[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that first comfy half tho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: chk_jschl.jpg (348 KB, 1200x1774) Image search: [Google]
chk_jschl.jpg
348 KB, 1200x1774
>that first comfy half tho
>>
I'm conflicted. The first 3/4 were a decent western. That last 1/4 was really ham fisted and had nothing to do with the rest of the movie.
>>
I get the cannibal stuff, but was the whole dismembered and blinded baby factory women thing necessary? Did anything that barbaric ever actually happen in North America? It just felt like truly cheap shock horror.
>>
>>69762577
First half comfy AF.
This is purposely done to lure you into a false sense of comfort that group trekking Westerns often do.
Then the second half/final half sneak up on you like the Troglodytes and instill the fear that the isolation and lack of civilisation from the era into you.

It was fantastic. Kurt Russell is the fuckin' man and everybody else had great roles. Matthew Fox was perfect.
>>
honestly my favorite movie of 2015.
>>
>>69763509
Basically this. The troglodytes were just meant to be curve ball to really fuck with you. Of course there was nothing actually like that back then.
>>
>>69762683
yeah that was ridiculous, also it was fucked up that they just walked past them without putting them out of their misery. Did they not have any bullets left?
>>
Why does /tv/ and reddit love this mediocre crap so much?
>>
>>69763708
>great acting
>good writing
>good cinematography

Also most movies nowadays are either extremely flawed, extremely boring or extremely heavy so to find one which does well without exaggerations is extremely nice.
>>
>>69763708
Go back to your fucking containment GoT general
>>
Did the troglodytes rape Arthur's wife? ;_;
>>
>>69764182
I hope so
>>
>>69764182
dont think so.
She wasnt beaten and I think they were portraying them more as animals than humans. They made prisoners to eat, not to breed.
>>
File: 1462876883664.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462876883664.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>tfw THAT scene didn't end with just a scalping
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.