[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw donnie darko for the first time, how did i even mis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Just saw donnie darko for the first time, how did i even miss this insane movie.
It left me baffled especially after reading the explanation on donniedarko.org.uk

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>69691451
I made a fire and watching burn
Thought of your future
With one foot in the past now just how long will it last
No no no have you no ambition
My mother and my brothers used to breathe in clean in air
And dreaming I'm a doctor
It's hard to be a man when there's a gun in your hand
>>
>>69691451
Comfy af
>>
>>69691451

Only good things about this is qt Jena Malone and the ending song.
>>
>>69691541
OHHHH I FEEEEEEL SOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>69691646

>ending song

come on pleb
>>69691541
>>
>>69691451
I really enjoyed it despite the fact that the special effects kind of show its age. The premise was interesting and while it wasn't the greatest film ever made it did feel compelling in a way due to how easy it was to become invested in the doomsday countdown thing.

What confuses me is how normies ended up not 'getting it', as if it were somehow a deep film. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but there's really not much room to misconstrue the plot if you just pay attention.

If you're still confused OP basically donnie gets caught in a universal schism that creates a doomed alternate reality via erroneously introducing the 'artifact' (plane engine) at a juncture in time wherein it had no cause to exist, creating a paradox which donnie had to correct through going through the series of events that lead up to the engine coming apart from the plane and killing him.

Or something like that I saw it a while back now but if you look up the philosophy of time travel pdf it basically tells you as much.
>>
It was an ok movie when I saw it in high school like 12 years ago. Its a comfy pseudo-deep movie that doesnt require much thinking
>>
File: 1449977026935.png (343 KB, 742x366) Image search: [Google]
1449977026935.png
343 KB, 742x366
Great style, great acting, great writing. Plot is interesting and somewhat complex, without taking itself too seriously or trying too hard to be >WOOOAHHHHH

the scene at the dinner table where Donnie's sister tells him to "suck a fuck" is pure classic kino
>>
>>69691758
Something happened that I'm HEAD OVER HEELS
>>
>>69692153
daily reminder mad world is a cover,

another talentless hack making a lifetime of luxury from one song which is someone else's.
>>
>>69692335
lol it's much deeper than that anon, do some research and get educated about it.
>>
>>69691451
>tfw you were never at the receiving end of those looks that girl gave Donnie
>>
>>69694508
I don't know, for being a cover it sounds and feels completely different from the original.

As far as covers go, it's a damn good one.
>>
File: Essential_Fedoracore.jpg (382 KB, 766x1166) Image search: [Google]
Essential_Fedoracore.jpg
382 KB, 766x1166
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.