[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Robin Wright pressed for pay equal to Kevin Spacey on Ho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9
>Robin Wright pressed for pay equal to Kevin Spacey on House of Cards

Surprise, surprise, she is a stuck up cunt irl too

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/17/robin-wright-equal-pay-house-cards-kevin-spacey
>>
>>69685634
>asking for equality
>being a cunt

ok, virgin
>>
>>69685676
>a literally nobody playing a supporting character getting the same as Kevin Spacey playing the main character
>>
>>69685754
>playing a supporting character

I think you don't understand this show
>>
>>69685676
Im sorry but Robin Wright is not the equal of Kevin spacey in star power...
She is just trying to ride the whole false equality bullshit.
>>
>>69685676
>dumb bitches almost always bad at negotiating contracts

not only is she a cunt she's a dumb cunt.
>>
Why would she get paid the same when Kevin is on screen more? Women truly are dumb.
>>
>>69685892
>getting paid the same for doing less work
>dumb

lel
>>
>>69685754
>Robin Wright
>nobody

Your misogynistic rage makes you twist reality. Or you're 12.
>>
Her character is just as important to the show as Spacey's and she has just as much screentime. Of course they're gonna pay her the same if the demands it at this point.
>>
>>69685965
Even so she's not even close to how big of a pull Kevin Spacy is therefore she doesn't deserve equel pay.
>>
>>69685892
>getting paid the same for doing less

that's equality, just look at sports like tennis
>>
>>69685965
You think everything and everyone is sexist because you're the sexist one. It's like the person that says someone is being racist when they weren't. It's constantly on your mind and you see it everywhere because you yourself are sexist. Now go kill yourself.
>>
She thought she should be paid more, so she asked the producers to pay her more and they started paying her more.

Where exactly is the problem there?
>>
>>69686096
BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN AND HER CHARACTER DOES THINGS TEEVEE DOES NOT AGREE WITH!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Boy, making The Congress must have been incredibly humiliating
>>
File: 131342042449.jpg (32 KB, 358x406) Image search: [Google]
131342042449.jpg
32 KB, 358x406
>>69685634
Is she seriously implying that she is level with Kevin Space?
>>
>>69686096
She's hopping on the wagon and they only gave her more because she's a woman and they're basicay obligated. My team at work is trying to hire a female because they feel obligated, yet they keep hiring shit workers hi ist because they are female as opposed to actually being good and have to let them go.... only to hire another shit worker because they were female.

This shit is so contrived that nothing good is going to come of it, because people are going to start taking advantage of it and it's only good to go sour rather than producing positive change.
>>
>>69685634
inb4 her character is assasinated. Not only it will get rid series of her but also will cause some cheap drama and shock value. Win/win situation really
>>
Anyone can ask for anything they want... Doesn't mean she'll get it. Maybe her character gets killed in an off-screen terrorist attack or something...
>>
probably because spacey makes them more money you dumb whore
>>
>wanting more money
>getting it
>somehow this makes her bad
>>
>>69686224
basically, just*

Fucking autocorrect
>>
she'll get zoey barne'd

>producers ask her to shoot a scene with Spacey in subway
>show another actress getting pushed into a train
>tell her she is no longer part of the show
>>
>>69686047
>no, the people who are AGAINST sexism are sexist, while the people who are for sexist are actually not sexist

mra logic lmao
>>
Fuck I mean I hate feminism but come the fuck on what's wrong with her getting equal pay since she's pretty much doing the same amount of work now that she's graduated to main character status?
>>
>>69686299
>>69686228
That will never happen. You have to cater to females and do exactly as they say or you're a sexist pig.
>>
>>69686333
It's sound logic actually. The more you push the idea of sexism and label things as sexist that weren't or were not intended to be, the more sexist you become. Perhaps if nothing but sexism is on your mind and you're on a constant witch hunt against those who are not sexist, you're the one being sexist towards them.

Honestly I think you just seem like a very angry person and you're looking for a reason to hate others.
>>
>>69686357
Not really. If the exec decides that keeping her will cost them unacceptable amount of money, she is going to be kicked from the show.
>>
>>69686357
Honestly if she was killed millions would stop watching since she's the best character on it

>inb4 angry neckbeards
>>
>>69686477
If it was a man that'd be fine, but doing that to a woman is misogynistic.
>>
>>69686343
She got the deal because she threatened to go public, they paid her equal and she went public anyway
>>
>>69686343

She got upgraded to main character status this season, not before.
>>
>>69685634
>>69685676

I don't think anyone on that show should be getting paid as much as Kevin Spacey. He's the biggest draw by far, a decent amount of people started watching mainly because Kevin Spacey was the lead. He's also the main character and has most of the screentime, this is like complaining that Matt Damon got paid the most in a Jason Bourne movie.
>>
>>69686521
All that feminist shit stops being relevant when $$$ are involved
>>
It would be great if Spacey agreed to her salary instead.
>>
>>69686585
>a decent amount of people started watching mainly because Kevin Spacey
EVERYONE watched it, and watches it, because of Spacey
>>
>>69686456
>no no, see, it's the black people who wanted equal rights that were actually being racist, the people who kept oppressing them were the anti-racists

your stupidity is honestly impressive.
>>
>>69686685
Yeah, because some supporting not getting the same pay as the lead actress is the same thing as the civil rights movement.
>>
>>69686685

This isn't about equal rights anymore, though. It's about special treatment without any rational explanation. It's not like affirmative action, or laws against discrimination, it's just "gimme money".
>>
>>69686710
I'm talking about your dumdum logic, you silly goose. try to keep up.
>>
>>69685676
Let's be honest celebrities only care about equality when it effects them they don't care about millions of working class women who don't get equal pay. This isn't for equality it's just for inflating their egos.
>>
>>69685634
>wants to be paid more money
>somehow this is bad

Ok then you commie fucktard, enjoy feeling the Bern of being minimum wage forever
>>
>>69686767
You've equated a modern-day privileged white person seeing gender discrimination in everything, to black people genuinely oppressed and wishing to change their situation. The funny thing is, you'd be eaten alive by some of your own people for that.
>>
>>69686685
The back equal rights movement was actually about equality though. Go do some research. The new wave of feminism isn't even about anything pertaining to equality. It's quite literally about taking the power from men.
>>
hello gamergate
>>
this dried up cunt actually demanded the same pay as Kevin fucking Spacey?

He could still make 5m a picture if he wanted. Who the fuck is Robin Wright? The Princess Bride was like 30 years ago cunt.
>>
File: fasntnig.jpg (8 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
fasntnig.jpg
8 KB, 150x200
I really don't care about the gender wage gap in Hollywood. Fucking actresses complaining about not getting as many millions as men when I make about 1700 dollars per month
>>
house of cards should have been cancelled after season 3
>>
>>69685676
>sex makes you good at negotiating salary
ironically, for women that is correct
>>
>>69685634
You're right OP.

She should ask for less pay, that's how good negotiators do it.
>>
Hi I'm Brendan Frasier I want co-star with JLaw. I want equal pay as her. It only fair.

Gazongas ungh.
>>
How pathetically easily triggered do you have to be to be upset about this? Do you get pissed when other people you don't know get a raise? Its a business man the point is to make money. You think ANY athlete or entertainer get "fair" pair? No they all receive insane disgusting amounts of money they don't deserve that's life.
>>
She deserves to be paid the same, she is amazing on that show
>>
her character's arch has literally ruined the fucking show.
>>
>>69686869
The way that people are complaining about inequality in Hollywood really pisses me off. Like the "#Oscarssowhite" thing. More than one quarter of black Americans live below the poverty line, why aren't we focusing on that? Who gives a fuck if Michael B Jordan got a special trophy for the millions of dollars he made from Creed and Fant4stic?
>>
>>69686955
>that's life
You're right. There's nothing wrong with her taking advantage of a legitimate cause.

This is why nobody will ever take feminism seriously.
>>
>>69686955
of course I get pissed off when I hear about some dumb cunt after 3 years demanding equal pay as someone with an amazing CV and 20 years of experience.
>>
>>69687106
She's a woman. She has thousands of years of being oppressed under the patriarchy on her CV. She deserves to be paid more than him as compensation.
>>
>>69685634
>woman asks for raise
>cunt!

lots of insecure little boys posting today. shouldn't you all be in school?
>>
>>69685833
I assume you're trolling, but even if we assume it's 50/50 between them, which it obviously isn't, Kevin Spacey is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger star than she is. Way. fucking. bigger.
>>
File: House of CUNTS.jpg (258 KB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
House of CUNTS.jpg
258 KB, 1013x1500
>>69687212
plebbit over there, cunt

We /logic/ in here.

PS look who gets top billing, is the main character and drew in millions of viewers.
>>
>>69687212

There is a difference between wanting a raise and demanding the same pay for an unequal position. If she just wanted a raise it probably wouldn't that big a deal but, essentially, saying she has the same star and draw power as Kevin Spacey isn't believable or accurate.
>>
My boss is a woman, I demand equal pay because the gender gap between men and women should be the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 368x475
>>69686849
>>
>>69687314
>>69687355
seems to me she's an astute businesswoman as well a fine actress. your argument, as well as the other little insecure boys here, is basically saying she does not deserve the pay she will now receive. she got the raise, btw, because she managed to put herself in a position to demand such pay.

>She [RobinWright]added that ā€œClaire Underwoodā€™s character was more popular than [Frankā€™s] for a period of time. So I capitalized on it. I was like, ā€˜You better pay me or Iā€™m going to go publicā€™ And they did.ā€

now, why do i think this will just make some of you insecure little boys who do not have any business clout or acumen just more irate?
>>
>>69687549
Say insecure little boys a few more times to strengthen your argument.

You rancid yeast infected gap toothed fat arsed cunt
>>
>>69685634
At this point her character is as important to the story as Spacey's, I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>69685965
it's true, i can ask every single person i meet who robin wright is and they would have no fucking clue. I ask them who kevin spacey is and most people will recognize the name. So yeah she's a nobody
>>
>>69686096
>Logic
>/tv/
You can only pick one, friend.
>>
>>69687593
Except Spacey is more famous so he has more pull with how much he gets paid
>>
Robin Wright may not have star power but she's the least guilty of phoning it in on the show. She's a great actress.
>>
>>69685634
Her character doesn't have anywhere near the draw that Underwood does.

She could argue for getting paid as both and actor and director.

Not sure if she still directs any episodes, though.
>>
>Ask your bosses for a raise
>Show them the reasons you feel you're worth more
>They agree and accept the new terms you request
>This is problematic for /tv/
Stay triggered guys.
>>
File: goldenlel5.jpg (2 MB, 4940x3740) Image search: [Google]
goldenlel5.jpg
2 MB, 4940x3740
>LITERALLY learn who she is and what her real name is from this story
>She wants to be considered equal to Kevin fucking Spacey

AYY LMAO
Dumb cunt think she's paid less because she's a woman?
>>
>>69688607
She carries the scenes she's in and Spacey should have advocated for more parity.

That being said, whining publicly about how much you're paid is pretty much saying "I think I'll retire."
>>
>>69685634
>Always say the pay gap exists because women don't negotiate.
>Call women who negotiate stuck up cunts.

Lesbihonest, here, you just don't like women.
>>
>>69688718
Being upset about something is not being triggered. Getting triggered is something that happens to people who have ptsd.
>>
To all of those whom are suggesting that there's nothing wrong with this:

She did not bring forth what she does, how much she works, and compare with that of which she is arguing she believes she is the equivalent of. She did, however, state that she wanted equal pay BECAUSE of the gender pay gap and added that if this was not met she would go public about it. This is essentially blackmail and a subtle way of saying "I will attempt to ruin you and your reputation."

Ask yourself, is this the behavior of someone that is trying to produce CHANGE or is this a petty attempt at increasing ones salary by promoting the idea of "Take advantage of this social and political issue by making more money because you're a woman."?
>>
>>69689123
She is a woman, so it's automatically the former.
>>
>>69689160
You're implying that women and men are not equal.
>>
>>69689123
who said anything about creating change? she wanted to get that Spacey money and used whatever leverage she had to do so. kudos to her. this is how business works, mate. when a man does it, he's praised. just ask SeƱor Trump. when a woman uses similar leverage, she's trounced on online forums by, ahem, insecure little boys fishing for reasons to denounce her.
>>
>>69685833
They could kill her off in the next episode and no one would care. They kill off Frank and everyone would stop watching the show.
>>
File: 1438421277056.jpg (17 KB, 305x292) Image search: [Google]
1438421277056.jpg
17 KB, 305x292
>>69688718
>"gib monie or i go public"
>they give her money
>she still goes public about it
>>
File: 1463504529019.jpg (89 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
1463504529019.jpg
89 KB, 900x750
>>69685892
K-Pax
>>
>>69689211
Men are definitely superior and most women start babbling incoherently when this is debated.
>>
>>69689122
That is the definition of being triggered. A trigger in the context of developmentally arrested individuals is an event in which they struggle to cope and become uncomfortable or upset.

Its definition in a vacuum is just "an event". Responding to events is being triggered. It happens literally all the time in everything you do.
>>
>I'm not being paid the same as the protagonist
>It must be sexism

Braindead cuntrag.
>>
>>69689123
SHE IS STUNNING AND HEROIC

sounds like her actual character on the show to to be honest
>>
>>69686266
wanting more money isnt bad

wanting kevin spacey tier money when he is the producer of the show and youre just an actor because "equality" is stupid and weak bait
>>
>>69685634

but she's not the star
>>
>>69686869
wtf how?? are u poor or something?
>>
>>69686585
Then they can tell her to get lost. If the show is making a lot of money because you fucking weirdos enjoy bisexual three ways where Kevin spacey gets to show his gay side, then she should ask for more money.
>>
>>69689628
uh, she produces, stars, and directs. might do you some good to do a little research before posting, eh?
>>
>>69689740
>implying she's as big a star as Kevin fucking Spacey
I can only assume you're doing it for laughs, but if you're not, you're absolutely fucking insane.
>>
>>69686515
She's literally the worst part of the series.
The third season sucked because they focused on her, even the finale with the "divorce".
>>
They should pay them equal, but less to both.
The characters are becoming cartoonish.
>>
>>69688142
Because forest gump and princess bride are obscure arthouse flicks, right?
>>
>>69686745
Feminists are like bicyclists. They want to be treated like motorists with all of the benefits of a pedestrian
>>
>>69689823
I'm sure that goal post used to be over there... Weird.
>>
>>69686333

>Hurr Im such a crusader for equality that I can't be the one in the wrong

Don't you have a Twitter to flood?
>>
>>69686869

>1700 dollars a month

More than me, shitlord
>>
>>69689993
haha, nice.

honestly, i'm done arguing with people [90% of the above] who fail to grasp the first thing about how real world business leverage and contract negotiations work. discussions about who deserves what is juvenile and kin to toddlers whining about what is fair and not fair. it really does portray the misogyny rampant around these parts.
>>
>>69686333
Why even bother arguing about this stuff on /tv/

4chan is and has been an alt right echo chamber for years now, you're not going to change anyone's opinion. I'd wager most people in this thread just flat out hate women in general
>>
>>69685676
>demanding equal pay to kevin spacey while being a literal nobody
Communists, everyone
>>
>>69685634
One of them could be killed and show could survive. The other could not. You already know which is which and that is why they are not paid the same.
>>
>>69686685

shouldn't you have learned what a strawman is by now? anyway, nobody is saying the core philosophies of feminism/human rights are wrong, but that it's possible to take a moral cause you corrupt it for personal gain. hypersensitivity and opportunism being exposed preserves the integrity of the core ideologies
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.