[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some movies besides Twilight series dealing with women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: p182141_p_v8_aj.jpg (260 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p182141_p_v8_aj.jpg
260 KB, 960x1440
what are some movies besides Twilight series dealing with women power fantasy? Pretty much movies where a single woman is madly loved by myriad of handsome men.
>>
I think thats it anon.

That movie was the only one...
>>
>>69697956

impossible
>>
>>69697956
this

>>69697912
Sorry OP never been done before or since
>>
>>69697912
Gone girl
50 shades of grey
>>
>>69697912
That's not power fantasy

If it were power fantasy Bella would be able to handle herself and be competent at the very least.

This is damsel in distress fantasy
>>
>>69698377

>damsel in distress fantasy

so a fantasy in which women is saved by a strong knight. That's pretty much what it means to be 'powerful' for women, to have a high-quality male devoted to her. I know the words power fantasy imply something else, but I didn't find the right term for it and 'damsel in distress' doesn't quite hit the mark, I think. Sound like a negative, something a woman would like to avoid.

>>69698333

I disagree on Gone Girl, since it didn't really approve of the wife's actions. Sure, she had a loyal beta follower, but at the same time her own husband hated her guts. She was also robbed. Nah, that's not it.

50 Shades yes, I agree completly.
>>
>>69698818
Lol to be fair 50 shades literally started as a twilight fan fiction
>>
>>69698377
Bella is the ultimate wish fulfilment.
She makes absolutely no effort to further herself in any way, yet she still:

1) Has the unconditional trust and love of everyone that matters to her, and dozens of people that don't
2) Gets to be Immortal, Rich and have a Status Husband and Child
3) Has two heartthrobs fighting over her
4) Has the plot bend over backwards to make sure any choice she makes has absolutely no negative impacts on her
5) Has everyone, Villain or Hero, hanging on her every word and action
6) Becomes super awesome and saves the day, wowing everyone present despite the fact that she did practically nothing and that two vastly more powerful allies could have obliterated the opposing armies in a heartbeat
>>
I think this to an extent

Sure, we are supposed to identify with Lopez and be afraid of the psychotic stalker. But let's face it - in this movie a middle-aged wife with no extraordinary qualities gets a young, strong, handsome, handy neighbour that obsesses over her to the point of it not making sense. I'm sure many women watching this were imagining themselves in Lopez's shoes and actually taking an advantage of the guy.
>>
>>69699422

forgot my picture
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.