[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And then she still went public...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 750x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 750x801
And then she still went public...
>>
File: US-actor-Penn-001.jpg (793 KB, 3000x2139) Image search: [Google]
US-actor-Penn-001.jpg
793 KB, 3000x2139
>>69704761
Yeah but...but...uh...stop being a misogynist, anon
>>
Idk, but she had better news, right?
>>
>>69704761
>gibs me dat
>>
>>69704761
surely they'll kill off this slut now
>>
>>69704761
and she still went public?

>women
>>
>trusting bitches
>>
Equal pay as who? Spacey? I'm sure this is going to turn into a stupid gender dispute despite the fact that I doubt anyone gets paid as much as Spacey on the show.
>>
I only saw the first two seasons, she was exceptional in both of them, but this kind of PR shit seems really petty.
>>
File: house of cards.jpg (41 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
house of cards.jpg
41 KB, 620x372
>>69704945
>Equal pay as who? Spacey?
Yes. Spacey.
>Robin Wright has described how she had to fight to be paid the same amount as co-star Kevin Spacey on the hit Netflix drama House of Cards.

>In a move that would have made Claire Underwood proud, Wright told an audience at the Rockefeller Foundation in New York that she had to threaten studio bosses with going public unless they agreed to equal pay – which they did.

>“It was the perfect paradigm. There are very few films or TV shows where the male, the patriarch, and the matriarch are equal. And they are in House of Cards,” Wright said, according to a report by the Huffington Post.

>“I was like: ‘I want to be paid the same as Kevin.’”

>In the hugely popular political thriller, Wright plays steely first lady Claire Underwood, the wife and co-conspirator of President Frank Underwood, played by Spacey.

>Wright has appeared in all 52 episodes of House of Cards and directed several. Both she and Spacey are listed as executive directors of the series’ fifth season.
>>
>wants equal pay claiming its misogynistic
>complaining that shes not getting paid the same as kevin fucking spacey, a guy who has a best actor and best supporting actor academy award
>the state of fucking women
>>
I wish Claire got killed off, she's ruined this show.
>>
>every season gets worse because of her
>give her raise
>>
>>69704761
>some dumb side character wants to get paid as much as the main character
>the main character being Kevin Spacey
>the side character some no name woman who's name I didn't know before that image
>MUH GENDER

holy shit
>>
>>69705023
>audience at the Rockefeller Foundation
hhhehhhehhhehhehe
>>
>>69704761
>how to commit employment suicide
Teach me your ways Robin Wright
>>
>>69705023
Good for her then. She doesn't talk about gender equality or anything, she just says that she, herself, wants to be paid as much as Spacey because she feels she deserves it.

It's not like she said that all women on the show should be paid the same as every male actor with similar screen time.

Why would people be upset about this?
>>
>woman actually uses some balls to negotiate a good contact for once
>goes public with this for extra attention
>this makes national news headlines
>>
>>69705100
While I agree that she is not as big as Spacey, she's hardly a "some side character" in the show.
>>
ARREST GAME OF THRONES FOR MISSOGNY
>>
I wonder what the result would be if the male co-stars on Scandal demanded to be paid as much as Kerry Washington
>>
>>69705143
He's an Oscar winner and she isn't
>>
>>69704761
Why would a side character get paid as much as the main character of the show? And they turn it into a gender thing...so retarded.
>>
>>69704761
>Finally, after all these years, I've become House of Cards
>>
>>69704945
>>69705023
This is fucking stupid. I know who Kevin Spacey is and I know he is the star of House of Cards even though I've never even seen it. I've never even seen or heard of Robin Wright, let alone know she was in the show. This is a stupid as Emma Watson whining about not making as much as Radcliffe who played Harry Potter in a HARRY POTTER movie. No shit she didn't make as much and neither did Rupert Grint.
>>
>>69705204
To be fair, they're both main characters in the show.
>>
>>69705143
Because she threatened to go public then did it anyway

>gibs money or I'll sic the SJW's on you
She's not milking the gender thing but she's still abusing it.
>>
>>69705202
So? If she has the balls to negotiate aggressively, leveraging her character's importance to the show, good for her.
>>
>>69705206
I hate myself for laughing at this
>>
>>69705215
She didnt really complain like that she was the highest paid actress in 2009 she made bank on the last three films and should have bc hermione was a main character second to harry and she had morr screentime than ron
>>
>>69705236
To be fair, one is objectively more important than the other and is the face of the show that even people who don't watch it recognize and is played by an actor who all of America knows.
>>
>>69704761
She's the reason I stopped watching HoC in the first place, so it's only fitting that she be the reason HoC gets cancelled
>>
here's the thing love,
you get paid what you're worth.
kevin spacey is one of the greatest actors living.
you are jennayy.
>>
>minimum effort
>maximum pay

Must be nice living on easy mode.
>>
>>69704862
The show is over due for a political assassination and it would be too obvious for it to happen to frank
>>
>>69705215
She played a gambit and it payed off, relax. Happens in the real world all the time, otherwise most of the time you won't get a raise at your job.
>>
>>69705252
Reading the rest of her interview, it seems like it's just cutthroat celebrity stuff. She even says that she hadn't been working as much with her family in the way and now she's making a kind of comeback with this role and she doesn't want to be seen as a B actor and needs to beef up her salary bracket, so she's gouging producers for as much money as she can get.

I honestly think it's kind of admirable of her.
>>
>>69705386
They already had an attempted assassination last season

Surely they won't try it again...right?
>>
again another thread with a bunch of kids who aren't aware of how business works. she used all the leverage she can to make some bank and people here criticize her for it.

answer me this everyone: if you were in her position - to negotiate for more pay - wouldn't you do the same? the fact that the company capitulated means she's one hell of a negotiator. good for her.
>>
Can we all just admit that you would be stupid not to play the "equal pay" card if you are a women in a position of relative stability?

Any actress that doesn't is basically throwing away free money.
>>
>>69705431
So has her agent officially made her Kevin Spacey tier?
>>
>>69705446
Oh yea I forgot about that . That shows how much I care
>>
>>69704761
Is this another reddit safe space board?
>>
>>69705460
this thread isn't even about that

she's a cunt for threatening them to go public and then still went public after she got what she wanted

they could kill that whore off this season
>>
>>69705460
It's really the fact that she bragged about it for some "you go girl!"s afterwards that's the problem.
>>
Wonder what her reaction would be if they kill her off
>>
>>69705504
I don't think so. I think the last thing the majority of actresses want is for people to start looking critically at their worth. This whole 'pay equality in acting' shtick is about feelings, not performances, not quality, just entitlement and rhetoric.
>>
>>69705585

Hopefully imitation
>>
>>69705023
I literally still don't know who she is and couldn't point to a single other thing she has ever been in.

I watched HoC because Spacey was in it.
>>
>>69704761
Let's play a game of spot the redditor

Ctrl+F = good for her
>>
I stopped watching because of her. When will they realize people hate wife character in edgy male dramas? Was Skylar paid the same as Cranston too? Carmela the same as Gandolfini? They should be paid less and be thankful they even get a job.
>>
>>69705789
salary is not linked to characters popularity

infact they should be paid for for coping with the death threats and bullying them get off screen
>>
>>69705574
okay, i get it. but you have to realize the reason they don't kill her off is because her character is extremely popular with women - like she said, at one point even more popular than Frank Underwood among the entire demos spectrum - who make up a large portion of viewers.

however, i hear you. going public with it does feel like she's rubbing it in the face of the producers she out-negotiated and may even backfire in the long run. then again, she'll be rich so she wins anyway.

another thing, not calling anyone here misogynistic - i already did that in the previous thread - but if it were a man who did the same, would a lot of you guys not be praising him for his keen negotiating skills? i would. same as i praise her.
>>
>>69704761
why did the retard sign for less than she thought she was worth? and then continue to bitch about it?
if the studio initially paid her the most and then was somehow forced into equalizing the pay, i bet she'd be kicking and screaming.(not much of a stretch to assume this, as money is very important to people)
>>
>>69705460
>threaten business you'll try to publicly embarrass them
>business gives her what she wants
>publicly embarrasses them anyway
Congrats on burning high ups at fucking Netflix of all places. Hope that extra few million is worth the billionaires in Hollywood not wanting to work with your lying ass
>>
>>69705933
I would probably make fun of him just like I did when Terrence Howard tried to get Marvel to pay him as much as RDJ.
>>
>>69705162
This this this

She had them by the balls and took what she could get out of them.

If feminists want that pay gap closed then getting women some skills in actual negotiation is the winning strategy
>>
>Hollywood resident using public opinion appeal for entirely private gain

Equality's an ugly beast.
>>
>>69705933
I'd insult him for being a delusional retard.

Her character could be killed off in the next episode and other than few irrelevant dykes nobody would care. If Spacey's character dies ratings tank and the show gets cancelled.
>>
>take spacey's pay
>divide by the number of spacey's lines
>pay robin wright the same amount per line

problem solved
>>
>>69706142
little bit of a difference there, mate. she got the dough. Howard went batshit crazy.

anyways, i'm tired of arguing the points, which are basically, she successfully used her leverage and negotiated a bigger bank but should have probably shut the fuck up about it. we'll see how it pays off in the long term, but for now she's the one raking in $9 mil per season.
>>
>>69706152
>If feminists want that pay gap closed then getting women some skills in actual negotiation is the winning strategy
that gap doesn't exist
>>
She did great, she played the game and got more money, I don't see a problem here, too bad she had balls the showrunners couldn't handle.
>>
knew there was a reason i abandoned this show a while back
>>
>>69705206
>>69705138
Why am I laughing goddamn

I need to sleep
>>
Wouldn't it be funny if spacey demanded a huge raise and made it public
>>
>>69706331
okay, one last point that some of you don't seem to get. if the execs are willing to pay her that much money, it means she's worth it to the show. how is that? possibly due to a majority of the audience of HoC being professional women and that's a demographic worth considering when it comes to changing or altering key components of your product.

you know what, forget it, i'm done. i can't argue or educate kids all day. over and out.
>>
>>69706492
they literally cannot make the show without him
>>
How long until Robin Wright's character is killed off so they don't have to work with her?
>>
>more valuable people are paid more

Shock of the fucking century.
>>
>>69705680
She was Jenny in Forrest Gump >>69704761
>>
>>69706390
>Character goes into a coma
>Actor's house reposessed
>>
>>69705680
The princess in Princess Bride
>>
>>69706519
Kill yourself slut.
>>
But it's equal pay.......... for equal work
>>
>>69706519
you are retarded.
She threatened him fucking idiot. That is a huge difference. They don't think she is worth that much, but if she went public and bitched about the show/reveled secrets than they would get fucked.

Do you not understand what "threatened" means?
All of your points have been fucking awful and refuted.
>>
>rich people are greedy cunts
never saw that coming
>>
>>69706519
Women will continue watching the show as long as it's popular. They shouldn't be catered to.
>>
>>69704761
Anyone who responds to this about SJW and gender has been corrupted and influenced so hard that they've already lost.

Its a pay dispute thats turned into 'news' cause all you fuckers take the bait. Every damn time.
>>
>>69706635
the second part is so easy to forget
>>
>inb4 they kill her character in the 3rd or 4th episode
>>
>>69706519
>I don't have to argue with you, ur dumb, see ya
nice m8, you won
>>
>>69704761
>I, fucking nobody, deserve to be payed exactly as much for my supporting role as double Oscar winner Kevin Spacey does for his lead role.
This is what feminism has done to us.
>>
>trying to outjew the Hollywood Jews

Surely this can only end well
>>
I hope they fire her and have her character killed off in an attack using a body double.
>>
>Hey Do you want job?
>Yes!
>We'll pay you X
>Okay sounds great!
>FInd out later someone else gets paid Y
>Get mad because you get paid X when you agreed.

Humans deserve all the bad things that happent o them.
>>
>>69707197
Jesus told a parable literally exactly like that.
>>
>>69706749
I think you triggered him into breakdown.
>>
>>69705023
>>“I was like: ‘I want to be paid the same as Kevin.’”
>Ok,Robin, explain us why you think you deserve a raise
>well i'm a WOMAN, so i DESERVE to be threated just like the main star of this show and the guy that brought all the views
>>
KILL

HER

OFF
>>
>>69707197
Women aren't human.
>>
>get paid exorbitant amounts of money to play make believe
>get mad when someone else makes more
>>
File: picgifs-disgust-7088633.gif (1 MB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
picgifs-disgust-7088633.gif
1 MB, 320x181
>another delusional actress thinks she deserves to be paid as much as the more famous male lead
>threatens to make a stink if the studio doesn't give her what she wants
>makes a stink anyway
What an insufferable time to be alive.
>>
Replace her with a Transgender.

Gotta play to win.
>>
>>69705023
>nobody has ever heard of me but i want the same pay as the super star who brought in all our viewers and gave the project credibility, and i will do so under the guise of gender equality.
>>
File: 1459022583840.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459022583840.png
230 KB, 640x360
>can name half a dozen Kevin Spacey movies off the top of my head
>can't name a single thing Robin Wright's done after thinking about it for a couple minutes
>the latter thinks she deserves equal pay to the former
No wonder Sean Penn beat the shit out of her.
>>
>>69705023
>co-star

That rather undersells Spacey. The US version of the show literally wouldn't exist without him. He is the reason it was greenlit. Her threat is also weird. She threatened to make public the knowledge that she makes less than Spacey? Wouldn't the public already know or expect that? He's one of the greatest american actors of his generation.
>>
>>69704761
>doesn't get payed as much as Kevin fucking Spacy
>bitches about misogyny
>>
>>69704947
>>69704761
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the producers leaked this, not her.

They must know it leaves a bad taste in the publics mouth when rich celebs demand more money so why not ruin their reputation every time they demand more money?

In all honesty neither party should be able to be public about this kind of thing, should be a clause in their contract.
>>
File: jFQx19D.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jFQx19D.gif
2 MB, 200x200
because she totally draws as many people to watch it as spacey and clearly is as skilled as he is at acting
>>
>>69705257
Yeah but she went public with it anyway. These deals happen every day in Hollywood and are unheard of. Clearly she couldn't stand for the public to not know about her contract wranglings.
>>
>wants equal pay
>cant even dunk
>>
>>69707764
Princess Bride and Forest Gump are timeless but were hardly successful because of Wright.
>>
>>69705299
Oh fuck off.

You said it yourself, "main character after Harry" yet demanded the same pay because "misogyny". The idiotic thing is she could have argued she's just as important as Harry because she brings in a big percentage of female viewers (I don't know if that true), argue how important she is to the profits rather than screen time( because screen time doesn't matter), but instead she went with the "you're all misogynist!!" And looks like an idiot because of that.
>>
>>69707930
>she threatens to go public if they don't cave to her commands
>they cave, obviously not wanting it to go public

Then they go public? I don't think so.
>>
File: 1460927986355.jpg (26 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1460927986355.jpg
26 KB, 495x495
>>69704761

>yfw they give her equal pay but half the episode count
>>
>>69707943
Bullshit, Spacey was the reason people even started watching
>>
>>69705431
>and she doesn't want to be seen as a B actor
which is exactly what she is. dumb bitch should learn her limits
>>
File: aut.jpg (207 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
aut.jpg
207 KB, 640x482
>>69708310
>>
>>69706649
That's negotiating retard, that's how it works "give me X or ill Y".

But going public anyway will kill her credibility with execs in the future. It was a stupid movie. She got lucky getting a raise since spacey is far bigger than her and she honestly doesn't deserve as much as him even if she does the same amount of work, since he's a draw in of himself.
>>
>>69705049
Essentially the same thing that Jessica Chastain said recently when she mentioned pay from the Martian
>>
>>69705162
>>69706152
Here's the thing- when you have someone by the balls, and you say, "Give me what I want or a squeeze," and they give you what you want, it's bad form to squeeze anyways.

If she'd just been satisfied, and this news had come out some other way, I'd be happy. But she didn't keep up her end of the bargain (to the spirit if not the letter), so it's a dick move.
>>
>>69708286
or just strait up kill her off
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2NjQyNzcyNDkx.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2NjQyNzcyNDkx.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>next season they replace her with Eric Roberts
>no changes in dialog, no one acknowledges it's now a man playing the part
>just Eric Roberts is now Claire Underwood
>>
>>69705504
No. I would never say to my boss, "I need as much money as Harry gets because I'm brown, and I'll tell everyone it's racist that you're paying me less," because Harry has been working his ass off for years to get to where he is.

I want actual equality and the chance to prove myself, I don't want to threaten people with public disgrace because I don't like the position I have put myself in career-wise. Wright is a good actress, but not as good at acting as Kevin Spacey, and he's a lot more famous. She deserves a good level of pay, but not the same.
>>
>>69708439
Anon you are the retard here for two reasons.
First, I never said threatening isn't part of negotiation.
The idea that is being contested is that she is getting payed what the studio thinks she is worth.

She did not say "give me x or I'll stop giving you y." She said "give me x or I will hurt your company's brand."
She is not leveraging her acting skill or star power she is leveraging outrage.

Second, even if she didn't go public, companies trade information about actors all the time. Its not as bad going public but trust me they trade information and they would definitely mention that.
>>
>>69705257
>So? If she has the balls to negotiate aggressively, leveraging her character's importance to the show, good for her.
OK! I will give you that. Thats was essentially the argument that actresses weren't showing initiative in the first place. In fact Jennifer Lawrence said it such.
>>
>>69708171
>Princess Bride and Forest Gump
I didn't even realize that was the same chick, let alone know either of those characters were played by Robin Wright. Goes to show how relevant she is.
>>
File: Give It To Me.gif (509 KB, 380x177) Image search: [Google]
Give It To Me.gif
509 KB, 380x177
>>69707347
Explain? I don't know that one.
>>
In what fucking world does she deserve equal pay to Spacey?
Liberals are insane
>>
>woman thinks she deserves better pay
>negotiates and receives better pay

Fucking tremendous. That is exactly what every person should do. Now, if more woman would do this rather than just complaining about some fictional wage gap, everyone would be happier.
>>
>>69709037
Matthew 20:1-16
>“For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius[a] a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 and to them he said, ‘You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.’ 5 So they went. Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing. And he said to them, ‘Why do you stand here idle all day?’ 7 They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You go into the vineyard too.’ 8 And when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.’ 9 And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius. 10 Now when those hired first came, they thought they would receive more, but each of them also received a denarius. 11 And on receiving it they grumbled at the master of the house, 12 saying, ‘These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.’ 13 But he replied to one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what belongs to you and go. I choose to give to this last worker as I give to you. 15 Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?’[b] 16 So the last will be first, and the first last.”
>>
File: Hey You, Good Job.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
Hey You, Good Job.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>>69709113
Thanks. I'd forgotten that one, which is a shame because it's a good parable.
>>
File: Batemandisgust.jpg (13 KB, 377x301) Image search: [Google]
Batemandisgust.jpg
13 KB, 377x301
>throws temper tantrum because someone else got payed more millions to play make believe than you
Actors have the mental capacity of fucking children.
>>
>>69705206
Kek
>>
Kevin spacey is apparently quite not so unlike frank in house of cards. Apparently he is gay and a psychopath according to people.
>>
What does going public mean?
>>
File: adolph.jpg (553 KB, 1632x830) Image search: [Google]
adolph.jpg
553 KB, 1632x830
>>69708736
>no changes in dialog, no one acknowledges it's now a man playing the part

This would be very progressive.
>>
>>69704761
Is this show worth watching?
>>
>>69709680
I knew it said "adolf" upside down
>>
>>69705165
I literally never heard of the actress before these news
>>
File: Contempt For Pleb.png (67 KB, 157x210) Image search: [Google]
Contempt For Pleb.png
67 KB, 157x210
>>69710382
I don't understand why people say this. She's won Golden Globes and SAG Awards, she was in classic movies like Princess Bride and Forrest Gump, and though she's not had the awesome career of Spacey she's been working pretty steadily for about 30 years, including the last few years when she's been doing pretty damn well on House of Cards as a main character, a well-reviewed and widely watched show.

Nobody gives a fuck if you're ignorant. Take 10 seconds and educate yourself.
>>
>>69710648
>she was in classic movies like Princess Bride and Forrest Gump
She was an annoying side character in both and both roles could have been played by any half way attractive female.

Nobody remembers the name of random female sidekicks in NCIS either and she's at the same tier of relevance.
>>
feminism strikes again
>>
>>69709855
first season is a 9/10. comfy as fuck.

rest are meh

there are some qt's tho
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 640x399
Next time baby
>>
>>69704761

The show would be shit without Spacey.

Robin Penn could literally be any one of hundreds of different women and the show would be the exact same.
>>
>>69711368
>payed

Are misogynists really this stupid?
>>
>>69704761
She's in the Wonder Woman movie. Her career is fucked after that and rightly so.
>>
File: pls.jpg (20 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
20 KB, 500x313
>>69709211
Too bad the reasoning you used only proves you're a child.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with utilizing every tool available to negotiate better pay for yourself.
>>
>>69708966
>Jennifer Lawrence said it as such
She did but then blamed men in pretty much the same breath
>I don’t think I’m the only woman with this issue… Could there still be a lingering habit of trying to express our opinions in a certain way that doesn’t ‘offend’ or ‘scare’ men?
>>
File: the-congress.jpg (356 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the-congress.jpg
356 KB, 1280x720
>>69705023
In Hollywood you're not paid for the role you play or how much you work, but for how bankable you are.
It's not uncommon for people in minor roles to be better paid than the movie/show's nominal stars.

Gotta say though, can't blame her for making a power play, even if she used specious arguments to achieve it. Makes sense that she'd want to get paid, and she did.

>>69705680
What the other anons say and The Congress, where she plays a washed-up (heh) version of herself that gets virtualized for money.
It's a watchable movie at least for the animated segments, but it's 2deep4me.
>>
>>69704761
I don't watch the show for her.
>>
>>69710913
You are a moron man, she was married to Hollywood royalty in Sean Penn and had great movie roles, she is as famous as Spacey, but of course not even close to as famous as his voice which is in Age of Ultron but still. She deserves equal pay because she DOES equal work, people would miss her scenes in the latest season very badly. She was key to the whole plot.
>>
File: 1422838158980.png (536 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
1422838158980.png
536 KB, 800x444
>a supporting character gets paid as much as the star
>>
File: 355pt5.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
355pt5.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>69705023
>co-star
>>
>>69713512
>she is as famous as Spacey

You can't be this delusional.
>>
>>69713512
You're confusing Spacey and Spader, dummy.
And no she's not as famous as Spacey, but more famous than /tv/ thinks.
>>
>>69708388
Most likely
>>
The pay gap exists

This is proof
>>
File: 1460461307710.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1460461307710.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>69710648
>a nobody that has worked steadily for years that didn't even have the leading role in 2 classic movies made ages ago deserves as much money as a more renowned and marketable actor that pulls in way more people to see whatever he's in

Did you forget the movies Spacey has been in?
>>
>>69714200
>The pay gap exists
>This is proof

Of course there exists a gap. There's a gap between 2 co-workers in terms of pay. It's about how well you can negotiate.
>>
>>69704761
Well, looks like they're going to kill off her character next season.
>>
>>69705023
She doesn't deserve equal pay though. Unlike Spacey, she had no hand in the creative process of the series. He actually works hard to earn his money other than just reading lines.
>>
Jesus, these celebrities are taking method acting too far.
>>
>>69714200
Of course it exists, but it has NOTHING to do with sexism.

Feminists have to admit one of two things:
1) Women are too stupid to recognize when they're being taken advantage of.
2) Women are inherently incapable of competing with men at the same level.

Can't be a victim and equal at the same time.
>>
>>69704761
>Roadie/sound engineer asks for same pay Paul McCartney
>Hey man you need me, without me you wouldn't be able to do your gigs
>People obviously agree with the roadie because you go to Paul's shows cause that roadie/sound engineer work is outstanding.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.