[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Men Are Sabotaging The Online Reviews Of TV Shows Aimed At Women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1920[1].jpg (111 KB, 1920x938) Image search: [Google]
1920[1].jpg
111 KB, 1920x938
>For a show with the IMDb average gender breakdown of 30 percent women and 70 percent men, men rated the show 0.5 points lower than women did, on average. When a show’s raters split evenly by gender, 50-50, men rated the program a full 1 point lower than women did.
>Nearly 60 percent of the people who rated “Sex and the City” on IMDb are women, and looking only at those scores, the show has an 8.1. That’s well above average. Male users, though, who made up just over 40 percent of “Sex and the City” raters, assigned it, on average, a 5.8 rating. Oof.
>We can also drill down and look at the percentage of IMDb users who assigned a 1 rating to programs, the lowest score. Among shows with at least 10,000 ratings (566 programs of our overall set of 2,514), men and women gave out 1s at about the same rate: 2.8 percent of male votes were a 1, while 2.1 percent of female votes were a 1. So one gender is not particularly more negative than the other.
fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-sabotaging-the-online-reviews-of-tv-shows-aimed-at-women/

Disgusting I'm sure there are like 3 people that cared about those reviews
>>
>Men ar sabotaging
Men are disagreeing with us this will not do they have to like everything we like
>>
Obviously men should be forbidden from participating in reviewing or rating anything that has a women in it if they can't control themselves.
>>
I thought FiveThirtyEight was a political pollster website
>>
>>69756215
>Oof.
>>
>Men are expressing their dislike for media tailored towards the other sex.

Whiny bitches, that's all women are. See, men aren't just going to sit back and shut up like you did for millennia.

And Sex and the City was OK, but it was not a great show.
>>
>everyone's opinion counted and equal
>some opinions should be more equal than others
okay lady
>>
>Men have lower opinions of female-oriented shows than women

UGH. Just...UGH. why the FUCK is this allowed in 2016? I literally can't even with this right now
>>
>>69756603
I hope whoever wrote that drinks bleach.
>>
>men watch shows
>they suck
>they score them accordingly
>listen all-a-y'all
>>
>anything that targets a woman should be immune to criticism

lets all give apple a big hand for getting women on the internet
>>
>>69757334
I'd kinda like for everyone who watches any sort of youtube original content to drink bleach. But that would make the world a better place, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>69756215
>male/female

This is sexist against transgenders.
>>
>>69756397
I think it was founded by Nate Silver who correctly predicted the last presidential election electoral votes. He became famous from that.

He's since went pretty JUST
>>
>>69756397
It still is, they just do all kinds of statistics shit now
>>
this doesn't surprise me, considering how the mere sight of a black man 'triggers' you so much it awakens latent cuckold fetishes
>>
>>69756215

>men don't like things aimed at them

this is obviously due to misogyny
>>
>>69756215
>men are giving bad scores to things that arent targeted to them
>sabotage
>>
>women consume nothing but nigger and cuck garbage
>wonder why men rate it so lowly

Gee it's almost as if they are trying to tell you something.
>>
This article doesnt even exist you dumb fucks.
>>
>Men giving bad scores to shows not aimed at them
>Mentions AVGN in a negative way
the writer should love AVGN for deciding he's not going to review ghostbusters, a movie he probably would've gave a bad score because it wasn't really for him
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.