[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Hushtrailerscreenshot.jpg (332 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Hushtrailerscreenshot.jpg
332 KB, 1200x800
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>69700605
I love Mike Flanagan's first two movie, but I hated Hush.

The killer wasn't scary at all he was just an annoying douchebag, and the deaf woman had the IQ of a block of wood. Writing warnings in lipstick instead of barricading the doors or looking for makeshift weapons? And that stupid ending where she talks to herself and has a "super special genius moment" which was lazily set-up at the beginning of the film.

Fuck this movie, Wait Until Dark is a bazillion times better
>>
Some people are just cunts.
>>
>>69700876
>The killer wasn't scary at all he was just an annoying douchebag

I agree. He was slightly menacing until he took his mask off and started speaking.

The tattoo also looked gay and didn't fit his character.

The actions of everyone were fucking retarded too. Even by typical horror movie standards.

Some of the gore was okay though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 720x405
>>69700876
Barricading the doors is a stupid move. What if he broke in through the window?

Plus she didn't have time to barricade every door and window.

She's a hottie though
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (64 KB, 737x368) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64 KB, 737x368
>>
>>69701198

Windows seemed to be reinforced somehow

If the killer wanted to get in he could have just climbed upstairs and smashed one of those windows (which he did in the end anyway)
>>
>>69701198
Regardless what she did was even dumber.

But the main problem was the killer, either explain his motivations (like in Wait Until Dark) or have him keep his mask on and his mouth shut.
>>
>>69701635

>or have him keep his mask on and his mouth shut

this
>>
I thought Hush was okay. I kinda liked it but aside from the main character's disabilities, it was basically your average home invasion movie, and yes, the killer was practically a fucking joke.

Are any of the director's other movies any good? I'm really in the mood for horror.
>>
>>69701231
Seems like whenever a new horror movie comes out and it's not flat out horrible like most horror movies are these days, everyone sucks its cock and acts like it's the new second coming of horror or something, when most of the time, it's just 'alright', like Hush really is.

This shit happens all the time in the mainstream.
>>
>>69701231
Deservedly so.
>>
>>69700605
He did not know that glass breaks easily.
>>
>>69702091
Both Absentia and Oculus are excellent IMO, but there are plenty of people who hate them

Horror is such a divisive genre
>>
>>69702301
>Both Absentia and Oculus are excellent IMO, but there are plenty of people who hate them
Cool, may watch soon then.

>Horror is such a divisive genre
Yep.
>>
File: Wait.jpg (9 KB, 289x166) Image search: [Google]
Wait.jpg
9 KB, 289x166
>>69700605
I watched this movie last night

u faqin stalker
>>
Only things which annoyed me is that the Chad didnt instantly fuck up the killer

>>69702477
>>69702301
>Oculus
One of the most decent modern 'horror' films I've seen

>>69702570
Same kek
>>
>>69702750
>Only things which annoyed me is that the Chad didnt instantly fuck up the killer
I liked that he was on to him and actually tried to fight him too. I love it when horror movie characters aren't completely useless.
>>
>>69702570

i know you did
>>
>>69702822
>not straight up KOing the killer first, then smashing his head in with the rock
genuinely annoyed me
Literally the only reason the killer managed to kill the guy is because he had the element of surprise

But yeah at least he put up a fight even after getting stabbed, nearly choked the guy too if not for the fatal wound
>>
>>69702822
What bothers me most is that the bitch watched them fight. During the part he was being choked I'd have been stabbing that man in the gut with that kitchen knife till he didn't move
>>
>>69703036
Sometimes Chad can be good. Too bad he died though.

>>69703179
Yeah the protagonist was also kind of stupid.
>>
>>69701198
>Barricading the doors is a stupid move. What if he broke in through the window?

He said he wasn't going to break in until she let her guard down. He was just toying with her.
>>
File: Kwi.png (3 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
Kwi.png
3 MB, 10000x10000
>>69702846
Did you also saw my tears?
>>
File: Ma negroid.jpg (7 KB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
Ma negroid.jpg
7 KB, 200x151
>>69703470
Dis
>>
But that was the point. He was a normal guy, who was just a serial killer.

And she was a normal woman who was deaf.

That was the scenario. No super powers, no weird teleportation tricks. No super human strenght
Just a guy who enjoy killing women for some reason. It shows that at any moment you could be the prey of a serial killer who has no motivation other than killing you
>>
>>69702091
>>69702301
Absentia is alright. It has it's moments but doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. If you are the type to just take the movie at face value, it's fine but it doesn't really make any sense at all, mainly because nothing is ever really explained. Which I suppose isn't necessarily a bad thing but when I watched it I remember thinking that there were a lot of holes that didn't get filled. I unfortunately can't remember any now.
But it's worth a watch.
>>
>>69702570
I watched this last night too.
Are you the qt3.14 I was watching this with (over the phone :3)
>>
>>69705544
It's pretty easy to fill in the blanks, especially if you read the story on which it is based.
>>
>>69705601
I didn't know that it was based off a story. I should probably read that, it might change my opinion of the film.
Does it have the same title?
>>
>>69705544
>>69705601

Was Absentia the one with the underpass and that strange, silverfish-like creature?
>>
>>69705802
Ja
>>
>>69706545
thx
>>
>>69706592
np bby :3
>>
>>69702161
Stephen King literally said it was on the same level of Halloween.
>>
>>69706807
Right, exactly. It wasn't even remotely on the same level as Halloween. That movie was good, if a little overrated, and spawned its own subgenre of horror movies.

Stephen King is full of shit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.