[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? "JK Rowling Took a Stand for 'Offensive and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 2016-05-18-14-01-55-440528800.jpg (9 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-18-14-01-55-440528800.jpg
9 KB, 184x274
Thoughts? "JK Rowling Took a Stand for 'Offensive and Bigoted' Donald Trump — Here's Why"

>May 17, 2016J.K. Rowling would like to clarify that she does not like or approve of presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump.At Monday night's annualPen Literary Galain New York City, Rowlingtold the crowdshe finds him to be "objectionable," "offensive and bigoted," but she wouldn't support barring him from the United Kingdom on those grounds, as has been suggested.Instead, she welcomed the Donald to come "be offensive and bigoted" in her native U.K.

>TheHarry Potterauthor said leveraging Trump's hate speech to ban him from the country would set a dangerous precedent, condoning the censorship ofviewpoints that conflict with one's own."If you seek the removal of freedoms from an opponent simply on the grounds that they have offended you, you have crossed a line to stand alongside tyrants who imprison, torture and kill on exactly the same justifications," she said.
>>
File: 1463157207018.jpg (55 KB, 479x511) Image search: [Google]
1463157207018.jpg
55 KB, 479x511
so offensive, im now a #hillarymissile
>>
>>69693429
she has a point, but why did you post this on tv?
>>
This barely has anything to do with TV and Film. Only tangentially. OP just wants to trigger poltards.
>>
File: 1435378680021.gif (381 KB, 286x282) Image search: [Google]
1435378680021.gif
381 KB, 286x282
I used to like Harry Potter, both the books and films, but the more I see fan who can't let go and Rowling's determination to be progressive to please said fans, the more I dislike it.
>>
>>69693519
I couldn't give a shit about her. I love the films. Nothing she can do can change that
>>
Okay wow, that's literally it.

This "totally not trying to stay relevant" childrens author has officially made me a #CruzMissile
>>
If I was a white woman with billions, completely insulated from all the evils of society in my ivory tower of rich privilege I'd probably say shit like this too, especially if I was old and my pussy was dried up like the Sahara.
>>
>>69693429
>"If you seek the removal of freedoms from an opponent simply on the grounds that they have offended you, you have crossed a line to stand alongside tyrants who imprison, torture and kill on exactly the same justifications," she said.

The fucking ironing, the painting in the pottery, this applies to all of tumblr and SJW.
>>
>>69693429
>"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall
>>
>>69693574
she still pretty fine desu, I'd put my basilisk in her chamber of secrets until she was moaning myrtle if you know what I mean
>>
File: 1454387492786.jpg (52 KB, 300x463) Image search: [Google]
1454387492786.jpg
52 KB, 300x463
>>69693429
i actually thought i was on pol until
>>69693502
>>
>>69693429
She's British. It's none of her fucking business who the US votes for. We settled that shit in 1776.

So let that fucking bitch continue white-flighting to stay one step ahead of the shitflood in her own country while pretending she's tolerant for wanting that shit flood to fuck up the lesser poorer Brits.
>>
>Trump wants to ban people he doesn't like from coming to the U.S.
>cries like a bitch when other people want to stop him from coming to their country

Wow, what a hypocrite.
>>
>>69693502
She is a film producer and now screenwriter
>>
>>69693429
What's wrong with what she's saying here? seems fine
>>
>>69693502
She is a film producer and now a screenwriter
>>
>>69693429
>>TheHarry Potterauthor said leveraging Trump's hate speech to ban him from the country would set a dangerous precedent, condoning the censorship ofviewpoints that conflict with one's own."If you seek the removal of freedoms from an opponent simply on the grounds that they have offended you, you have crossed a line to stand alongside tyrants who imprison, torture and kill on exactly the same justifications," she said.
I bet this will make leftists SOOOOOOO fucking mad.

Leftists are basically fascists at this point.
>>
>>69693429
Why do people care what she thinks like she's some fucking smart political commentator who know anything, she wrote a fucking kids book suddenly she's the fount of knowledge and we should live by her gospel?
>>
>>69693641
its about the fact people in the UK want to Ban Trump from entering the UK based on his personal views.

If you could read properly maybe you would have understood that it has little to do with an election.
>>
>>69693757
Lol you didn't catch the orwellian themes in order of the phoenix and the brazilian nature of the ministry throughout the entire series?
>>
>>69693726
Only logical voice in this thread. well done.
>>
>>69693799
>its about the fact people in the UK want to Ban Trump from entering the UK based on his personal views.

Only a small handful. Leftists who want to destroy civilization as we know it are a loud minority who enforce their rules over everyone else where they jail any Brit who even utters one single word against what they're doing.
>>
I gotta say, Rowling is fine as hell.

I'd Slytherin to her Chamber of Secrets any day.
>>
>>69693429
She was just JKing
>>
Despite me disagreeing with her opinions, it's pretty cool that she's saying "everyone is entitled to theirs, stop trying to infringe on someone's rights because of their opinions"
>>
File: JKrowling.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
JKrowling.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
Here's an accurate interpretation of what she said
>>
>rich person supports leftism

lmaoo
>>
>>69697538
> leblanc.jpg
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.