[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was gonna talk about this on /co/ but I don't know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Doom_Screenshot.jpg (91 KB, 575x328) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Screenshot.jpg
91 KB, 575x328
I was gonna talk about this on /co/ but I don't know how well this will go over with the comic geeks.

I finished this just a few minutes ago and have never suffered a more serious case of "fuck you, I liked it" in my life.

There were a few problems, most of the petty. The worst part of the movie is how awkwardly they shove "it's clobbering time" and "Dr. Doom over here" into the script. My other complaint is how obvious it is that there was originally going to be a lot more body horror. The body horror we got was done remarkably well with the restraint of PG-13.

I thought Reed dragging himself across the floor to dig Ben out of the rubble, then looking back and seeing that his foot is stuck under some rubble and his leg is stretched to the length of the room was a genius way to introduce his powers.

I liked Doom's motivations and I thought he played off of Reed very well. The design isn't traditional but it is visually appealing.

Films should adapt comics, not emulate them. To Kill a Mockingbird changes the main character between the novel and the film.

The acting is top notch. The CGI is more consistent than the Avengers clusterfuck. The camera work has a personality to it. I feel like I'm watch the director's movie, not the studio's movie. Despite all the supposed studio interference behind the scenes.

I'm resting on a 6.5/10 which is more than I've enjoyed any MCU movie since Winter Soldier.

What are the glaring flaws of this movie that I missed?
>>
>I was gonna talk about this on /co/

You really should, fuck off.

>>>/co/
>>
File: 1438874319000.png (647 KB, 1330x832) Image search: [Google]
1438874319000.png
647 KB, 1330x832
>>69727267
now comes the part where everyone agrees with you and proclaims that they never actually hated this flick
>>
Yeah it was fine. We all know that Disney is sabotaging these movies yo get the rights back.
>>
>>69727267
Terrible third act. Would have been a better film about them being used by the Government more, that was an interesting angle.

The final fight with Doom was pathetic.
>>
>>69727267
everything thats has nothing to do with the comic
>>
No you should fuck off to /co/ its a hugbox that will suite your shit taste, you fucking retard.
>>
>>69727335
that's a really dumb thing he said
>>
>>69727335

Yeah, it's not that fucking bad. Have you watched it?

>>69727371
I agree with this though. The fight sucked but I liked Doom enough to enjoy it.

>>69727351
That makes sense. Disney are cunts.
>>
>>69727267
First half was decent, then it got edited and chopped up to hell, with reshot scenes mandated by the studio. The "Say that again?" scene at the end is a reshoot because Sue Storm is wearing a wig.

The original movie was supposed to be 2.5 hours.
>>
>>69727267
>I liked Doom's motivations

What were they.
>>
>>69727872
Fuck me nevermind, it looks like it's her real hair.
I guess the scene would have been fine if the preceding ~30 minutes hadn't been so awkwardly paced and rushed.
>>
>>69727267
I'm with you OP and said as much when the movie came out. The first half was interesting, and it got ruined by studio interference.

Now, it was never going to be massive blockbuster hit if Trank got to do what he wanted, but it could have been a cult classic.

Still, wasted potential and the movies shows it.
>>
>>69727267
Love the exploding head bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTK-1jxPhz8

Third act is terrible.
>>
>>69728025
wasn't this shit recycled from the Chronicle sequel that never happened.
>>
at least it was better than BvS, but that's not saying much.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOK3GmozWQ

Judging from this and the trailers the film got fucked with and they ruined Josh's vision to turn it into another avengers
>>
>>69730984
That's exactly what happened, he was even possibly on /tv/ and /co/ talking about it.
>>
>>69727335
>violent rape aren't enjoyble
tip heels
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.