[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how much longer can the capeshit meme last? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Realistically, how much longer can the capeshit meme last? I know there's been comics since the 40's but most aren't worthy of the screen.

Another decade of new comic book movies three times a year? Two decades? Forever?

I understand there's new comics written every day but I don't think comics without some general public awareness will get traction. Comic books haven't gotten any more popular with the movie craze so eventually they have to run out of usable characters and characters right?

Right??????
>>
>>69703698
I give capeshit 5 more years, or at least until Marvel is done with Infinity War.

After that they will begin scrapping the bottom of the barrel or they will start doing reboots.
>>
Quite a long time, likely a couple more generations at minimum. Both DC and Marvel have large fanbases, leading to whatever movies that are put out making substantial amounts of money at the box office. This will continue to be the case until either there's a screwup of epic proportions across the board, or more likely, that the fanbase fails to carry over to a new generation and the medium slowly dies out.
>>
Capeshit will be dead soon. DC is killing the public's image of them with their awful movies.
>>
File: 1370141468785.jpg (150 KB, 799x540) Image search: [Google]
1370141468785.jpg
150 KB, 799x540
>>69703791
>reboots
>new Spiderman, Batman and superman origin stories every 7 years for the rest of my life
>avengers, iron man and deadpool reboots right before I die
>the cycle will continue forever
>>
File: 1461816388708.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461816388708.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>69703901
>the fanbase fails to carry over to a new generation and the medium slowly dies out.

Very very likely. Current capeshit is viewed by 25-40 year olds and little kids. The teenagers and college kids don't give a shit about comic books. They just want extremist sjw Juno sequels and female/trans/amputee reboots of our 80's and 90's classics that they never saw in the first place.
>>
You may as well ask how long "lite beer" will last. As that's basically whats happening. A hollywood studio has figured out they can keep putting asses in seats as long as they don't actively shit on their audience. In the sense a brewery can keep selling a consistent amount of lite beer every year, as long as they don't ship bottles of literal piss for a year, then blame their customers for not buying it.
>>
>>69703698
Trust me, once someone has the balls to produce a sandman movie you'll come to realise not all capeshit is garbage.
>>
>>69704229
>once someone has the balls to produce a [my favorite currently movie-less comic character] movie you'll come to realise not all capeshit is garbage.
>>
>>69704131
that webm truly has everything.

As for capeshit it's as good as dead as soon as Avatar 2 hits the cinema.
>>
First there was only solo capeshit movies, and now they're doing teamup movies with all the superheroes in each movie, just how far can they go with this? What can they show next that will trump every superhero in each movie? And if capeshit ever does die down, something worse will replace it. Society isn't getting any smarter and its taste in entertainment isn't getting any better.
>>
>>69704174
I kind of like your analogy except that lite beer really is piss and beer companies just sell that insanely high profit margin low quality piss water through marketing.

Hollywood actually does have to spend a shitload on the movies due to audience expectation and then spend another shitload on marketing.

Tl-dr: fuck lite beer
>>
>>69704302
Sandman isn't a character you fucking idiot it's a franchise.

If you can't even Google the context of something then don't even bother replying.
>>
>>69703698
Capeshit is only here because the technology needed to tell those stories finally caught up. It's here to stay.
>>
>>69704354
Not true, I love craft beer but lots of people can't stand hops or complex flavors that come with ales, they genuinely prefer light beer or adjunct lagers. Even craft lagers or cream ales don't appeal.
>>
>>69703698

Ben "Hate The Apostate" Affleck
Ben "The Takbir Grenadier" Affleck
Ben "The One Man Taliban" Affleck
Ben "The Maddest Jihadist" Affleck
Ben "Bataclan Master Plan" Affleck
Ben "Death Row for Hebdo" Affleck
Ben "No Flowers for the Twin Towers" Affleck
>>
>>69704883
>>once someone has the balls to produce a [my favorite currently movie-less comic franchise] movie you'll come to realise not all capeshit is garbage.
>>
>>69704354
if by "sell through marketing" you mean "sell a product with a consistent effect" then yes.
>>
File: spring_breakers_skimask_alien.jpg (52 KB, 585x464) Image search: [Google]
spring_breakers_skimask_alien.jpg
52 KB, 585x464
Capeshit Forever!
>>
>>69703698
To be fair, three movies per year is nothing. How many shitty comedies do they make? How many slow-take arthouse films get made each year? Studio used to release more than twenty westerns per year at the peak of their popularity and it went on for decades. It's just the marketing and fanboy attention they receive that is runing everything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.