you.
>>
>>69768749

those aren't fucking quips gay boy, only ugly motherfucker could even be considered one. everything else is just dumb dialogue that made sense according to the situation. not like the avengers making fun of captain america for cursing in between killing people.
>>
>>69768794

why are you so ashamed to enjoy quips so much? is it because it's dumb as fuck and you love it so much?
>>
>>69768007
Fucking stupid fucking teacher.
>>
>>69768843
Stop projecting so hard. You're the one who started raving against quips to begin with. There's literally nothing wrong with Arnie's quips, and you have to be an underage faggot to be ashamed of enjoying them.
>>
>>69768500
Wait, that looks pretty decent.
Better than sticking a prop head, prop monster hands, and prop monster feet onto a person but leaving the rest of the body completely human-looking
>>
File: 234534657.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
234534657.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
>>69768915

just making sure you realize you're a grown ass man and you enjoy this dumb ass bullshit
>>
>>69768758
Stick around
>>
>>69768948
>little kid who can't enjoy prime-time Arnie lines

Yes I am a grown ass man, that's why I A.) know about Arnie instead of some millenial Twilight guy and B.) can enjoy Arnie and his quips without being a little whiny faggot bringing up "muh shitty comic movies!" to feel like I'm more mature than my peers for not liking the popular thing.

Hasta La Vista, Baby.
>>
>>69769094

even if you won't admit it to yourself, at the end of the day, people your age are laughing behind your back at how shitty your tastes are. even in your safe space anonymous image board. being old and liking dumb ass quips doesn't make you any more mature than the dumb teenagers it caters to. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>69768795
This will be fun: can you please define "quip" without looking it up?
>>
>>69768133
>>69768133
It's entire systems are in that helmet. Walk around with a desktop, a laptop, a phone and a tablet stuck to your head and take a look in the mirror.
>>
>>69769163
>people are laughing behind your back for liking the most popular action star of the 80's and his most famous lines

Sure thing, kid. Come back when you've actually watched some of his movies. I promise they won't be in black and white just because they're older than 1997.
>>
>>69768007
What the fuck is the answer to that question then? That te question lied to the student and in fact Luis had more? That's retarded
>>
Interesting trivia fact: Shane Black's original name was Shame Blacks, but because of how racist it sounds, was changed to what it is today
>>
>>69769163
I'm his age. Maybe older. The 80's were great. Arnie was great. This country used to enjoy itself. Your a whiny little bitch, hopefully you grow out of that.
>>
>>69767341

Shane did an AMA recently, confirms The Predator is set before Predators

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4k3hi6/hey_rmovies_shane_black_here_ive_made_films_like/?limit=500

>Interviewer: Will your take on Predator continue the storyline from Predators (2010), or is it a reboot?

>Shane Black: This new reimagining of |The Predator will be set in |Present Day -- which is to say, 2018; and so the futuristic events of Predators have not yet occurred. We're on earth, the time is now...
>>
>>69769869

>What's your favorite "behind the scenes" story that happened with an actor while on or off set? Like, something completely ridiculous that no one would know of outside of the film crew?

>SB:I took a dump in a trailer I thought was mine (identical) and then Ryan Gosling opened the door on me. I basically had waltzed into his identical trailer and casually besmirched his toilet. To this day I wonder if he thinks it was some power thing. Like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.
>>
Just make Predators 2 already.
>>
>>69767563
> one Predator is a loose cannon
> one Predator is too old for this shit
>>
File: latest.jpg (65 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
65 KB, 400x611
When?
>>
>>69767341

Honestly I'll trust Shane Black. He's got fucking Frank Decker on board co-writing too.

This isn't a fucking remake, reboot, respin or whatever the fuck Predator(s) was and it probably won't be a mixed bag mess like the first sequel was.

Black (not Decker though) has been on a bit of a role lately, so I I don't see him fucking it up.

I'd expect, at worst, for it to be to Predator as Fury Road was to The Road Warrior.
>>
>>69767341
god fuck, the first Predator is such an amazing, perfect movie
I'd rate it as one of the top 3 action movies ever made, easily

The first time I saw it was on a crappy VHS recording where the first scene was missing, you know where the Predator's ship lands on earth. So all i saw was a bunch of badass soldiers fighting a badass guirilla war in the jungle and all of a sudden there's this badass motherf*cking Alien that slaughters fools.
I had no idea what was going on but fuck it was awesome
>>
>>69767538

I don't really get this.

Are you a Marvel fan?

Iron Man 3, along with Ant-Man and Guardians are the only Marvel films I actually found enjoyable/good - let alone watchable unlike Thor/Captain America.

But I've never read a Marvel Superhero Comic book in my life and don't really like the genre.
>>
>>69768795
What in the hell is a quip supposed to be then?

From what I understand it's just one-liners.
>>
It'll be better than Predators (not really an achievement) but Black doesn't have the kind of track record that would make me properly interested.
>>
>>69768945
that thing looks like shit
>>
>>69770097
holy shit almost the exact same thing happened to me.
>>
>>69767911
>Kevin Nash as Predator

Perfect, he can lumber through the jungle attacking men with one move over and over again, hoping he doesn't injure himself again.
>>
>>69768794
Arnold does one liners
Beta males make quips
>>
>>69768320
This comic was awesome
>>
>>69770196

>Predator steps over a log
>tears his quad
>>
File: 1456382653512.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456382653512.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>69770578
>>
>>69769869
>the futuristic events of Predators have not yet occurred.

But all the soldiers were snatched from old wars at the time when the movie came out. One of them was a fucking RUF soldier. None of them were futuristic, if anything it was the opposite. They definitely got snatched before 2018.
>>
>>69770081
>whatever the fuck Predator(s) was

The true sequel to Predator, leaving Predator 2 dead in its wake?
>>
>>69770680

Guess Predators have a time machine.
>>
>>69768032

>Your pussy is the size of a house
>Your pussy is the size of a house

>Ain't got time to bleed

>Stick around
>>
>>69770850
I'd kill for a Predator movie set during the conquistador's conquests of south america. If it takes a time machine then that's fine by me.
>>
>>69771384
alien vs predator had a couple of scenes set in what looked like Mayan times. closest you'll get to seeing Beaners vs Predators
>>
>>69767538

This is true. The only reason it made so much money was because it was literally riding on the coattails of Avengers.

The movie was, by no means, "good" What with its confused tone and awful villain
>>
>>69770680

Maybe they snatch and put them in storage.
>>
Predators is underrated, I don't care what anyone says.
Yes there are plenty of flaws but I feel like it makes up for them towards the end.
I wish that the characters had been fleshed out a little more, the hunting dogs were bullshit, and the multiple species of predator was gay, but there is so much awesome Shit that happens too.

It's perfectly watchable and not the train wreck some people make it out to be.
>>
>>69773560
That's not presented in the movie at all, though, since all the soldiers seem to be from the same time(since none of them remark on a particular war being over). So what the fuck is he basing it off of?
>>
>>69773723
I fully agree, except for the gay multiple species/tribes. I thought it was a good explanation for why they were taking them to another planet instead of hunting on earth like the others.

What I find the most confusing is people calling Adrian Brody scrawny or a skeleton. Dude definitely packed on enough muscles to play a soldier. He just didn't look like Arnie, because he didn't have mr olympia competitions on the side. It's like they only saw him in the Pianist and then never bothered to watch the movie until the end. Same with the chick soldier. She was a sniper and never really did anything, yet people complain as if she was a Michelle Rodriguez character.
>>
>>69768007
luis probably got some bitchass personal pan pizza and our guy marty was chowing down on a xtra large meatlovers

stupid teacher lady
>>
>>69773970
I was actually really skeptical of Brody's ability to carry an action movie beforehand. I was pleasantly surprised with his performance. He felt like a weathered no-bullshit soldier.
>>
>>69767528
>Batman Versus Predator actually exists
What the fuck... Is it worth reading? I can't believe it's even real.
>>
>>69773970
>What I find the most confusing is people calling Adrian Brody scrawny or a skeleton.

Retards that think you can hold a bodybuilding body while actually being a soldier.
Most marines who get employed for more than 3 months get skinny as fuck because of a plethora of reasons, they don't really feed you like a cow in the army.
>>
>>69768749
Ni lo intentes.
>>
>>69775038
There's TWO Batman/Alien comics.

I only remember that the Superman vs Predator one was bullshit because the ship brought with it some meteorite that removed most of Superman's powers or something like that.
>>
>>69767382
Now that I've seen that, it's all I really want too. Colonial Marines.
>>
>>69775038
Batman vs Alien was pretty fun.
>>
>>69768032
>nerd
Why don't you make your way to Reddit, Redditor?
>>
>>69767563
Set during Christmas
>>
>>69768500
>massive bull neck
>big head

This makes sense.

>>69768133
>human neck
>giganto head

This makes no sense.
>>
>>69775175
>>69775251
>Batman Versus Alien also exists
Since when are comics fun and interesting?
>>
>>69776724
since the 60's going through the 80's (90's too if you can stomach the edge)
>>
>>69771516
https://youtu.be/3o0Dl_Z2NXA
>>
>>69776791
>(90's too if you can stomach the edge)
>when discussing comics that were all from the 90's

>>69776724
There's also Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator, where I think it took place in the far future, with the Skynet apocalypse being forgotten or something like that.

It's really too bad that out of the whole fun Darkshorse Versus comic line-up we only got a serious take with the AvP movies.
>>
>>69777374
>Predator vs the Terminator

I'm so down with this.
>>
>>69777374
Yeah I just wanted to put a disclaimer on the 90's even though I like that decade a lot.
>>
>>69767563
this was actually the writer's original idea, kind of, with multiple 'predators' on earth as the main characters, hunting all kinds of stuff - E.I. not people.
>>
cunnies vs predators
>>
>>69767528
Who gives a fuck about shit like that. You open the door to that and you open the door to shit like Wolverine vs Pinhead, etc..
>>
>>69767341
Ancient period piece.
Predator vs
>Gilgamesh
>Hercules
>Beowulf
>>
>>69767563
>the OP Predator from AvP:R training a clumsy and dumber version of the roided rookie from AvP 1

why the fuck not
>>
>>69767813
Wasn't he in prison?
>>
File: DILLON.gif (372 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
DILLON.gif
372 KB, 300x167
>>69768749
>>
>>69767563
>>69770017
id love that shit.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.