[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robin Wright Threatened to Go Public If She Didn't Get Equal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: PrincessBride_020Pyxurz.jpg (108 KB, 1600x871) Image search: [Google]
PrincessBride_020Pyxurz.jpg
108 KB, 1600x871
>House of Cards' Robin Wright says she recently had to fight for the same pay as her co-star Kevin Spacey.
>"I was looking at the statistics and Claire Underwood's character was more popular than [Frank's] for a period of time. So I capitalized on it. I was like, 'You better pay me or I’m going to go public,'" Wright said. "And they did."
>Spacey was reportedly getting paid $9 million for the third season of House of Cards, and according to Forbes, Wright received around $5.5 million that same year. Wright's character had a much larger part in the foreground of season four.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-wright-threatened-go-public-895270

She's literally second fiddle but the production probably didn't want be labeled as misogynist top kek what a bunch of betas.
>>
>>69704156
Maybe it made sense for the earlier seasons but her part was pretty huge this season.
>>
Good for her
>>
>>69704258
>>>/r/eddit
>>
I guess Sean Penn didn't knock enough sense into her
>>
>>69704156
christ they get paid that much?
>>
I mean she was pretty important in S4?

If you want to make more money you talk with your employer and work on something. How is this a news story? Because she "threatened" them? Please.
>>
File: -1x-1.jpg (85 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
85 KB, 600x903
I blame Jennifer Whorance for women getting so uppity.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with this. It's called negotiation and she did it well.
>>
>>69704232
Actors aren't paid based on how big their part is, you stupid fucking spetznaz.
>>
>>69704156
Go public on what? She obviously didn't keep shit under wrap since here she is talking about it.
>>
>>69704156
>demands to be paid more or she will tell people she doesnt get paid enough
>she gets paid more
>tells people she doesn't get paid enough

Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from an institution, through coercion.

I'd drop a piano on her fucking character after a rape scene.
>>
>>69704156
>"OH NO I DONT GET PAID MORE THAN A MAIN CHARACTER AND I'M ONLY A MINOR ONE BUT I STILL MAKE MILLIONS GIVE ME MORE MONEY"

And i'm sitting in my house dead broke about to be evicted. Fuck this whore, fuck her.
>>
>I was going to go public if they didn't do what I asked
>So they did what I asked
>And now I'm going public
>>
>>69704156
>or I’m going to go public
So she knows about bad shit happening, but she agrees to get publicly bribed?
>>
>>69704451
Should've went to acting school anon.
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>69704156
>the moment when society becomes something you want little to do with
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 600x338
Well.. To be fair, Robin Wright's star power compared to based Spacey didn't warrant the same pay.. Spacey really carries the show... However in light of the fact that she's become almost as prominent as Frank and in some circles is the more based character (I prefer her to Frank now desu)....I'm ok with her demanding more money. She's proven her worth.
>>
File: 1463459911705.jpg (198 KB, 1400x934) Image search: [Google]
1463459911705.jpg
198 KB, 1400x934
>better pay me more or I go public
>get paid more
>go public
how does this work?
>>
File: 4230880-3x2-940x627.jpg (120 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
4230880-3x2-940x627.jpg
120 KB, 940x627
>$9 million
>not even on real television
>$9 fucking million
>>
What the fuck does "go public" mean?

It sounds like she went public anyway.
>>
she going public with her privates?
>>
>>69704156
She negotiated. That's how it works. Good for her. More women should learn how to strap on balls if they want better pay. She did it the right way.
>>
File: 1449775586708.jpg (17 KB, 310x303) Image search: [Google]
1449775586708.jpg
17 KB, 310x303
>>69704156
It's almost like Spacey is the draw and not some fucking whore
>>
she hates LGBT-people!
>>
>not equal
>demand equal pay

This shit is confusing.
>>
Amazing, all that money for this trash.
>>
File: 1459098019950.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459098019950.png
7 KB, 420x420
>women don't make the same as men
>well, they don't negotiate so how can you expect them to
>woman negotiates
>FUCKING SLUT REEEEEEEE

Every time.
>>
I don't know why this would upset anyone?
>>
>>69705194
it's an issue of
>women pretending they are smart
>>
Sean Penn should have beat this fugly dyke twice as hard.
>>
>>69705194
>blackmailing
>negotiating
ok bud
>>
>>69705405

How is blackmailing not negotiating?

You expect her to play by some sort of arbitrary rules?
>>
>>69705194
>it's a tumblrwhale tells misogynists to ''fuck off back to /r9k/" episode
>>
>>69704156
I don't even know who this cunt is and Kevin Spacey has been in like 10 of the IMDb top 100
>>
>>69704447
10000% this. Kill her off next season. It should be an embarrassing off-screen death.
>>
How dare a woman renegotiate her contract
>>
She probably walked out the meeting thinking 'holy shit how did that work'

I mean JLaw hasn't exactly ingratiated herself with the public with that tantrum she pulled by boasting about her massive wealth while bemoaning one gig that she neglected to negotiate on as 'muh wage gap'

Good on her i guess
>>
>>69704156

This is just contract negotiation, but why would unemployed neet /tv/ understand that concept

Her popularity goes up, her role becomes larger in the show, she can leverage the publicity of equal pay for women. Why wouldn't she negotiate?
>>
> Claire Underwood's character was more popular than [Frank's] for a period of time
>>
File: 1425339805207.jpg (192 KB, 879x1024) Image search: [Google]
1425339805207.jpg
192 KB, 879x1024
>>69704156
Average person knows who Kevin Spacey is by name.

Average person does not know who Robin Wright is by name.

No one has ever uttered the line, "Hey, I should watch that House of Cards show everyone is talking about. I heard it has Robin Wright in it."
>>
>>69705589
I have no issue with her negotiation. Good for her for getting paid. What's shitty and what the non-white knight autists are complaining about is that she followed through with her threat even though she did in fact get paid.
>>
>>69704156
>looking at the statistics and Claire Underwood's character was more popular than [Frank's] for a period of time

So because she was posted more on tumblr she deserves the same amount as the lead actor?
>>
File: this.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>69704446
>>69704509
>>69704530
>>69704565
>>69704613
>>69704701
>>
>>69704156
Let's play a game of spot the redditor

Ctrl+F = good for her
>>
>>69704156
kikes are now reaping what they sowed
>>
>>69704399
this

actors are payed on name and how good a contract their agents negotiated

she's a dumb whore that doesn't deserve to work again
>>
Kevin should threaten to walk if they dont pay him more. Why should a D lister get equal pay?
>>
>get paid less for secondary role than main star in lead role
>role becomes more important
>ask for more money
>get it

"misogyny"
>>
>an actress literally only known for sean penn's ex wife deserves as much as kevin spacey

Only in Pedowood
>>
>>69704156
>Claire Underwood's character was more popular than [Frank's] for a period of time
When?
>>
>>69705793
>Kevin should threaten to walk if they dont pay him more.

This. There's no way this ugly skank should get paid as much as Spacey. He should get a raise or walk.
>>
Delusional bullshit

Do you know how many dicks I would suck for $5.5 million? And she's complaining that it's not ENOUGH? $5.5 million would pay every debt I have. And I'd still have more than $5.4 million dollars.

Hollywood is deluded.
>>
>>69705643

Yep. She thought too short term. Short term she gets better pay for this gig, long term who is going to hire a woman who 'threatens to go public' but always planned on going public? Contract negotiations happen all the time, someone spinning it to make a political point on all the shitty blogs is drama that the big jews don't want.
>>
>>69705555
She's extorting shit by changing the issue.

She's threatened to out the unequal knowing it'd be seen as her not getting paid as much as Spacey because sexism when the reason is that he's a much more valued character and Spacey is a much bigger name and has more choices in where he can go and roles to accept or reject.

The bitch even understands that's the real reason

>"Because I wasn't working full time, I wasn't building my salary bracket."

>"If you don't build that ... with notoriety and presence, you're not in the game anymore. You become a B-list actor. You're not box office material," she said. "You don't hold the value you would have held if you had done four movies a year like Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett did during the time I was raising my kids. Now I'm kind of on a comeback at 50 years old."

But threatens shit anyway and excuses it with saying she just capitalized on a moment when people liked her character more than his
>>
>>69704156
>HURRR IN ALSO NOT GETTING PAID HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS EVEN THOUGH IM STILL GETTING PAID HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS

meanwhile women in third world countries are killed in public for wearing a skirt or saying no to a man who wants to rape her.

someone needs to hack all TV networks and air the videos out there of women being stoned etc so the fucking dumb cunt feminists of 1st world countries can get a grip on reality
>>
Kevin Spacey is both the star and the main character of this series of course he's getting more money than the supporting cast!!!
>>
>>69704156
Competitive advantage is where you find it

If you're a man, you work really hard for years to become a well regarded actor, win a couple of Oscars, and make the big bucks

If you're a woman, you do a mediocre job until your looks fade, then attach yourself to a man who succeded because he worked hard, demand his money, and threaten to blow up the relationship if you don't get your way
>>
>>69706053
I don't understand the logic here. Just because someone else is worse off or because you have enough money doesn't mean you shouldn't have more money. I mean, it all goes to someone. If your employer doesn't pay you more, they just keep more. Why do you care so much?
>>
she's brave and strong , anyone who disagrees is a misogynist
>>
>>69704156
i wonder how much patty jenkins will have cried to DC and made threats for this bitch and all her shit actor women in Wonder Woman.
>>
You could kill off Claire and I think most people would keep watching. If you killed off Frank though I doubt most people would care about the series anymore.
>>
>>69706197
>I don't understand the logic here
They should be happy with what they have because a public stoning is much more inline with what they deserve.
>>
>>69706411
Sorry Achmed, I didn't mean to trigger you.
>>
>>69704156
>two threads on the front page
>>
Pretty based tbqh.
>>
>>69706490
this one was earlier than the mobile poster one
>>
So she got what she wanted yet went public anyway? Pretty based desu
>>
>>69705194

>comparing asking for a raise in a normal job to an entirely demand-based market

The market values her at 5 million, which is why she was being paid 5.
>>
>>69706927
Clearly it values her at more than that today, friend. :^)
>>
>>69704156
>second banana wants just as much money as the big name main guy despite being a two bit second banana
What has the industry come to?
>>
File: 08LAZER-slide-JOQ8-superJumbo.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
08LAZER-slide-JOQ8-superJumbo.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>69704156
>mfw this was on the national news tonight

People were calling her brave and that shrill cunt from Boyhood an inspiration
>>
>>69704379
Nothing wrong but its pretty below the belt to threaten to call in sjw to rabble rab ble on your behalf
>>
>>69708266
fuck that, when you're negotiating with corps you take all the cheap shots you can get.

they're not humans, and they don't deserve any goddamn mercy.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.