[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fmg/-Filmmaking General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 620x310
It's fucking happening. I got a friend to do some Storyboards for the 80's script I wrote and they look fucking great (i'll post the script and the boards in a sec).

>What are you working on?
>What can you show us?
>What are your on-set stories?
>>
>>69762080
No one in /tv/ works in the film or television industry

No one in /tv/ has ever made anything

No one in /tv/ cares
>>
>>69762123
Fuck off, these threads are usually pretty great and I've seen a fair amount of content.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1000x1334
>>69762080
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRRjFwOTVVYzROM1k
>>
Looking for on-set volunteer opportunities in the Vancouver area right now. Figure I'll use the summer for practical experience. Trouble is, all anyone wants are extras.
>>
Finally started freelancing and I got a position on an indie film crew that starts shooting this July. Pretty excited. Kinda hoping I get paid for the film gig though
>>
>>69762462

i have, almost, no drawing skills and i am a bit jelly.
>>
>>69764053
don't need drawing skills famalam. You just need to get your point across. Use stick figures all you want
>>
>>69763855
I have an extremely small budget but I'm planning on shooting my project in Vancouver in a few months. Interested?
>>
bump. I know you niggas are working on stuff. These threads are usually more busy
>>
>>69762080
does anyone use CeltX? if so, how do i write about camera movement ? what are the typing rules for this program?

thanks
>>
>>69764270
You aren't supposed to write camera movement into a script. It's just there for the actors.
>>
>>69764298

yes but it has an audiovisual template and i thought that we could. I guess i am mistaken.
>>
>>69764550
If anything you're just supposed to print out the script and then write in the camera movements on the page. Like in blocks. At least that's how I was taught. I'm sure it doesn't matter if you're the director and the writer, as the rule of thumb is mostly for having separate writers/directors.

It's also too much info for whomever you give the script to, but I don't think that's a huge deal.
>>
>>69766208
Bump
>>
>>69764270
Celtx here.

I've been taught that writing camera movement is a no-no unless it's like absolutely 100% necessary. Even then, save that shit for the shooting script.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 960x640
>>69764053
Don't be upset.

Here's one of James Gunn's storyboards for Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.
>>
>>69762080
>What are you working on?
Currently directing a dream sequence which will be featured on a tv show none of you have ever heard of.

>What can you show us?
Sorry nothing.

>What are your on-set stories?
I just love being on set, working hard to get results is truly a gift.

Also, what are your thoughts on the online classes by Werner Herzog? I'm really interested tbqh (to be quite honest).
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/werner-herzog-teaches-filmmaking#
>>
>>69763855
>Trouble is, all anyone wants are extras.
Pro tip: use a green screen and shoot yourself wearing different clothes. It works pretty good for a background figure, I did it once and I was quite happy with the results.
>>
>>69768171
Sounds interesting, but not $90 interesting.
>>
jump
>>
>>69768171
>>69768262
90$ for 5h sounds a bit expensive
>>
>>69772019
90$ for a 5 hour workshop is nothing.

How old are you?
>>
>>69763986
Nice! Good luck.
>>
>>69773865
paying 90$ to see 5h of video seems expensive to me pham
>>
Made my first short film last fall to try it out, loved it.

Currently working with my friend to write a script about a group of friends who start selling weed because it was their friend's dying wish. Monty Python / Airplane! / Naked Gun type humor, not DUDE WEED LMAO. Gonna start shooting this summer, I'll share it when it's done.

>>69763986
Gl senpai

>>69768171
I love Herzog but $90 does seem a bit much. I'm still considering it though, I've spent more on less useful stuff.
>>
>>69764164
Depends on the project, honestly. I'm looking to build a bit of a portfolio.
>>
Anybody know of any good cheap dslr steadicams? Handheld is unacceptable and being that I'm working on no budget, I don't have time to be setting up shots all day.
>>
final bump

Someone pls critique script>>69762462
>>
is there a Skype/discord/whatever group for this kind of thing?
>>
>>69778995
Wouldn't be hard to set one up
>>
>>69778995
I'd be down.

Rewatching Fargo S1, looking for inspiration. My plan for writing is to pick some scripts, send them to a printers, and study them as much as I can. I've hit 70 over the weekend, looking to return to it since I've got a bunch of free time now.
>>
working on the short ive been working on for half a year. stressful since i can reshoot shit at will and editing is a mental strain.

did a short for my film class over the course of last week and finished though and that was refreshing.
>>
>>69762462
Looks good anon, but I would change the following things if it was my script:

drop the following line: "Ryan: Just saying", make ryan shrug his shoulders instead of saying "just saying"

adjust "a fat payload." to "large amounts of money" it sounds a bit better imo (but that's up to you)

i'd also rework the shock collar bit to this:

Make Ryan put the collar on Paul. When Paul runs away make Ryan do a gesture with his hands to Adam to tell him to wait and see. When the shock collar goes off make Ryan say "told you it works"

When Bill's part comes up (which is very well written dialogue) you need to clarify in your script if Adam still has the gag in his mouth or not.

Remove the line "Prove i-" and change it to Paul struggling in his chair or trying to Kick Bill.

Also, later on Bill brings Paul out as his secret weapon. I wouldn't make Paul awkwardly wave to Jonas and his men. Paul just got kidnapped and the audience is supposed to believe he's totally fine being Bill's slave. Or does it have to do with Bill pressing the button earlier on?

Conclusion: you got a good set up to what might be a tv series or a movie. I hope that the reveals you might be planning don't make your project seem cheesy or stupid. Keep up the work anon :)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.