[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dead man's letters: great >The Equalizer: dogshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>Dead man's letters: great
>The Equalizer: dogshit
>The Host: great
>>
File: 1462893049074.jpg (37 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1462893049074.jpg
37 KB, 275x275
>The Avengers: Decent enough, chitauri were stupid, Loki was alright, way too many quips
>Thor: Fucking boring, Loki was the only interesting thing
>Iron Man 2: Snoozefest

Why did I fall for the MCU meme?
>>
>>69697178
C'mon, The Equalizer wasn't a complete loss. Certainly not gonna rewatch it, but it didn't ruin my evening.

>>69697235
Most of 'em are pretty shit, but I think they've actually been getting better. The CA movies are alight, and GotG is what I hoped a new Star Wars would be.
>>
1. The Royal Tenenbaums: I enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
2. Captain America Civil War: mindless fun, terrible fanbase
3. Brooklyn: great potato vehicle, v comf
>>
>>69697102
>48 Hrs: It is aging poorly
>Sicario: Really nice set pieces
>Eye in the Sky: Best written war movie in decades
>>
rear window: very good, liked how the detective is placed into a situation where he can't move out his room.

blue in the face: boring and uninteresting, liked the bit about cigarettes.

fail-safe: but boring to start, but soon kicks into action. the h-bomb scene at the end is one of the greatest endings ever
>>
>Captain America: Civil War: RT lied to me again.
>Jurassic World: How the fuck did this make $1.6 billion?!
>The Intern: A good Sunday Afternoon movie. Ran a bit too long though.
>>
>>69697102

>Deadpool: It entertained me and I forgot it immediately. They did a good job, but at this point capeshit is capeshit

>High-Rise: Best movie I've seen in a while. Monty Python meets David Cronenberg. Ben Wheatley is the real deal

>Green Room: Pretty much a perfect action/thriller. It reminded me a lot of Assault on Precinct 13 - very simple premise and constant suspense. It's really gory and a lot of fun
>>
>>69697102
Quick Change sounds fun

>>69697178
The Host is great. Pleb question: Why are all asian movies weird (not in a bad way)? Is is just the difference between east and west or are they actually weird?

>>69697904
I enjoy Wes Anderson too. How ferbotten is he on this board? Life Aquatic and Moonrise Kingdom are my fav.

>John Wick: 2nd watch. Still good but the first half of the movie is better than the second.
>Whiplash: Very intense. I was sweating at the end.
>Kumiko The Treasure Hunter: Barely delivers on its weird premise. Not a lot happening but a decent watch. The mix between Japanese and American crew is refreshing.
>>
Clerks: Each time I watch it, it feels more and more like my own life and that's terrifying.
Star Wars 7: It's really boring on the small screen the second time around. Everything is just so predictable that the movie feels like a Wikipedia summary of itself.
Zootopia: It was weirdly political for a kid's movie. I really hated that pop song and the gazelle character they were trying to force down our throats, but I liked the rest of it.
>>
>>69698802
Weird is relative.

>John Wick: 2nd watch. Still good but the first half of the movie is better than the second
Yeah, it didn't go as far as I'd hoped it would while watching. I wanted competition for The Raid 2.
>>
>>69699030
>feels like a Wikipedia summary of itself.
Nicely put.

>Zootopia: It was weirdly political for a kid's movie.
What are its leanings? I was put off as soon as I saw that the main character was a cop. Authoritarianism rears its head in far too many kids films.
>>
File: 1458751302441.jpg (40 KB, 532x343) Image search: [Google]
1458751302441.jpg
40 KB, 532x343
>Once Upon a Time in the West: Great western, was initially surprised to see Henry Fonda playing an asshole villain role, but he played it so well. Claudia Cardinale was a very attractive woman if you catch my meaning
>Captain America: Civil War: I have no idea who half of the people were and there were times when I could see obvious "hey look how cool this person is, please like this person" for characters who were getting a stand alone movie. Other than that eh yeah it was pretty good I guess.
>The Exorcist: Glad I finally saw it. Still really enjoyed it despite the huge cult following. I thought the positive light it's held in would make me think it was overrated but I actually really enjoyed it. The girl was surprisingly good in it too. When I first saw her on screen I was hoping the devil would get in her quick so I'd not have to sit through shitty kid acting, but she was great throughout
>>
>>69698467
Just saw Green Room last night. It was a very well crafted and raw thriller/slasher, though it did rely on the tropes of the genre a little too much. Plus, as a fan of extreme metal, it was nice to see that style of music used to give the film some creepy atmosphere.

8/10
>>
>Freddy Got Fingered
Funny. Dumb done right. Everything a Tom Green movie should be
>You're Next
Bad. At least it felt somewhat fresh, for a modern horror.
>Yowamushi Pedal: The Movie
HIIME HIME
SUKI SUKI DAISUKI HIME
>>
>>69699322
Linda Blair fuckin killed it in The Exorcist. Though she probably had lots of very specific direction. I guess it was a hard movie to shoot around a little kid.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.