[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do we stop pretending that this guy can act?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: caviar.jpg (12 KB, 534x275) Image search: [Google]
caviar.jpg
12 KB, 534x275
When do we stop pretending that this guy can act?
>>
but he was good in the Tudors
>>
>>69741521
When his hairline thickens.
>>
>>69741521
>LOIS, IT'S ME SUPERMAN!
>>
>>69741521
When he stops being ridiculously handsome no homo
>>
>>69741521
when yellow sun explodes
>>
Thought that was Andrew Garfield so enjoy the best scene of the capeshit era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe-HJhWrJc
>>
>>69741521
He can act. The problem is that his Superman movie was just silent brooding and overssaturated colors so he had no opportunity to show it.

His movies don't even really have Clark Kent.
>>
cuz he hot af
>>
He's not academy material obviously, but he's decent. Lot of room for improvement, kind of has the keanu reeves thing going for him desu.

Imo I think hes the best superman.
>>
Reeve was the only decent Superman because he didn't play it stiff and rigid like everybody else in the history of the character on film. George Reeves is second best.
>>
I
WILL
FIND
HIIIIIIIIIIIM
>>
>>69741521
he was pretty good in uncle though
>>
>>69741602
exactly, somehow WB and Hack Schnitzel thought it was a great idea to have Super speak 40 lines in the entire movie
>>
>>69741602
>>69741521
I mean I like the guy, but he really cant act. He always has the same confused/mildly surprised expression on his face. It starts being annoying after a while.
>>
The people are Warner and DC are finally taking a closer look at the people they have in charge of the ongoing story of their movie universe and are making changes with Snyder and Goyer officially being out of that role and bringing in people like Geoff Johns(which I don't particularly like but I trust more with the material than fucking Zach Snyder) and even Affleck who is a great writer and director and lover of comic books(he wrote the foreward to the paperback of Kevin Smith's run on Daredevil) will have a more piviotal role in the things to come
>>
>>69742020
Have you seen Man from UNCLE?

He's not a great actor, but he's above average.
>>
>>69741879
Snyder thinks superheroes talking more than 5 sentences in a row in costume is silly, and he doesn't like Clark Kent since he has killed the alter ego forever
>>
>>69741521
name 3 better performances in a capeshit movie
>>
>>69742077
His smug face was the worst part of uncle.
>>
>>69742079
JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson
Christopher Reeve as Superman
Heath as Joker
Willem Dafoe as green goblin
RDJ as Tony Stark
Not a movie but Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio in Daredevil

>>69742127
He played an exaggerated version of an American. He was basically Stan Smith IRL. He did it well.
>>
>>69742077
How the fuck one defines great and above average actors?
>>
>>69741521
He can act, Snyder just can't direct.
>>
File: 1462978977204.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462978977204.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69742078
Jesus christ Snyder literally JUSTED the whole DC brand familia
>>
He has charm. I think he is a good actor when he is allowed to act. Also really handsome..... not gay.
>>
>>69741521
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was tight, and he was pretty good.
>>
>>69742180
Average actors are ones that can deliver the lines well enough to not hurt the movie but also aren't particularly exceptional

Cavill can still be charming and bring something unique to a role, so I consider him above average
>>
>>69742262
>He has charm
He has the charm of an Easter Island statue.
>>
He's just unreasonably handsome

hairline memes aside, no one has any business being that attractive

no homo though
>>
File: henry_cavill_08.jpg (86 KB, 700x935) Image search: [Google]
henry_cavill_08.jpg
86 KB, 700x935
>>69742393
it's just not fair fampai
>>
>>69742299
Which ones would you call exceptional actors?
>>
He isn't paid to act. Nobody is, nowadays.
>>
>>69741521
he's a greek god.

you're not supposed to care for whatever he's saying
>>
>>69742515
Here's how I rank actors

> God tier

De Niro, Joaquin Phoenix, Al Pacino, people that are straight up mesmerizing to watch

> Great tier

Brad Pitt, Downey Jr, people who can really deliver a solid performance and bring something unique

> Good tier

People I like, but aren't particularly exceptional. Dwayne Johnson fits this. He's charming but not great.

> average tier

People who aren't memorable. Not bad, but not great. Tobey Maguire fits this, he's likable but not particularly talented.

and everything below is bad to some degree.
>>
>>69742826
>Joaquin Pheonix
What about him stands out that much?
>>
>>69742914
> Her
> Gladiator
> The Master

Literally some of the best acting I've ever seen and every performance feels like a completely different person.

The ONLY reason he isn't considered on the same level as De Niro is because he's still sorta young. I guarantee that one day he'll be regarded as one of the best actors to have ever lived.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.