[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict the critic and audience reception on this one Mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: neo1.jpg (120 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
neo1.jpg
120 KB, 600x800
Predict the critic and audience reception on this one

Mostly positive and some negative responses from Critics. It's just some feminist agenda response from /pol/cucks. and plebbits will adore and overanalyze the film.
>>
I will watch this for the CUTE Elle
>>
File: elle fanning neon demon.jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning neon demon.jpg
27 KB, 540x540
>>69679815
also people like us in /tv/ will be fapping to this film

thank you based refn
>>
>>69679815
surely there's something better to spend your time doing than this?
>>
>>69679815

It will fail critically and commercially
>>
File: elle cute.webm (878 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
elle cute.webm
878 KB, 640x800
>>69679815
I hope it doesn't get booed on friday
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43 KB, 600x480
>>69680191
>ywn get a longneckfu like her
>>
Photographer Jack is played by skinny guy from Dexter. Older, model gang leader Sarah is played by Abbey Lee.

Sarah is getting older and is in love with the photographer - the one who validates youth and beauty -, who ignores her as he keeps working with the fresh new talents, ie Elle who's new in town, 'the only virgin in L.A.'.

1st half introduces the various girls. Girls talking about beauty, gossiping, dealing with modeling agency, a photographer's in love with Elle, she does her first nude photoshoot.... Jesse befriends Ruby.

Jesse hurts her hand. Sarah tries to lick the blood, Jesse freaks out.

Ruby/Jena seduces Jesse/Elle. They have lesbian sex.

The main girls are at a restaurant discussing what they're gonna eat, meanwhile Jesse is relaxing alone at a big remote house on the hills. She wants to go swimming but the pool is empty. Someone's in the house trying to get her, generic horror chase around the house as she realizes the girls are trying to kill her.

Ruby shows up to help Jesse escape, Jesse feels relieved but in the end Jesse realizes she's in on it. She gets pushed into the empty pool and breaks her leg. They kill her.

The girls clean up the murder and eat Jesse's body -off screen- one of them starts vomiting Jesse's eye out and another picks it up and eats it again, it's all vey awkwad and gore and sexual at the same time, they shower together coverd in blood, you can see that bit in the trailer. Some of them start feeling weird, develop werid hunger urges, start washing their hands obsessively, etc.

Ruby starts freaking out out of guilt and making a scene, Sarah slits her throat.

I think it's implied the other one gets murdered off screen as well.

Afterwards, Bella Heathcote's character Gigi goes to the hospital, feeling sick and hearing Elle inside her head. She rips her tits out and open her stomach until guts fall off.

In the end Sarah gets away with the murder and Jack accepts to go on a date with her.
>>
>>69680314
inb4 weird boners
>>
>>69680314
all the more erotic if she actually has a dick
>>
>>69680314
wait so Elle goes nude?
>>
>>69679815
Another Perfect Blue rip-off? Wew lad.
>>
>>69680191

Based on
>>69680314
I'm pretty sure it will be.
>>
>no quips
3/10
>>
File: Elle Fanning (339).jpg (75 KB, 750x937) Image search: [Google]
Elle Fanning (339).jpg
75 KB, 750x937
>>69680560
It just has similar DNA and influences:
Hitchcock > De Palma > Argento > Lynch, which Kon then Aronofsky already followed

Kon was a Lynch fan, he had Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet on his top 100.

People like Kon and Lynch also heavily borrow/build upon from classic Hollywood, psychological thrillers like Hitchcock, European arthouse and early surrealism like Bergman and Bunuel. AND those who borrowed from them before, like for example De Palma and Argento, who took Hitchcock and made him more weird and sexual and dreamlike; you see all those influences in Black Swan, which is why it's so derivative. Bergman's Persona or Hitchcock's Vertigo have DNA you find in a lot of psychological horror

Then you have the tradition of stories about celebrity industry, young actresses/models/dancers vs. fading stars, like All about eve, Sunset Bld. Showgirls, etc. And that's without going into painting or literature influences for any of these. All art isl inter-connected and derivative.
>>
File: elle in japan.webm (3 MB, 678x782) Image search: [Google]
elle in japan.webm
3 MB, 678x782
>>69680626
pls no ;_;
>>
File: soon.png (123 KB, 426x179) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
123 KB, 426x179
>>
>>69679815
After Rfen disapointment from his self proclaim "failure" with OGF, in terms of his final vision, he's more focused with Neon Demon, leading to both critical and audience acclaim, and brings back the Goose into the loving hands of his mentor, to create the ultimate kino with both Elle and Goose. For the record, fucking loved OGF
>>
I'm gonna stay home and rent in On Demand then proceed to beat my meat to sleep.
>>
File: 1462681390224.jpg (76 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
1462681390224.jpg
76 KB, 1080x810
>>69680295
Is it really too much to ask?

;_;
>>
It'll be mediocre, as is typical of Refn releases, and people on here will praise it mindlessly -- as is also typical.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.