[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did they make him gay? Do HBO producers always force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 2014-10-28-TheWire.jpg (30 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-28-TheWire.jpg
30 KB, 576x432
So why did they make him gay?

Do HBO producers always force this shit in their shows?
>>
because black people are gay as fuck
>>
It was actually the ancient black Nubians who invented homosexuality... it was an advanced technique to help control populations, white people who pretend to be homosexual are merely appropriating what black people started...
>>
>>69695492
made him even more badass by being gay in a culture where being gay gets your ass beat

meant to reinforce he well and truly does his own thing and doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>69695655
WE WUZ CULEROS AND SHEIT
>>
Inner city blacks hate faggots so it adds an interesting element.
>>
Tumblr whines about how straight characters should all be gay

4chan whines about how gay characters should all be straight
>>
File: 1463276049187.png (1 MB, 898x1102) Image search: [Google]
1463276049187.png
1 MB, 898x1102
>>69695706
>>
Not really.
>>
File: easyyyy.jpg (384 KB, 709x796) Image search: [Google]
easyyyy.jpg
384 KB, 709x796
>>69695492
Because gay people exist you fucking autist
>>
>>69695752
> tfw no Drawn Together style shitcom about these two as roommates thrown together by fate
>>
>>69695492
You just answered your own question.
>>
Why was Snoop the only gay character that didn't have to make a big deal out of being gay?
>>
Because his homosexuality ostracizes him, thus puts him in a position where he has fewer open to him.
>>
>>69695971
When did Omar make a big deal out of being gay? String, Avon and Marlo all did though.

Was Snoop actually a lesbian?
>>
>>69695971
I thought Snoop was "closet" trans
>>
>>69695492
wasnt the guy he was based on gay too? Most of the shit on the wire is based on real people
>>
>>69696106
>>69696138
Yes, ghetto lesbians exist like that. They don't exude the typical victim complex of the white dykes and bluehairs. They just... are. There's a certain comfort they take to just being themselves, no different than one of the guys.

t. My cousin is a cholo dyke
>>
>>69695971
Rawls and Kima too
>>
>>69697027
If that's true it reminds me of old England where people hated fags but didn't give a fuck about lesbians
>>
Wire thread? Wire thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQv6KTfQow
>>
post your top 5 episodes, /wire/

>Bad Dreams
>–30–
>The Cost
>Sentencing
>That's Got His Own
>>
>>69695655
>invented homosexuality

shiggy
>>
>>69697652

Favorite episode was Middle Ground. Don't have all the episode names memorized like an autist so I'd have to say "the one with..." and I'm not doing all that shit
>>
>>69697151
Kima's gf was really annoying though
>>
>>69695492
Because here in America we like to be complete shit at statistics so we remain true to demographics. 90% of a show has to be black, 40% homo, and 20% Mexico.

If you're bleck and move to Hollywood you have a 1000% chance of getting a role due to white guilt and liberal agenda.
>>
>>69697843
Yeah but Kima didn't make a big deal out of it, it was her coworkers bringing it up
>>
>>69697979
somebodys butthurt
>>
>>69697979
Who the hell even knows how many greys there are on the Kinsey scale, there are still so many closet cases out there. Seriously, none of the gay characters in the Wire were annoying about it. That's all I give a fuck about. Not this autistic statistical shit.
>>
I think the actual dude he was based on was gay. Also it makes him even more badass for thriving in such a masculine culture and still managing to believably make others fear him. I'm not even she and I get it
>>
>>69699211
The real life Omar is straight and married to the junkie chick character from The Corner.
>>
did you get the honey nut?
>>
>>69695655
WE WUZ QUEENS N SHIEET
>>
A lot of people are gay. Get over it.

You don't cry your ass off when someone in a show or movie has amnesia, which is far rarer than homosexuality.
>>
>>69701719
ayy
>>
>>69701790
Shut up fag
>>
>>69697151
I always thought of Rawls as being gay like Dafoe in Boondock Saints
>>
>>69695697
This. Plus the way it's handled is really far from feeling like it's pandering. The Wire is an excellent showcase on how to make characters feel like real people, even though they're acting in a really stereotypical fashion.
>>
>>69701790
Well amnesiacs in shows are far more rare then homos. So there's not much to get upset over.
>>
It's based off a real life person who was gay.
Holy shit it must be hell to live like OP where you're constantly mistaking the simplest things on TV as having an agenda.
>>
>be a gangster
>down fall is pussy

layered cake
scarface
etc

>remove desire for pussy
>gangster as shit till the end
>>
>>69704459
Instead he was driven to Vengeance for his gay lover. Whether you love pussy or cock it's all the same if it makes you act the same.
>>
>>69704668
remember that he killed him because he betrayed him though.
>>
>Gay people do not exist outside of HBO shows
>>
>>69695682
came here to say this

homosexuality is more common in black people
some of the other characters would probably have been gay but never admitted it
Omar gave no fucks
>>
>>69695655
Well, that might be true, but white people invented the potato in 1492, and it has spread to the last remote corners of the earth, making people happy.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.