[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the movie The Fall not talked about more? I just saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 447x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 447x720
How is the movie The Fall not talked about more?

I just saw it, that was one the best films I've ever seen. Truly beautiful and incredibly well-made.
>>
>>69716734
I knew about this film from a while ago, and just recently was made aware of it again, so I downloaded it recently.
Gonna watch it soon
>>
>>69717138
It's well worth the watch my friend.

Easily the best visuals I've ever seen in a film. It's a real masterpiece.
>>
Tarsem said that while he was prepping the movie he ended up taking shitty jobs to direct commercials around the world only to go out and do location scouting on his free time. It really paid off desu
>>
In my top 5 favourite movies. One of the only movies to make me well up, the scene with the little girl telling the guy to wake up, the actor actually thought something was wrong. Visuals are great too.
>>
Because aside from a few pretty dissolves and some cool costumes the film is completely average.
>>
I'd go gay for Lee Pace. No homo.
>>
>>69717396
Go be negative somewhere else.
>>
>>69716734
I felt the same way when I first found out about it and saw it.

It was mostly self-funded and didn't get the best reviews (believe it or not) so most people don't know about it.
>>
>>69717218
How does it compare to Samsara?
>>
File: IfeelNothing.gif (4 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IfeelNothing.gif
4 MB, 640x360
>>69716734
/tv/ plebs call it pretentious on the regular, that's why.
>Not noticing all the references to early film-making pre-Hugo.
>YWN deconstruct narrative archetypes with parallels to a failed romance as a suicidal stunt-man.
>>
>>69717490

Not that guy but saying a film has some cool points and then calling it average isn't being negative senpai.
>>
OP you must be 18 years old to post here
>>
>>69717396
I don't know, I thought it was brilliant. The way the story is shot from the perspective of the little girl's imagination, the way parts of reality is integrated into the surrealness of the story's imagery, and the way it serves as a metaphor for the stunt man's situation in life was executed perfectly. That on top of great acting, a fantastic period setting and the aforementioned visuals reall made it stand out to me.

Oh, and I welled up when the little girl told Roy Walker she loved him and that she didn't want him to die.
>>
>>69717472
He makes me feel completely inferior
>>
>>69717846
Are you a writer anon? That was a nicely written post.
>>
It's pretty but it's so shallow. Poor Tarsem peaked with The Cell.
>>
>>69716734

The Fall looks great, they shot at great locations, but the film itself is fucking retarded.

Saying that the story was told to a child (a very fat ugly child) is no excuse.
>>
>>69717669

The Fall was shot in over 20 countries. Baraka was shot in 25 countries.

The Fall has great visuals and a stupid story.

Samsara is a non-narrative documentary with great visuals and no story and no narration. Although with the editing and music, the film arguably has a message.
>>
>>69718422
>Samsara was shot in 25 countries.
FTFY
>>
>>69718422
How was it a stupid story? It was a story a suicidal stuntman in the hospital told a little girl to trick her into bringing him pills, and was a metaphor for his life
>>
>>69717396
Totally agree. It was an incredibly scatterbrained Secondhand Lions with better locations, but worse everything else. It was a passion project for sure, but the writing and production were just too disjointed imo.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.