[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people really go alone to the movies? That sounds sad. :(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: friends-storre.png (29 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
friends-storre.png
29 KB, 640x370
Do people really go alone to the movies?

That sounds sad. :(
>>
>>69765598
I enjoy it because other people are obnoxious.

I want escapism, not a social event.
>>
Sitting in the dark with my friends without speaking sounds worse.
>>
>>69765598
Sometimes.
If there is a really niche movie I want to see but I know no friend is interested in, I go alone.

More popular movies, it's either with friends or I don't watch them at the cinema at all.

>>69766121
>>69766144
Whispering jokes at each other and discussing the movie afterward is fun.
Not necessary, but fun.
>>
>>69765598
Ironically I was about to go today cos my friend couldn't make it til he said he was.

Was gonna be my first time alone. Maybe next time
>>
>>69765598
> I once read a story how one guy decided to go alone and managed to start a formative conversation with an elderly lady
That would be one of my dreams.

>Now let me explain to you the Snyderian Symbolisms of Batman V Superman that is overlooked by the critics."
>>
Sometimes I'll go by myself to a local theater that has 4 dollar showings.

Come through with a bottle of gin and just enjoy myself.
>>
>>69767039
>4 dollar showings.
where the fuck you live Bulgaria?

Every movie costs $20 for me
>>
>>69767919
5€ here with student discount even though I'm not a student anymore
7€ otherwise
>>
>>69766438

>Whispering jokes at each other

Kill yourself.
>>
>>69768650
If it's just a stupid flick it makes the experience much better.
It usually is for movies otherwise I wouldn't even have watched.

Also whispering really quietly, without disturbing anybody else.

It's not like all movies are "kino".
>>
>>69765598
Grow up. People who are to afraid to see a movie or go to a meal alone make me sad. That crushing lack of self confidence must be hard to live with anon.
>>
>>69767919

they're called 2nd run theaters you douche.. typically feature movies that are about to hit dvd in a few weeks or so
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.