[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you want to meet your soulmate, knowing full well you could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lost_in_translation.jpg (241 KB, 1000x1544) Image search: [Google]
lost_in_translation.jpg
241 KB, 1000x1544
would you want to meet your soulmate, knowing full well you could never be with them?

would you want to meet them just to see who they are? what they're like? and then have them disappear forever?

i think about this a lot. it makes me sad.
>>
Why? Soul makes are a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you settle with a girl then you tell yourself that she's your soul mate. If you are infatuated with one and you never see each other again, you convince yourself she was your soul mate. You're just tricking your brain into feeling that way.
>>
>>69696717

i disagree
>>
>>69696884
obviously. The only thing keeping you from moving on after finding your "soul mate" is because you've convinced yourself that there won't be any others like it. You've given up on trying to find anyone else, and so there won't be, which further reinforces the self fulfilling prophesy.
>>
>>69697000

i'm not saying i have ever met my soulmate, or ever will.

it's a hypothetical. have you seen lost in translation?
>>
>>69697061
I have seen it, yes.

And I was adding to the hypothetical conversation, silly goose, in that it doesn't really matter if one ever meets or doesn't meet their soul mate, as you asked in the OP. Because it isn't really a thing. I'm sorry I didn't give a yes or not answer, I guess. Not even trying to be condescending. I'm just not sure what you want
>>
>>69696579
Soul mate is a retarded concept used by people as a post facto rationalization for being retarded.

>>69696717
>>69697000
>>69697302
This guy already said everything necessary in a much nicer way though.
>>
>>69696579
I don't think Scarlett was Bill's soulmate in that movie if this is what you think
>>
>>69699575

Correct. He was a famous actor in the movie. If he was some Joe Schmo 50-something year old she never would have looked his way.
>>
>>69700561
I think you misunderstand as much as him
>>
I'm 28 years old and have been in relationships with maybe 15 to 20 women. Longest relationship was a little more than 2 years. Usually they last a few months to maybe a year.

I have never met anyone who I would consider a soul mate. For me a soul mate is about having compatible personalities. It is about 2 people who enjoy each other's company. But it is also about having the same goals in life.

The physical part is also important. But that goes. After a few months of sleeping with the same person you eventually get bored anyway. Then it is the personalities that keep 2 people together. Although I'm not sure how long this will last also. I imagine after 20 years living with the same person you'd get sick of them no matter how compatible you might be. Though this is just a guess.

I'm sure there are million of women out there that are compatible with me and could be my soul mate. But we are all bound by things like geography, time, social status. So meeting one of them would probably happen by pure luck. You just have to keep looking I guess.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.