[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck would he leave the Wall? Such a moronic and out-of-character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9
Why the fuck would he leave the Wall? Such a moronic and out-of-character writing.

> Thorne and Olly dead
> fucking ice demons are coming
> accompanied by 100 000 zombie soldiers
> he fucking KILLED one of them (Walkers)
> gave his life defending his stand
> where the fuck else would he go anyway? he doesn't even have a pot to piss in
> even Edd asks him that and reminds him of Hardhome massacre and ice fucking demons
> "naaahhh, I'm going South brother, peace out, good luck with your new ice overlords"
> reprimanded by Sansa "Double Chin" Stark

What a horrific, piece of shit writing. Fuck this series.
>>
>been shit on the entire time your there
>get captured
>fuck gingerminge
>she shoots you with arrows
>fight a huge battle
>fight another huge battle with zombies
>try and solve shit with logic and reason
>get fucking murdered for it
Jon just wants a vacation
>>
>>69724564
Vacation, sure, why the fuck not? But it's sooo out-of-character for him.
>>
>>69724564
>vacation
>from saving the world

yeah, shitty writing
>>
>>69724587
>out-of-character

A person revived by a Priest of R'hllor changes personality and judgement.
>>
>>69724598
>try and save the world
>get murdered for it
Even Jon has to have his limits to this kind of bullshit. Also its confirmed getting brought back from the dead changes you.
>>
>>69724621
Lel, you think D&D remember the Bondarion gimmick from Season 3? Newsflash, they don't.
>>
I wonder what happens in the books

Jon gets stabbed for wanting to march to winterfell? So when he wakes up, he is free to do that duty. But this Jon is like nah. I hate all of you
>>
>>69724665
D&D remembered unburnt Daenerys' gimmick from Season 1.
>>
>>69724637
Why are you defending shitty writing?
>>
>>69724730
Except in S1 there was B L O O D M A G I C involved.
>>
He saw that there was nothing after death

He is having an existential crisis
>>
>>69724757
Daenerys sacrificed the Khals.

"Only death can pay for life."
>>
>hurr he should just stay with people who murdered him (there were more than 4 guys who stabbed him)

Fuck the Night's Watch.
>>
>>69724900
it's not about the watch. It's about the Others

He could try to hold the wall with wildlings for all i care
>>
>>69724946
>do what he got murdered for again
hurrrr

2000 wildlings and like 500 NW aren't stopping shit. They need armies from all across the realm.
>>
>Wall is a lost cause even if they tried defending it
>Only hope is uniting westeros
>His "brothers" fucked him over
>His watch has ended when he died
>He got cucked into the Watch because of Ned's bullshit anyway

pick 1
>>
>>69724979
And yet he thought of going to the Southern bitches. What a braindead Down's you are.
>>
>>69724979
No one around would dare to fuck with him after ressurection.

> They need armies from all across the realm.

Then fucking spit it out, rather than smirking and mumblingabout "getting warmer"
>>
>>69725036
>>69725025
Are you two 12 years old?
>>
File: r u fukn serious m8.webm (560 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
r u fukn serious m8.webm
560 KB, 640x348
Serious question,

What's fucking taking the Whitewalkers so long from getting to Castle Black and beyond?

Felt like people have made that trips that long like 20 times throughout the show.
>>
>>69724757
Somebody get this lady the SACREDTAMPON
>>
>>69725055
are you braindead, in love with jon snu, or HBO shill?
>>
>>69725081
>What's fucking taking the Whitewalkers so long from getting to Castle Black and beyond?
Fat Man originally planned this to be 3 books, the wait wasn't meant to be this long.
>Felt like people have made that trips that long like 20 times throughout the show.
Because they have.
>>
They're probably killing more wildling camps/looking for Bran
>>
>>69724527
I haven't read the books, but it wouldve been better if he left his post AFTER he gets the letter. Hes been dying to go south to support the starks but the shit thats fucking happening up north has always came first. It wouldve made more sense if the immediate danger of boltens coming up north to irradicate the wildlings was the main reason for him to consider leaving the watch to lead the northerners. The addition of Sansa and Rickon couldve been more emotional and impactful if it was the FINAL nail in the coffin for him to leave, and start his path on following his Stark heritage.

The one thing that is cool about Jon is that he is very much like Ned, on how he upholds his honour and does the greater good. So with him suddenly pussying out because he had to kill that little shit is really uncool.

He couldve been the Aragorn of GoT, with him finally dropping the ranger act, and becoming what he was born to be for the greater good, instead of being a little faggot who cant handle being crow.>>69724564
>>
>>69725081
They can't pass by the wall because of muh ancient magic.

In the books they could use a magic horn to bring the whole thing down allegedly, however the one currently presented is a fake.
>>
This series sounds like dog shit now. Thank fuck I stopped watching it after the dumpster first season.

You all need to ask yourselves how much time you spend in utter disgust of some of these character arcs.

Let me tell you how my thought went with this show

>queen of burgers goes on rant about slaves and brown people
Man I really wanna skip this scene
>sand sneks go on rampage destroying their own house
>that ogre that plays Arya is looking more and more like a 30 year old hunchback everyday
>Sansa stark falls 100 feet off a castle wall and survives
>briane goes on a killing rampage against some good men

At a certain point if you wanna skip more than half the fucking show, you should stop fucking watching it
>>
>>69725081
The Others are seemingly intelligent. Perhaps they are waiting for the Northern War to break out in books / show. Just imagine how many corpses they can salvage from that war.
>>
>>69724527
Plus won't he be killed if he's caught abandoning the night's watch? No one is gonna believe his death/resurrection bullshit.
>>
>>69725081
Sam actually did remember? He saw all the white walkers moving ahead of him, then went back to Castle Black, and the unfit fat guy still beat them there when they had a head start. I'm sure Martin realizes this tough, they're probably biding their time for something.
>>
>>69724732
Its not shitty when you arent autistic and actually understand whats happening.
>>
>>69725154
Fuck this hurts.

I still remember the times of season 1-3 not wanting to miss out on everyhing that is happening. Now its just meh with predictable plots. Everything has gone down hill after they killed off most of all the good characters.

Havent read the books but I'm planning to, so I hope its as good as the bookfags say it is.
>>
>>69724587
>sure, you're right
>but lol you're still wrong XD

good discussion
>>
>>69725081
they have to wait for the Faceless Men to steal a dragon and melt a hole in the Wall for them.
>>
>>69725261
True that, In the beginning I was all giddy and excited, wanted to learn how everyone was connected, things werent as predictable. Now the show is towing the line so hard and pulling its punches.
>>
>gets killed doing his job
>Expect him to go back to his job

its not even out of character for him, its out of character for him to need convincing by Sansa though, he WANTED to take winterfel as soon as Roose claimed it

he WANTED to leave the wall when Robb marched to war

he LEFT the wall when Ned died

the guy has been trying to leave the wall ever since he got there.
>>
>>69725243
>I'm sure Martin realizes this tough

ah ah ah
>>
>>69725423
then he realized the threat beyond the wall and purpose of NW, died, and fucked off

it dumb anon
>>
>>69725081
You know that tree that stopped the zombies from killing bran?

yeah that's what the wall has too, they can't get their Zarmy through the wall.

so either they have to wait for the sea to freeze enough to walk over, or they wait for someone to zap the wall. My guess is the wall gets Zapped in episode 10 and the nights king solo's all the lovable, remaining nights watch members. and the final cut is probably jon going like Wooops but atleast winterfel is mine now
>>
>>69725426
He's been pretty consistent really. The only time this idea has been contradicted was by the big fight scene in Hardhome the show added. In the books the white walkers have been generally pacifist so far. There's a few exceptions but they seem to be avoiding large scale fights.
>>
>>69725452
no it's not. He was talked into it by Mormont.

Sure he knows that the Others are the ultimate endgame but he still wants to save Rickon/fake arya
>>
>>69724598
he'll go back north you dumbfuck

>mfw he thinks jon wont fight whitewalkers when they come
>>
>>69725519
well there's a massacre in Hardhome in the books too, just not in POV
>>
>>69725519
> In the books the white walkers have been generally pacifist so far.
>tfw Others just want to chill beyond the wall

I know gurms obsession is deconstruction of cliches, but thats retarded even for him
>>
>>69725537
>>69725529

all that we know in show is that he "wants to get warm"

Sansa and news from Winterfell comes later

stop defending bad writing

in books his decisions made sense, and we dont know how he turns out to be after ressurection
>>
>>69725590
why would he stay, they're not at the wall

maybe he wants to go south to warn the world?

which would mean his decision "made sense"
>>
>>69725554
Not that they do, they've been launching attacks on settlements around, but they haven't really picked any big fights. I can't see how he'd make that argument, unless of course we consider the humans to be illegal immigrants and he's advocating the removal of illegals at the threat of death (which I somehow doubt, though it'd be interesting).
>>
>>69725629
>maybe he wants to go south to warn the world?

Then why doesn't he say that to his friend Edd?
>>
>>69725590
maybe getting killed doing the right thing, and witnissing the nights king turn a village and outskirts of 60k+ that took them 20 minutes to kill into men for his army made him think that "damn we're screwed, maybe instead of fighting a hopeless fight and dying again I can instead have a warm happy remainder of my life in a place I dont need to huddle up next to a fire and layers of clothes just not to get frostbite
>>
>>69724527

when you die and are brought back you come back different this is a fact,

jon came back and hes lsot his will to fight on. he doesnt want to keep fighting any more, he's sick of fucking fighting for a bunch of people who've been nothing but massive douchebags to his despite all of them owing him their lives.

seriouslly i agree with him, fuck those people, go south, get on a boat to lys, chill out, stop freezing his ass off trying to fight a clearly unstoppable horde from killing people he hates
>>
>>69725312

Arya is the prince who was promised. She can be anyone.
>>
>>69725729
>>69725771
well yeah, it kinda makes sense for you bitches.

But not for sameone with sense of duty
>>
>>69725081

they come with the cold. or they're waiting for the right moment to strike

its not solid winter the once the long night begins they will come
>>
>>69725136

>I haven't read the books, but it wouldve been better if he left his post AFTER he gets the letter.

In the books he gets the letter, and because of it decides to go sort out the shit in Winterfell, then gets killed shortly after.
>>
>>69725245
literally most of the watch still stood by him, it was only few conspirators

would Caesar quit and left Rome if he survived the assassination? Fuck no. He'd kill every single mofo and continue to kick ass.
>>
>be a bastard, have no claim to anything, watch your halfbrother the same age as you get all the attention from the parents, all the love of the people
>Get duped by family and friends that the Nights Watch is a place of Honor and pride
>Well thats great for a bastard like me, my fathers wife hates me anyways I'll never be welcome in Winterfel, especially after dad leaves for Kings Landing
>Only a little Dwarf of the family your dad hates and has probably badmouthed around you plenty of times tells you what the watch really is
>arrive
>everyone gives you shit despite you only doing your best
>some boys want to slit your throat just because you beat them in the yard
>when you try to defend yourself people call you an ass
>when you try to help them become better people give you shit
>when you march north you find out that your commander knows that their ally is sacrificing to the enemy of life and the enemy the nights watch even exists for
>go on a ranging
>have to kill some dude you respect
>forsake your honors and pride so they dont kill you
>have to betray the woman you love for the good of everyone
>she gets killed by the little shit kid you've been helping
>some of the officers want you killed despite all you did in protecting the wall, just because you slept with a wildling girl
>meanwhile your entire family has or is in the process of being murdered, but you cant leave because they'll kill you
>become Lord commander
>save thousands of people and prevent the White walkers from getting an even larger army
>get murdered by your subordinates for it

Gee I wonder why he's sick of the wall and wants to finally go somewhere else
>>
it's almost like he's a character with his own desires and personality.

it's almost like he isn't a carbon cut out generic superhero main characterr that is obliged to save the worrld from the crazy evil monsters xD

fuck off and don't you dare reply to me
>>
>>69725886
>literally most of the watch stood by him
>50 people let 4 people get away with murdering their lord commander just because

he had the support of what, 6 people including davos and melisandre?
>>
>>69725886
So the ones that were out numbered trapped in he room was most of them?
Fucking retards. Go rewatch when he died. Even people from the other castles complain about Jon to Ramsay.

Now's it's gonna be bastard vs bastard at least.
>>
>>69725948
>>69725994
>that arguing in the main hall after the assassination
>implying they wouldn't obey their leaders (who conspired alone)
>>
>>69724527
Jon isn't some arrogant asshole who would start calling himself the lord of light after he got resurrected; if anything his reaction is fairly accurate: he had a bit of a mental breakdown after being brought back to life from being stabbed to death by his allies

it's all nice for you to say "he should be stronger than that!", but you can NEVER know what that feels like, to know that if a magic witch hadn't been there, then you would have died without completing anything, because you tried to do the right thing to help save the world
>>
Who cares about his motivation, he had a change of heart just so Sansa could have something to do this season.
>>
>>69726026
>argued in the main hall
>Alliser says 2 sentences and they all shut up

>noone lifts a finger when Thorne wants to kill the brothers defending their lord commanders corpse
>in fact, they all get ready to kill their brothers for it, because thorne said so
>>
>>69726057
She's outlived her usefulness. Might be killed by Ramsay soon
>>
>>69725423
To be fair he wasn't convinced until the letter.

He tasted defeat and he knew he didn't stand a good chance.
>>
File: censorshit.png (2 MB, 1825x787) Image search: [Google]
censorshit.png
2 MB, 1825x787
>>69725154
>good men

Brienne is the luckiest to run into everyone on her loltravels
The doghandler and his hounds were spotted by the shoreline, they seemed to be chasing a rowing figure with a bulls head
>>
herp derp you stupido or something? obviously he needs to rally WHOLE north against the white walkers
>>
>>69726171
THEN FUCKING ANOUNCE THAT

>sry Edd i just needa get a bit warm and shit k bye
>>
>>69725215
He could just show them the half dozen stab scars to prove it.
>>
File: GRRM writing.webm (3 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
GRRM writing.webm
3 MB, 448x252
>>
File: ROBIN.png (72 KB, 215x202) Image search: [Google]
ROBIN.png
72 KB, 215x202
>>69725898
>mental midget alert
>>
>>69724527
it was necessary, so his traumatized little sister who was raped could convince him to man the fuck up or she'd do it for him

basically to push the stronk womyn plotline
>>
>>69726034
> reddit is not enouh
>>
>>69726213
writers are confirmed morons
>>
>>69726353
>ask why
>get answer
>NOOO I NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT D&D ITS THE NEW IN THING TO DO REEEEEE

fuck off bandwagon faggot, D&D are butchering the show but stick to actualy butchering and not just common sense.
>>
File: 1436422690688.jpg (54 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1436422690688.jpg
54 KB, 323x454
>>69726140
What's this from?
>>
>>69726394
Are you stupid ?
>>
>>69726086
Good, then she can fulfill her destiny and become the slut the prophecy foretold.
>>
>>69724527
Literally only to show what a strong and decisive woman his sister is despite getting raped by an evil oppressive man.
>>
>>69726432
All the chapters from WoW that have been released were cut from the last two books. Pretty believable when you consider fucking nothing happens.
>>
The writing this season is shit.
Why was he resurrected in the first place?
>>
>>69726534
The only reason Jon died is so he can leave the Night's Watch without being an oathbreaker.

That's it.
>>
>>69724598
idk, i'd say uninteruppted determination would actually be the shit writing here

people are just giving new got too much shit because its not super close to the book anymore
>>
>>69726514
He does not use word to write his shit moron
>>
>>69724809
If some supreme being or otherworldy entities knew he was going to be brought back, then they may have spared him life-after-death experience.

Jon seeing and experiencing nothing when he was physically dead means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>69725103
It wasn't winter until like A Feast for Crows and those wights or whatever move really slow, you donut.
>>
>>69725261
>Havent read the books
Get out. Never speak to me or my son's wife ever again.
>>
>>69724527
>he leaves the wall
>he's still there in the following episode
wat. Why? I mean, I know why but it's fucking stupid. Besides, if Sonsa had just missed him it'd be much more interesting. Then they could've had a montage of John walking from castle to castle realizing the north is fucked and that he should've stayed put with Brian and Podracer following him to the sound of yakety sax.
>>
File: 1446799819783.jpg (44 KB, 563x330) Image search: [Google]
1446799819783.jpg
44 KB, 563x330
>>69724527
Reminder that Fat man has already finished both his books. He is just waiting for this shit show to end.
>>
>>69726584
What the fuck else would he use, dimwit?
>>
>>69726584
Kill yourself.
>>
>>69726274
>it's common for people that have scars to have been resurrected from death itself

Lol ok
>>
>>69726561
yes but nobody had any motivation to revive him.
That's the theme of this season.
They do shit just to do it.
>>
>>69724839

she was freebleeding the whole time in there
>>
>>69724527
Didn't Ramsay specifically say in the letter if Jon doesn't come he will go to the wall and slaughter them?

Or did you selectively not pay attention?

Jon can march south and try and make a decent stand to defend castle black, or let Ramsay completely fuck over everything.
>>
Eh so, Jon and Cansa walks to Ramsay and say hi and ask him to give back Winterfell?
>>
>>69727246
You're so retarded. The latter came AFTER Jon's already constant whining to Edd and Double Chin Sansa.
>>
Why isn't there much outcry against how awful Dany is? Even the adorable Rey gets a fuckload of internet backlash.
>>
>>69727868
because instead of getting upset people take advantage of the dany scenes to go have a wee or brew up or do other sensible things
>>
>>69724621
Yeah now Jon is joking around with Sansa
>>
Did Jon even tell Sansa that he died and left the Night's Watch or just the reason he left the Night's Watch? I'd imagine that's a scene I'd like to watch.
>>
>>69724809
If there's nothing after death shouldn't he value life even more then? Shouldn't he try to fight for it even harder instead of going, 'eh, fuck it'?
>>
>>69725154
>This series sounds like dog shit now. Thank fuck I stopped watching it after the dumpster first season.
>Lists a bunch of Season 5 and 6 scenes
>>
File: 1462584011687.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1462584011687.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>69728397
>>
>>69728224
They had it cut since neither Jon nor Sansa can act.
>>
>>69724527
No.

Out of character is doing something that goes against everything a character stands for with no logic behind it.

There is very simple logic behind this: Jon is fucking tired.
>>
>>69724732
Calling it shitty writing doesn't make it shitty, it makes you a poor arguer.
>>
File: 1461092979943.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461092979943.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
What's Baelish doing now? I don't follow his story? He's trying to get Sansa back using that little crazy kid? What's his long term goal (for his self interest)?
>>
>>69726592
>die
>sees there's nothing after you die
>it means nothing
Uh wat?
>>
>>69726140
Hol up, is that Secret Journey or whatever it's called by Po-Ju?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.