[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Writes, directs and acts in his movies >Make well written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>Writes, directs and acts in his movies
>Make well written films, winning several awards for his writing
>His films are always well acted, with good dialogue, interesting characters, interesting plot and themes
>Doesn't make PG13 shit
>Action feels real and not like a tensionless mess
>His films always makes a profit and are praised by critics
>Many would say he has made the best films in the history of film making
>The soundtracks are always GOAT
>Films his films on FILM
>QT has seen countless movies and can take the best from what he have seen and combine in into something new and fresh
>QT is not awkward about his feet fetish, but embraces it
>Got clear styles that everyone tries to copy, but fails

/tv/ dislikes him because
>Normies watch and enjoys his movies
>Farted on TV
>Got a weird personality
>Worked in a video store

Reminder that disliking QT just makes you a "try-hard contrarian who just turned 22 and thinks his taste is superior and everyone should listen to his opinion because he is always right" type of guy
>>
He's a mediocre director that's been propped up by exceptional actors.
>>
Pulp Fiction is a shit movie. Django is ok though.
>>
Why do people hate Kill Bill so much?

Every time someone mentions it, it's called shit.
>>
>>69731112
H8 is a pleb filter.
Django is utter shit.
>>
File: tell you, how i fart.png (179 KB, 1030x893) Image search: [Google]
tell you, how i fart.png
179 KB, 1030x893
His movies are great, but he's a weird, race fetishizing, pedantic manbaby, which is a valid enough reason for /tv/ to mock him.
>>
>>69732205
>>69732277
fight
>>
>>69731112
>>Many would say he has made the best films in the history of film making

Only casuals would say this
>>
in some movies, 45 minutes of uninterrupted dialogue is a good thing
in others it is not
(that was exageration)

his branching out to other genres is doing him no favours
what works for one does not work for all
>>
>>69731112
Go to bed, Quentin.
>>
django was shit
the hateful 8 was shit
inglorious basterds was ok
>>
>>69732863
Yet, you payed to watch the latest super hero flick.
And enjoyed it.

Interesting.
>>
>>69732915

Not that guy but you should really let the trained kid upstairs with the summer job do the projecting.
>>
>>69732205
Idiot
>>
The fact the he writes, directs and acts in his own movies is part of the problem, he needs someone to reign him in and harness his talent because of his manchild arrested development personality.

He was working within boundaries when he made Pulp Fiction and it was a masterpiece. He was completely off the leash when he made Kill Bill and just look at it, 4+ hours and a complete mess.

His post Jackie Brown (his least Tarantino-esque film and his best last work) have had truly great scenes in them but they have all been overly self indulgent and suffered because of them, he hasn't improved as a film maker over time, he's just stuck where he was.
>>
>>69731112
His shit it too long and his style is borrowed.
Can't fault his dialogue tho.

He's pretty much a one man genre at this point.
As much as I don't like him, cinema would miss him more than most.

Imagine a world without the Russo brothers. Civil War would still have been made and would probably be 95% identical to the way it is now.
>>
Who got that link of him farting on TV I've never heard of that before
>>
>>69734723
>he hasn't improved as a film maker over time, he's just stuck where he was.
True. He's become a jaded fuck, unable to challange himself artistically, and with no one challanging him due to his trackrecord of making bank, he's stuck making the same type ogmf movie over and over again. By this point, he's as boring as capeshit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.