[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the Nighrcrawler have autism or was he just driven?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: nightcrawler-review-014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawler-review-014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Did the Nighrcrawler have autism or was he just driven?
>>
Don't know if it was autism but he was insane to some degree. Probably a psychopath going by the way he acts. Like not even just misunderstanding social cues, he literally did not have any empathy or really any other emotions towards other characters.
>>
>>69764245
he was a Sociopath , which you can say is an extreme untreated form of autism
>>
>>69764245

He was just a fucking hard working American you millenial cuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x48m7w9boo0
>>
>>69764350
>>69764384

>Work hard

>Have to fuck the competition from time to time

>Don't allow your employees to fuck you in the ass

>"sociopath"

Spotted the Bernie voters.
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (8 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
8 KB, 209x200
>>69764404
>>
>>69764437
>going out of your way to cause a crime to film
>letting criminals get away to use them later
>not a sociopath
>>
>>69764437
fuck off ted
>>
>>69764437
>>Don't allow your employees to fuck you in the ass
I mean, a non-sociopath would have just fired him.
>>
e was psychopath i think
>>
>>69764437

You know anon aligning with a classic film sociopath because he has a strong work ethic isn't a good thing at all. You might as well align with Buffalo Bill from silence of the lambs, he was inventive, hard working, very intelligent, and didn't hold liberal views about the value of women.
>>
>>69764245
BASED JAKE

NIGHTCRAWLER IS DRIVER IF DRIVER HAD GOOD ACTING
>>
Either mentally handicapped or a mutant
>>
is it weird that I'm trying to get as lean as jake in this?

something about it really appeals to me
>>
>>69764437
/pol/ is down the hall and to the right.
>>
>>69764696
eh, if only.
/pol/ is a bunch of retards shouting NIGGER XD KIKES XD
and Trump/Hillary shills posting the same shit everyday. Nothing valuable in /pol/
>>
>>69764245
He was a textbook psychopath.

>>69764384
I don't think you know what either of those words mean.
>>
>>69764462
>>69764471
>>69764472
>>69764535
>>69764696
>all these faggots getting triggered over an obvious troll post

It's like a fucking oncology ward in here with all these cancerous newfags.
>>
File: nightman.jpg (49 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nightman.jpg
49 KB, 320x240
>>69764245
Driven, but also violent and ruthless. I don't know about the whole psychopath thing, but he was definitely a sociopath.

I'm convinced the only reason people think he was a psychopath is because most of the time he is wide-eyed and expressionless, which is pretty cliche psycho to Hollywood.
>>
>>69764646
Yes, considering that he's lean because he spends half his life starving.

Jake went on the coffee and apple diet for this.
>>
>>69764437
I hate to be 'that guy', but the word Sociopath is literally a buzzword that hasn't been used medically since the 50s. The word people are looking for is psychopath, and even that is a bullshit diagnoses, as anyone who doesn't related to or feel empathy for other people is considered a psychopath (Antisocial Personality Disorder), and I resent the idea that, in an age where most people are totally unrelateable, disgusting cunts of human beings, to justly not feel empathy for them makes you mentally ill. Nine times out of ten the diagnosis is either thrown upon anyone that the state dislikes and needs a reason to remove, or used to pander to people's sensitive souls when someone does something that most people can't handle.

The Nightcrawler would absolutely have been considered a psychopath, although personally I just think he was a bit of an asshole who cared more about his own advancement than the well-being of others.
>>
>>69765240
what about that time he purposely let his employee get murdered
>>
>>69765240
Psychopath and Sociopath are literally different words for the same thing. One is not lesser or more diluted than the other.
>>
The Night Crawler was a very deep and edgy take on what it takes to succeed in capitalist pigdog Americaâ„¢.

In reality, I think he was a spot on portrait of vapid attention whores on YouTube.
>>
>>69764384
>sociopath
>not a full psychopath

hard to imagine that after he
>films his partner dying in a dangerous situation he created
>starts a police chase after an armed suspect for the best possible film
>manipulates a crime scene to be more photogenic
>beats the shit out of a security guard to steal his watch and keep his fence clippings
>>
>>69765300
See
>>69765289
Read a fucking book, jesus.
>>
>>69765254

Idk one meal a day would probably nightcrawler you pretty quick
>>
File: Jack Black.jpg (22 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
Jack Black.jpg
22 KB, 293x282
>there are children ITT who don't know that psychopath and sociopath mean the same thing
>>
>Gyllenhall in Donnie Darko = bipolar schizophrenic
>Gyllenhall in Zodiac = autist
>Gyllenhall in Nightcrawler = anti-social sociopath
Why is jake so great at displaying mental disorders?
>>
>>69764245
ITT: People who did LITERALLY nothing wrong
>>
>>69765347
No that just makes your body hold in your food longer and makes your stomach bloat. Doctor classified me as anorexic since I never eat breakfast and usually only eat one or two small meals and junk all day. Getting healthier though, not that anyone cares
>>
>>69765912
nice blog post
>>
>>69765289
A psychopath has poor impulse control and acts on their urges, a sociopath is able to keep them in check to play the long game.

Think of GTA V. Trevor is a psychopath. Michael a sociopath.
>>
>>69766080
it's the opposite actually :^)
>>
>>69764245
His main issues were lack of capacity for emotion, and shit social skills. The former, by definition, makes him a psychopath. Being socially retarded is a different issue.
>>
>>69766122
This.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

I was wrong, bros. He's totally a psychopath.
>>
>>69765400
enemy is arguably also a schizo although really probably just a depressive if the film is a metaphor like i think it was
>>
>>69764404
How did they make Jake so creepy looking? Something about the expression in his eyes mang...
>>
File: Nightcrawler.webm (2 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
Nightcrawler.webm
2 MB, 1280x534
>>
So any other movie where a sociopath with the drive to succeed in life? I want a movie where instead of rebelling against the evil system they go straight into the deep end of it fucking everything that stands in their way.

No Drive. And I already watched American Psycho.
>>
>>69767606

Whiplash? Granted he's not that bad but he's pretty autistic and doesn't give a shit about anything but succeeding at drumming.
>>
>>69764245
sociopaths have at least some regard for their fellow man, He was a real life psycho
>>
>>69765912
Good that you're trying to better your diet.
Be strong.
>>
>>69766508

The fuck? He looked right at the camera
>>
>>69767652
Yeah like that one. The teacher had that drive. Any other?
>>
>>69765227
bet you felt real clever writing that up

now fuck off
>>
>>69767606
Falling Down is kinda that
>>
>>69764245
driven by autism
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.