[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That'll be$24.99 for the large popcorn >$12.99 for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: images-22.jpg (13 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images-22.jpg
13 KB, 194x259
>That'll be$24.99 for the large popcorn
>$12.99 for the extra large Diet Coke
>Plus tip

What do? Seriously what would you do?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>69742335
RAN OFF ON THE PLUG TWICE
>>
>>69742335
I never get food when I see a movie. I see the film and I leave. Don't stay for the Reddit end of credits scene, I don't show up 30 minutes early to watch the previews, I simply order my tickets online, show up like 10 minutes after the movie starts to skip all the advertisements, and then leave as soon as the movie is over. Okay Op? Is that okay with you familia?
>>
>>69742335
Who the fuck tip the popcorn guy?
>>
I don't eat popcorn or drink diet coke.
>>
>>69742472
This, when the going gets Jewy, the Jews get going.
>>
>>69742335
Excuse me but this isn't my order. I just want a bottle of mineral water.
>>
>>69742335
do you have anything for my falcon, nubian?
>>
>>69742472
One time when I was like 14 I got caught and the manager forced me to throw away my red vines. I was waiting for my uncle and brother to leave the restroom at the timeso once they came out I was no longer to be seen. Once they found me my uncle basically chewed out the manager for "intimidating a minor" and "forcibly separating me from the group".
I had to throw away red vines so the manager thought that a good way to settle this was to give me free twizzlers
Fuck twizzlers
>>
>>69742335
I don't understand this meme.
>>
>>69742934
Most cinemas forbid people from bringing in food and drinks into to theater so they can basically charge for concessions as much as they want
>>
File: 1462429756720.png (308 KB, 546x522) Image search: [Google]
1462429756720.png
308 KB, 546x522
>tfw the cinema clown bursts in and starts his routine at an important part of the movie
>>
>>69742985
>>69742934

Theaters in the US forbid bringing in food, but also don't price food competitively due to the restriction. As such, concessions are usually insanely overpriced. The argument theater owners provide is "Well we don't make money from the tickets, so we use the food to stay afloat" at which point you kindly point out that if they didn't price things like a boomer selling a rusted out '67 muscle car, more people would actually pay for their food.
>>
>>69742986
>tfw he charged me $17 for an apple pie that he smushed in my face
>>
>>69742934

In America, we are supposed to tip those who serve us food or provide us with a service.
>>
>>69742335
>can I have some buttered popcorn with popcorn
>panic
>leave
>>
>>69743250
No we aren't.

The employees just perpetuate the idea that you should.
>>
File: 1462024705242.jpg (167 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
1462024705242.jpg
167 KB, 1024x1820
>>69742986
kek
>>
>>69742918
>manager thought that a good way to settle this was to give me free twizzlers
>Fuck twizzlers
What a fucking asshole, should've just given you free movie tickets.
>>
>>69743430
Red Vines>Twizzlers
if you think otherwise you are wrong
>>
>>69742985
They can't pat you down or use metal detectors apparently so fuck that shit. I'll drink as much beer as I can smuggle in.
>>
>>69743488
I was agreeing with you
>>
*works at a theatre currently* I don't expect you buy the stuff but don't whine at me that its expensive when you've been stood in line looking at all the prices.
>>
>>69743228
>tfw he smacked on my anvil while he ate my crab legs
>>
>>69743528
Is it true that you can play video games on those screens?
>>
>>69743340
Bane?
>>
>>69742472
I sneak in alcohol all the time in my waist band.
>>
>>69743691
probably not, at least where we work, since all the projectors are connected to a server that runs a playlist. So even if it were really quiet they'll just try to save money and ask people if they want to go home early instead.
>>
>tfw go to cinema showers for the demanded cleaning procedure
>cinema has newly installed waterslides leading from the showers to the kino stalls
>finish my shower choreography
>enter sliding area
>slide entrance is blocked with yellow tape
>probably just for cleaning purposes
>no shower security around
>this is my chance
>swing into the slide
>spiral down the neon colored tube
>after 30 seconds I notice a person holding a knife standing in the middle of the slide
>its the kino security guard on one of his patrol walks
>oh shit
>its too late for braking so I try to gain speed instead
>as I arrive at the guard he tries to catch me but I keep sliding through his open legs
>throws his knife at me
>knife rips open my right leg
>keep on sliding down for another minute
>arrive at the collecting tanks of the kino stalls
>theater detectives holding a phone spot me and take me in custody
>chinese looking cinema nurse sprinkles hot crab grease into my ripped open wound
>blackout from pain
>wake up next to the cinema trash containers
>wait until dawn
>take the first train down to the city
>buy myself a mixed crab on a log in the nearby mini mart

pretty alright experience desu. I'd rate it a 7/10
>>
File: 1398341405897.webm (230 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1398341405897.webm
230 KB, 400x225
>>69743312
>>
>>69744623
you're not funny
>>
>>69744875
i liked it. post more cinema stories. requesting that one about the pogo sticks and the homeless person pube beard.
>>
File: 1338737857752.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1338737857752.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
Movie popcorn is overpriced and I bring my flask with me to drink.

My best friend who I used to go with a lot when I worked in the same city would always buy like fucking prezels or nachos and candy and the slushie drinks. I was like, nigga how the fuck you gonna eat all that and why the fuck are you paying 40 bucks to eat food that costs less than five?

Also, I wish a theatre here had a bar. They could sucker me into buying 10 dollar cocktails, but not fucking hot corn.
>>
File: 1440803888110.jpg (114 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1440803888110.jpg
114 KB, 612x612
I remember sneaking in some margarine to snack on, but the helicopter light caught me just as I had my own wood crafted spoon (I don't trust the government) lodged inside a mound of margarine. I still don't know how they noticed, since my chins were hiding the extra small 2L tub of margarine. Even after all that time on that steel, prison bed, I still keep going back to that flickflasher.
Lesson of the day: if you want to eat margarine in flickflashers, make sure buy the Cinema marked tub, rather than bringing your own.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 242x200
>>69744623

American cinemas really have showers?
>>
>>69745704
Yeah. Mine also has a bowling alley, a pool table, and a fully functioning bar all in one of the rooms.
>>
>Implying it's not $54.99 for popcorn and $29.99 for a coke.

Welcome to Canada you fuckers.

Anyways I just slide a mickey into my pants and sip on that during the movie.
>>
>>69742335

>give him 10 bucks
>"keep the change"
>Teleport away
>>
>>69742335

Correct him and let him know that the Singles prices are actually double that. He should know about his theater's policies. Fucking nigger.
>>
I truly don't understand why people eat like horses when they go watch a movie. At the most I'll bring a bottle of water but that's only if the movie is pushing three hours.

> always a person who crunches popcorn the entire movie
> always a person who goes to the bathroom 5 times during the movie
> always people who let their kids run up and down the aisles
> always a person who slurps pop the entire movie
> seats always uncomfortable as fuck
> always some asshole who checks his facebook every 10 minutes
> always a herd of landwhales that waddle in out of breath after the movie already started carrying 5 buckets of popcorn and 20 gallons of soda with a couple platters of nachos for good measure

This is why I'd rather stay at home and wait for an HD Rip.
>>
>>69745704

Yes. Mine even has a shoe shine/repair kiosk
>>
File: sothen.png (5 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
sothen.png
5 KB, 239x258
>like to talk during movies
>keep it to a whisper
>go out with friends
>me and the other guy who likes to talk are seated together so we won't bother the scrubs who actually want to watch Civil War
>i whisper something in my standard ASMR theater voice
>he responds in practically his speaking voice
>everyone hisses at us to shut up
I mean being annoying is one thing, but you gotta draw the line somewhere

I genuinely wish there were chat bubbles in theaters. 2 bucks off ticket price, children/babies are made to go there, and you can talk and text and eat and not disturb the delicate sensibilities of people who absolutely must watch their capeshit in peace.
>>
>>69742335
Tell him I'm jewish
>>
>>69743250
I agree with Steve Buscemi on this matter
>>
>>69742335
Do what I always do. I make popcorn at home and put it into the bucket they gave me the first time I was at their theater, stuff it into my backpack. then I can eat nearly free popcorn in the theater and they are none the wiser

Actually, I used to do that back in 1994 when torrenting wasn't a thing.
>>
> go to see Civil War
> haven't left house in months prior
> sit down alone
> hear giggling behind me
> when i go to urinate i see there is a group of cunny behind me
> half way through film
> cute brunette cunny props her feet up on the chair beside my head
> could smell the soles sligthtly
> want to sniff so bad
> stealthily lean in to whiff her delicious foot aroma
> penis gets hard
> wearing baggy shorts and a trench coat
> no one can see me jerking it
> her toes fill my nostrils
> going to cum
> cant help myself
> Lick her foot as i blow my load
>>
>>69746429
If you can't shut your cocksucking mouth for two hours, you deserve to be told to shut up.
>>
> americans cant go 90 minutes without eating sugary snacks
>>
>>69747052
> shrieks come from behind me
> the young cunny yells for her mom
> I am euphoric in my state of orgasm
> Mom confronts me
> tell her that she should keep her cunny toes covered if she doesnt want them licked
> calls me a pedophile
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE loudly
> antman is on the screen turning into giant man
> this fuels me
> I tell her to shut her feminist slut mouth
> theater usher comes
> I tell him that i'll fight him
> reach into my trench coat
> feel a hard impact to the back of my head
> fall to the ground knocked out
>>
>>69742686

My apologies, sir, that'll be 34.95 plus your firstborn daughter's anal virginity.
>>
>>69747198
A marvelfag knocked me out because I was disturbing him
> have sweet dreams of toe sucking
> this has to be what heaven is
> wake up in a jail cell
> cop tells me I'm being booked for lewdness
> dont even care it was worth it
> fellow inmates ask what i did
> tell them i licked cunny feet
> they all respect me and accept me as their alpha
> I am currently posting this from an iphone inside of prison
>>
>>69742918
I'll admit Redvines has a little extra spice to it that makes it taste better. But the texture is TERRIBLE. They're so unsatisfying to bite into. Hollow, thin, and hard. Until they turn wet, and get soggy and then immediately turn into glue, getting stuck to your teeth.

Twizzlers at least give you a good bit, and chew. Which makes them a perfect snacking food.
>>
>>69742503
Why even go to the movies? Why not just download it online if your going to be such a faggot?
>>
>>69747461
>spotted the nor is chad that talks loud and texts during the movie to his Stacey

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OFF MY BOARD NORMIE
>>
File: smuganimeface73.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
smuganimeface73.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>69747131
Stay mad, focusfag.
>>
>guy before me in line demands fries with butter
>girl behind counter: you mean pop corn, sir?
>guy: that's what I just said, stupid cow!
>>
I sneak in 2 pints and get drunk af and run up and down the side steps yelling EL DIABLO when the movie ends
>>
>>69742985

The cinema I go to allows you to bring in your own food (accept hot food due to smell) and people still buy fuck tons of food from the concessions stands. Doesn't matter if you restrict it or not.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.