[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul Thomas Anderson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Paul_Thomas_Anderson_2007_crop.jpg (738 KB, 869x1122) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Thomas_Anderson_2007_crop.jpg
738 KB, 869x1122
PTA thread?

I've been going through his filmography and I just finished Magnolia. I thought it was brilliant. What does /tv/ think about him/his films?
>>
One of the biggest threats to artistic alive on the planet today. If you cared even an iota about cinema you'd kill this man without a moment's hesitation if he ever crossed your path.

Now return to your home board, adult video game player. PTA is a monster. A fraud, a hack. Cinematic terrorist.
>>
>>69754443
You're thinking the other Paul Anderson who directed Alien vs Predator and Resident Evil
>>
>>69754485
Fuck off neo-shit. PTA is a thousand times more culturally destructive than WS Anderson. I've been fighting this con man since before you were old enough to even see his movies.
>>
his movies are cringeworthy
>>
File: EventHorizon.gif (2 MB, 336x136) Image search: [Google]
EventHorizon.gif
2 MB, 336x136
>>69754485
But that was also the same man who gave us Event Horizon.
>>
I always like PTA's choice in music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk6y6p3ZI80
>>
>>69754356
Hard Eight - haven't seen
Boogie Nights - good
Magnolia - great
Punch Drunk Love - good, but not always good
There Will Be Blood - great
The Master - overrated as hell
Inherent Vice - okay, but fun
Junjun - haven't seen
It's weird that he hasn't so much as started his next film. I wonder what direction he'll go in next?
>>
I suffered through the juvenile film student dreck of Magnolia and Boogie Nights. I endured the memetic self aggrandizing postering of The Master and There Will Be Blood, but after Inherent Vice I will never watch un film de PTA ever again.

PTA is Tarantino 2.0 with a thin verneer of legitimacy that manages to fool a new wave of 16 year olds with every passing year. I know you teens think that you're appreciating cinema as you sit there solemnly viewing There Will Be Blood, convinced you're beholding some work of great significance, but know that you're still just playing a video game.
>>
>>69754819
yeah this is the third time you've said that in this thread. You've posted this in other PTA threads too, dude. Chillax lol
>>
>>69754819
The Master was what led me into film. Name a better film than that and then you'll have my attention.
>>
>>69755972
>The Master was what led me into film.
How pathetic. Were you born in the 00s?

Sátántangó
>>
>>69754443
>>69754585
>Korine fans
>>
>>69756039
>Sátántangó
OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>69754356
Of the ones I've seen:
Boogie Nights - Great
Punch Drunk Love - Very Good
There Will be Blood - Century-defining
The Master - Very Good
Inherent Vice - Good the first time I saw it, Very good the second plus viewing (don't watch for the plot)
>>
>>69756272
>Century-defining
Thank you 18 year old.
>>
>>69756312
Too deep for you?
>>
>>69754356

One of the best directors working today.
>>
>>69756533
It's a Tarantino release with even more memes. Not even in the top 50 releases of 2007.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.