[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I imagine everyone who sings praises of this show, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bojack.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bojack.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
I imagine everyone who sings praises of this show, especially those who laud how 'depressing' it is, fail to realize that Bojack is just an insipid knock-off of Dostoevsky's Underground Man.

Why would you ever watch this when Dostoevsky already did it 1000x better?
>>
Bojack Horseman is literally Plebbit: The animated series.
>>
The first season was really hard to get into. The second I couldn't even bring myself to get through the first episode. It started off as depressed horse dude does dumb shit as a washed up drunk. Which was fine. But it quickly turned into some awkward forced relationship shit and it killed any semblance of originality the show had.
>>
>>69714332

The world is full of dummies who know shit about literature so when a show tries to have even the littlest bit of depth to it, it's the greatest work of art to them.
>>
>>69714542
So you're saying all I need to do to make a critically acclaimed TV show is rehash concepts explored by classic authors inbetween flippant gags?
>>
Why are always the people who don't like it that starts Bojack threads?
>>
>>69714332
Probably a coincidence, nothing is new under the sun, etc.
For example you could also argue Birdman shares similar themes as well.
>>
>>69714408

Couldn't be more wrong, but that's ok
>>
File: Lo-Pan_Evil_Smile.png (223 KB, 430x285) Image search: [Google]
Lo-Pan_Evil_Smile.png
223 KB, 430x285
>>69714332

Dossy didn't have a kickin' theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3r2IXuSN1g
>>
>>69714907
Literally, yes.
>>
An adaptation of one of my favorite authors (when I was in high school) with ironic animal puns and fun voice actors? What's not to love?

I unironically love Bojoack.
>>
>>69715684
There's no need to lie. You weren't reading Dostoevsky in highschool.
>>
>>69715738
Holy shit, what kind of pleb are you?
>>
>>69714332
>character is an insipid fuckstain who pisses away money and goodwill to fuel his weak, fractured ego
If I wanted to watch a show about myself I'd get a webcam.
>>
>>69715738

>crime and punishment wasn't assigned reading in his school
>he didn't read notes from underground when he went through his existentialism phase
>>
>>69715738
>>69715915
>posturing
>>
>>69714332

Dostoevsky isn't as funny.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.