[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is the third movie usually bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: sex.jpg (22 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
22 KB, 470x313
So why is the third movie usually bad?
>>
I want to fuck the shit out of Sophia Turner.
>>
>>69765922

Bruh. Look at this dood
>>
>>69766103
if you got enough Peruvian marching power she will fuck the shit out of you
>>
>>69765922
Usually because the original movie is written as a self-contained story. In addition to that, the plot of most movies that call for sequels are also movies with ridiculous, once-in-a-lifetime premises.

The call of money forces people not prepared, and in most cases unrelated to the original production to come up with an equally once-in-a-lifetime premise THAT AT THE SAME TIME follows the original, does it bigger and better, and in this whole ordeal, you're suppose to fucking believe it's happening.

This sometimes works really well. Usually it doesn't.

This pressure, by the third movie, completely obliterates the any verisimilitude you might still perceive.

Bad third-movies are usually called "messes" for a reason.
>>
>>69765922
Because they can't even write one story, let alone 3
>>
>>69766185

Will Infinity war work?
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (251 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
251 KB, 757x720
Not true just look at pic related which was capekino. In fact we have daily threads even though it came out 4 years ago.
>>
Generally, the first film has the lowest budget and people have to make do with what they have. If they manage to make a good first film, they get more money to make the second and get to do all the ideas they couldn't afford in the first (like Terminator 2). The third film is usually the one being made for the money after the first two use up all the interesting ideas.
>>
>>69766736
The marvel cinematic universe is setting down a new paradigm. So I can't reasonably answer your question.

I said outright that sequels are usually done because the money calls, not for artistic reasons, and suffer qualitatively because of this. The problem in carrying this over for Avengers-related titles, is, they're all being controlled from the top. A singular vision. Sure, a blurry vision, but there is a set beginning and end. The middle has been a fleshy mass of mixed nuts. Fleshy nuts. Some good and some bad.

With that protective paragraph surrounding me, I will say this: Aren't those guy who directed Captain America 3 also directing that? That does not bode well; They turned a mishmash of three unfinished scripts into one barely cogent movie, and it suffered greatly. An outright Avengers movie will call for an ever bigger cast. My hopes were diminished, even if I ultimately liked portions of Civil War.
>>
>>69766185
>verisimilitude
Stopped reading right there.

Unfortunately that was only one line away from the end. For your next post, please be a pretentious tit earlier on.
>>
>>69766874
>paradigm
>>69766958

Well done.
>>
>>69766874

Yeah I thought so too. Civil War started off with ideological themes, then became about vengeance for some reason.

If IW is just like the 2012 Avengers and they pull off the even bigger spectacle without much care for character beats, I'd think it would be better for it.
>>
why does sophie look so good in that pic but so shit in every other xmen pic
>>
she looks like boy george
>>
File: massive_arse_man.gif (272 KB, 165x200) Image search: [Google]
massive_arse_man.gif
272 KB, 165x200
>>69768140

Fucking Boy George...
>>
>>69768140
will never unsee
>>
Is there a single 3rd movie that is good?
>>
>>69768140
>he wouldn't fuck Boy George
>>
>>69765922
Different director, writer or both.
>>
>>69768140
So, Boy George was pretty like a bitch at least.
>>
>>69765922
it's his fourth so yeah, you can count.
>>
>>69770332
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
Return of the Jedi?
Return of the King?
Thunderdome is better than most people give it credit for, but the last third is terrible.
I think Blade 3 is only as shitty as the first 2.
Bourne Ultimatum?
I thought Transport 3 was okay
>>
>>69771985
>Return of the Jedi?
Weakest, and except for the 3rd half is a bad movie.
>Return of the King?
I'll give you this one.
>>
>>69773175
and the others?
>>
>>69773175
also I think the Tatooine portion of Return of the Jedi is good.
>>
>>69774557
Either haven't seen them or seen them so long ago, I don't remember anything. I remember really disliking Thunderdome though.
>>
>>69765922
This is the 5th or 6th movie.
>>
>>69765922
Probability. Any movie has at least a 50% chance of being bad, and so the more movies you make, the more likely you are to make a bad one. The odds are such that you can almost never go 3 movies without getting a bad one.

There's just as many awful #2 movies.
>>
Why was Alien 3 so dull?
>>
>>69774738
David Fincher is a hack that can't direct a film to save his life.
>>
>>69774775
Some of the ideas for Alien 3 were very interesting, it could have been a new unique story about the franchise's world, but the execution was so crap.
>>
What's the Asian's powers again?
>>
>>69765922

Jubilee is a cute

CUTE
>>
>>69773175
>3rd half
>>
>>69774738
I like it despite it's flaws.
>>
>>69774943
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=QilNVTZx5CI
>>
>>69766958
>>69766986
>Big words are hard
Are you liking fourth grade?
>>
>>69771985
>jedi, king, Thunderdome and ultimatum
Yeah I'll agree, jedi is underrated too
>last crusade
Good but not exactly the same type, with Indy they aren't exactly the same thing. The Indy films aren't super close connected enough as those others
>>
>>69775290
I see your point that the Indy films aren't "sequels" in a strict sense, but I actually like Temple of Doom better than Last Crusade (probably mostly a nostalgia thing) and both are good movies imo.
>then again I didn't hate Crystal Skull the same way everyone else did.
>>69775164
kek
>>
>>69774609
Jedi isnt awful, but everything on endor is just there to give han and leia something to do.

Jabbas palace, the battle of endor, and luke confronting vader and the emperor are great.
>>
>>69775290
>The Indy films aren't super close connected enough as those others
That was how sequels used to be done though. It was rarely ever a coherent cinematic universe, just another self contained movie with the established character.
>>
>>69766874
>They turned a mishmash of three unfinished scripts into one barely cogent movie
Because Captain America 3 wasn't supposed to be Civil War.
>>
>>69775694
I'm of the opinion that everything up until and including the pit of Sarlacc is actually good
>>69775788
o rly examples?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.