[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I, CLAUDIUS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Augustus.png (968 KB, 955x665) Image search: [Google]
Augustus.png
968 KB, 955x665
>Quinctilius Varus, where are my eagles!

How can one show be so based? Literally everything is perfect; the casting, the acting, the costumes, the historicity.
If you haven't watched it, what the fuck are you doing on /tv/?
>>
I tried to download it but could not achieve decent thoroughput. Could you please post a valid mega link? Don't post it here, post it to /r/megalinks so all can enjoy.
>>
>>69755876
Reading the book currently. Its great but god damn i hate Roman naming conventions. I don't want to keep track of all 12 dudes named Tiberius.
>>
Is there anything that covers the span of Augustus to Nero and just those 5?
>>
File: wat_Claudius.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
wat_Claudius.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
>>69758100
yeah, it's called "I, Claudius" and "Claudius The God" by Robert Graves.
>>
>>69755876
The casting is good maybe with the exception of Brian Blessed as Augustus. It's hard to believe that such a bumbling buffoon could rule the world for so long. I know that was the point in the novel but I think he overdid it.

There is a superior show from the same period and it's called The Caesars. It was made in 1968 so is black and white unfortunately. Some of the actors are even the same but it's much more serious and focuses on Tiberius instead of Claudius.
>>
>>69758100
>>69759604
>>69759823
Forgot link.
https://youtu.be/B7HHrkoac0o
>>
>>69757333
It's all on youtube mate
>>69759823
Yeah, I'm not as big of a fan of Blessed's Augustus as the Augustus on Rome. I prefer a sociopathic first emperor to the fake bumbling one in I, Claudius.

That said, Derek Jacobi as Claudius was top notch, John Hurt killed it as Caligula and I really liked their Tiberius. Livia was also very believable as a cold hearted bitch.
>>
>>69760257

The difference is Blessed's Augustus is old and well situated in power.
>>
>>69760407
He was, and I suppose you could see the genius underneath Blessed's boisterousness. Especially in moments with Agrippa and when he received the letter from Drusus.
I just felt that they could have gone further.
>>
File: Livia.jpg (14 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
Livia.jpg
14 KB, 236x283
>They say a snake bit her once - and died.
>>
>>69760257
How does youtube existence compare to mega links posted to /r/megalinks?

Can you really not grok the difference? Spend less time contemplating Augustus and start considering context in actual reality.
>>
>>69761283
Of the two of those options, contemplating Augustus sounds way more fun. I think I'll do that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.