[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B-but I thought Disney paid people off for good reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1242x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1242x703
B-but I thought Disney paid people off for good reviews
>>
>>69684357
What was the exact moment when Depp JUSTed himself?
>>
>>69684394
When he married that gold-digging slut
>>
>>69684394
Good question m8

I gotta say, ever since the first Alice in wonderland it's been all downhill from there.
>>
>>69684357
Well, I guess critics aren't Madonna fans, then.
>>
>>69684394
Since he got comfortable phoning it in with his Burton partnership.
>>
>>69684394
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory followed by Alice in Wonderland was a bad move
>>
File: wacky-clooney.jpg (102 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
wacky-clooney.jpg
102 KB, 1000x666
>>69684357
Holy Shit, I tldr'd a 3/4/4 review in Little White Lies the other day and I didn't bother to check RT.

I'm actually glad; we need another go at new properties, and if they keep succeeding with rebootering and suchlike, they won't have any reason to try
>>
>>69684522
Thing is Disney doesn't do good at the box office with original titles. Tommorowland and John Carter both flopped.
>>
>>69684357
>T-they must allow some flops to keep it believable.
will nervously say the DCuck
>>
>>69684357
you got that wrong mate, they pay critics to rate other movies bad
>>
OP you idiot. Disney can't simply pay reviwers off on all their films: only for the ones that are mediocre or good. They need to every often throw $300,000,000 at a shit film to throw conspiracy nuts off.
>>
>Tim Burton's second assault on Lewis Carroll's work is being panned

Thank fuck.
>>
>>69685020
See>>69684953
>>
>>69684677

What about Pirates of the Caribbean and all their cartoon films?
>>
Depp used to be top-tier for his age, the way he looks not is JUST & it's all self-inflicted otherwise he'd still look good, and have some self respect.
>>
>>69685020

>Disney pays reviews
>but only for their good movies

Top fucking kek
>>
>>69685050

I think he was being sarcastic.
>>
>>69684677
>original titles.
>John Carter of Mars

leave now
>>
>>69684394
I'd say it was Corpse Bride, since that was the first movie of his that I remember seeing being way too safe and ultimately mediocre. It doesn't help that he was banking on the recognition he got for a movie that he didn't even fucking make.
>>
>>69684394
When he started to play a caricature of himself with Jack Sparrow. The silly gestures made people laugh and the shitty schtick was mistaken for an"excentric" character. It all went downhill from there.
and no one gave a shit when he redeemed himself in Black Mass.
>>
>>69684357
Marvel (not the Fox one) and Lucasfilm pay for reviews
>>
>>69685177
I meant as in not an existing film franchise
>>
>>69685402
Maybe because he wasn't that great in it? The movie itself wasn't that great either. It was pretty much just a reminder that Depp could act as something other than Jack Sparrow
>>
>>69685057
>Pirates of the Caribbean
Good point, but that was before capeshit took over the industry

>cartoons

I was mainly referring to live action movies. Disney obviously kills it when it comes to animated stuff.
>>
>>69684394
He was on decline ever since Pirates 3, but he really went JUST during the production of Lone Ranger. It looked like he didn't give a single fuck about the movie and it showed big time
>>
>>69685600
It's the australians who broke him
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.