[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this after hearing about Theroux's documentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: mmt901-flatpack.jpg (363 KB, 1000x1411) Image search: [Google]
mmt901-flatpack.jpg
363 KB, 1000x1411
Just finished this after hearing about Theroux's documentary about Scientology coming out soon. Is all this stuff actually legit? I really don't understand how someone could end up that locked into something where they could be living in a voluntary prison camp for years.
>>
>>69703417
If you sign a contract which can be enforced by lawyers being paid 7 figure wages then you are essentially able to be bound into anything.
>>
i mean the church is going to deny any allegations so it's difficult to differentiate legitimate complaints and stories from spiteful ex-members, but Going Clear seemed like it largely stuck to reliable sources and verifiable information. Some of the stuff near the end of the film is questionable but it's not hard to believe given the stuff we do know about the church.
david miscavige is definitely a real motherfucker tho
>>
It was checked and triple-checked by HBO lawyers to avoid lawsuits.
All statements made by the narrator are backed up visually, the statements by the interviewed ones might be exaggerated though.
>>
>>69703417
It's pretty nuts man. The first time they show the rally when they won their lawsuit against the IRS was insane. They legitimately look like they're at a Nazi rally.
>>
where can i see it
>>
>>69703709
if you have HBO, there
>>
>>69703709
Netflix
>>
>>69703709
any torrent site
>>
>locked into something where they could be living in a voluntary prison camp for years
>locked into
>voluntary
>prison camp
>voluntary
>>
>>69703709
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHMlvDo3oI
>>
It was a boring documentary. This is coming from a respected member of Occupy Wall Street.
>>
>>69704150
I disagree.
Gibney has yet to release a bad documentary
>>
>>69704150
i think they coulda spent less time on travolta and cruise but overall it was entertaining throughout
>>
>>69704197
>>69704283
Idk. They basically just went through with the same old material. And were more fixated on Cruise and Travolta than the actual "Church" itself. It was good in the beginning with the focus on L.Ron but halfway through it became about former Travolta buddies being butthurt and pictures of 2 Manlets (Tom & David). If they focused on L.Ron and its higher ranked members it would've been better.
>>
>>69704497
Out of he people being interviewed like three guys are former higher rank members, things like the former spokesperson of the CoS and such
>>
File: 1463542344673.png (696 KB, 750x1031) Image search: [Google]
1463542344673.png
696 KB, 750x1031
>>69704497
when will they learn
>>
>>69704497
more time should have been devoted to miscavige but i don't think he and the other higher ups who havent defected have much public presence outside the church at all, so getting info on them that's not hearsay like what they had would be incredibly difficult
i don't think they did too bad with cruise because he had this relationship with miscavige, but i was not very interested in travolta's story
>>
>>69704614
Spooped
>>
Great documentary.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.