[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ghostbusters "I'm only pretending to be retarded"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: ghostbusters_2016_image_008_0.jpg (219 KB, 1619x1080) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters_2016_image_008_0.jpg
219 KB, 1619x1080
I have a theory.

From the get-go, we knew that Sony was deliberately going to milk the gender card to promote its all-female reboot of Ghostbusters.

For months leading up to the trailer release, we got article after article complaining about sexist men complaining about Ghostbusters.

What if Sony deliberately released a bad trailer to milk more hate that they can turn into a sexism narrative?

What if the film is actually much better than initially promoted and this is all a set up to make the haters look wrong?

What if Hollywood is running a campaign to permanently make user criticism irrelevant so it can continue to pump out reboots of beloved classics?

The shilling by SJWs is just too convenient. You have normally right-of-centre publications like The Atlantic defending movie remakes?

Someone from /v/ has to agree with me here - they know the tricks that Sony pulls to trick suckers.
>>
>>69764980
Fuck off, stop making these threads you fucking shill.
>>
>>69764980
Sony is not that smart.
>>
>>69765006

I'm not shilling anything. I fucking hate Sony.

This is why the only winning move is not to play.

Or just pirate.
>>
Did you read the Sony e-mails? They're not smart enough for that.
>>
File: 1406493374503.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1406493374503.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>69765038
>implying they didn't release those to trick the sheeple into thinking they know what's going on
how fucking blue-pilled can you be?
>>
>>69764980
I feel bad for Kristen Wiig her career is going to be killed from this, she's not that bad.
>>
File: 1457585321321.png (618 KB, 696x687) Image search: [Google]
1457585321321.png
618 KB, 696x687
>>69764980
>What if Sony deliberately released a bad trailer to milk more hate that they can turn into a sexism narrative?

You are giving Sony Pïctures way too much credit. Reminder that SP fired their marketing director just days after the international fiasco release of the first Ghostbuster trailer.

>What if the film is actually much better than initially promoted and this is all a set up to make the haters look wrong?

What if I told you that giving Sony Pictures the benefit of a doubt is a huge mistake? I dare you to take a look at the list of movies they've released in the last 4 years without going WTF.

>What if Hollywood is running a campaign to permanently make user criticism irrelevant so it can continue to pump out reboots of beloved classics?

What if you stopped using what ifs? What if there is no conspiracy of this sort? What if Sony Pictures is truly fucked up at it's core? What if you read the sony email leaks to have a genuine verified look at how they ran their business?

There is no conspiracy, Sony Pictures has been managed by mongoloid suits for years. Period. There is no debate about this. Stop being a fucking child anon.
>>
>>69764980
with movies, if you build up a bad rap leading up to the release, it shows in ticket sales. You can have an objectively great 10/10 movie, but if you've gotten everyone to hate it with shit marketing, no amount of word of mouth ever is going to save it. Dredd was a good movie, but it could not fight off the reputation of the stallone Dredd.
>>
Yeah, I'm sure the people behind The Emoji Movie are pulling this Keyzer Soze shit.
>>
No. I think they had geniunely bad material and their last attempt to save it they decided to cast all female cast so maybe people will have some reason to watch it.
>>
File: Untitled (2).png (38 KB, 162x169) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).png
38 KB, 162x169
A thought just occurred to me.

I don't want to watch this film because of the female cast. I've watched chick flicks before and found them neither funny nor entertaining.
And that's a perfectly valid criticism.

I'm not a misogynist, I don't hate women. I just don't find them funny.
>>
>>69765509
This the problem with this whole thing. They botched the chance at making it a sequel, some people just don't find women funny, and some people genuinely hate women. While the majority of the people are mad that it looks like they botched the idea of a pass of the torch sequel, SJWs are locking onto the latter and the actual misogynists are making shit worse. It doesn't help that the retarded SJW response is making regular people act like misogynists. Oh well. Fuck hollywood. That's what they get.
>>
>>69764980
Tin foil bullshit.

For all the progressive stuff, there's also the black woman being the uneducated, loud, aggressive moron of the group. If it was really a way to try and appeal to this crowd they'd have made her the smart, well spoken one.

Sony are just fucking retards, nobody I know wants to see this, left or right wing
>>
>>69765584
Odds are that if this was an original IP, it would never have gotten off the ground.
It's literally riding on the name alone.
>>
You think THE ATLANTIC is a right-of-center publication?
>>
I've thought of this too after all the all backlash from people disliking the trailer. I wouldn't put it past industry heads to be this devious.
>>
nobody's preordeing tickets

that's all they care about, ever
>>
File: 1461913152452.gif (180 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
1461913152452.gif
180 KB, 600x488
>>69765654
>I wouldn't put it past industry heads to be this devious.

KEK
yeah they're clearly all scheming geniuses in Hollywood. fucking hell you plebs need to grow up from the bullshit conspiracy theory. Sony pictures are seriously stupid morons, you just need to look at their recent history. it's an indisputable fact for anyone gifted with eyesight.
>>
Did you give the cast a nice haircut yet tv?
>>
>>69765027
this
>>
>>69766474
>sony's run by stupid morons who lose the company heaps of money
>those stupid morons get fired for obvious reasons
>intelligent devious people take over who pull off elaborate conspiracies

Also trying to divert attention towards sexist criticisms of your film isn't really comparable to faking the moon landings or assassinating a president anon, you sound absolutely ridiculous right now.
>>
Sony is a shit company and everything they do is not a truly conscious decision.

Even the things that are perceived as positive are just things that happened randomly.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-08-19-we-dont-know-why-ps4-is-selling-yoshida
Here, the mastermind behind the PS4s massive success.
Sony is absolutely clueless.
>>
I've read a summary of the plot from someone who has seen the movie. It's not good, and Sony isn't so smart and capable to pull something like that off.
>>
>>69765135
This.

Shes the only reason there's not a Bridesmaids 2 and 3 already. Because she knows it would suck if they made one and being the writer/producer/star of the original I guess she has veto powers on it.

But then she goes and does THIS when she should've known better and run the other way.
>>
Don't worry this is only the start, next theyll get the rights to ground hog day, remake that but instead of a male MC it will be a male MC who is sad as fuck and shit and over the course of the movie he slowly gets more and more into trans shit until he finally goes fuck it, this day only repeats lets see how far i can take it, so he got full female (well as much as a man can) eventually settles for his black love interest (whos a FtM black guy).

on the finally "ground hog day" he gets on camera and says "this is who i am accept me you bigots" and the crowd cheers. he then runs to his black FtM thingo and hugs and shit. after celebrating and feeling amazing he goes to dinner and that leads to them going back to the room and him taking this FtM black mans phallus.

any ways he wakes up the next morning
he reaches down and touches his ass and says "ow what happened" and then accidentally grabs the black trans phallus and in that moment a tear comes to his eye and he finally did what he wanted to do.
>>
>>69768029
I would pay to see this
>>
>>69764980
They're trying to make it cartoony for kids while the original was made for college-age stoners.
>>
I can tell you're from /pol/
>>
>>69768029
will bill murray be in it
>>
File: tmp_3223-1457499660160874835078.png (164 KB, 403x408) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3223-1457499660160874835078.png
164 KB, 403x408
>>
>>69765425
>see also: BvS
>>
>>69768029
That actually sounds funny though
>>
>>69764980
Shit like this happens all the time now, OP. Remember that Edgar Wright movie, Man Up? (hopefully not) Before it came out he was literally shilling his trashy SJW opinion on how males are being "infantilized" by capeshit all over talk shows whenever he talked about it. Graham Norton even gave him a subtle middle finger for it.

Stuff like this is to be expected, anon.
>>
The focus on gender wars only started after all the negative backlash.

Besides SJWs are a vocal minority and pandering to them wouldn't be as effective as pleasing the general audience. A studio like Sony wouldn't want to attract a niche crowd over one that would actually make them money.
>>
Swallow the red pill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0HI8p0Lz8
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.