[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We are the knights who say KNEEE xD Really? This is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: holygrail-knightsni.jpg (199 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
holygrail-knightsni.jpg
199 KB, 600x400
>We are the knights who say KNEEE xD

Really? This is the piece de resistance of intelligent British humour?
>>
>>69676084
No that's The Mighty Boosh
>>
It was really funny when I first saw it at like 14 or so, but when I watched it again recently it was just unwatchable. I ended up turning it off.
>>
>>69676084
That's the most memeworthy moment from all of Monty Python though, except for maybe the Spanish inquisition or the dead bird bit, hardly fair to judge the who series by.
MP has plenty of patrician sketches that never got turned into memes.
>>
File: Eagles.jpg (93 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
Eagles.jpg
93 KB, 400x399
Why the FUCK does everybody think Holy Grail is the best Monty Python movie?

Meaning of Life is far superior
>>
>>69676232
Meaning of life is shit
>>
>>69676232
Life of Brian master race.
>>
Monty Python is the Family Guy of the pre Youtube ages. It is utter trash
>>
>>69676143
same

i remember being surprised that I found an old british movie so funny
>>
>>69676249
This. That movie sucked dick
>>
>1975
It was better than whatever American comedy shows were producing in 1975
>>
>>69676232
Life of Brian is the best

Top tier debate occurred afterwards as well
>>
File: 1463479437048.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1463479437048.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
>>69676437
>Britcuck gets insulted
>instantly lashes out America, pretty much the only country not pissed off at it right now

Ayy lmao you bipolar mouth rots can feel free to fuck off at any time
>>
>>69676278
>>69676466

Only choice.
>>
>>69676232
It's the funniest one. Life of brian works as complete film. Meaning of life misses half the jokes and drags on too long.

So, holy grail > brian > meaning
>>
>>69676589
Life of Brian is probably the best movie overall, but meaning of life has the best sketch imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
>>
>>69676143
Did the same and it's the same with a lot of Monty Python stuff.
>>
File: roger the shrubber.jpg (7 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
roger the shrubber.jpg
7 KB, 306x165
>>69676084
I don't think this is regarded as "intelligent" humour. Just silly humour. Not everyone would find humour in the sudden, dramatic appearance of the word "SHRUBBERY!" for example. But a lot of British people might, because of the unexpected juxtaposition of this innocuous concept being introduced under such dramatic conditions, and the comic relief of that piece of silliness is enhanced by the continuation of the mock-seriousness of the scene (the dramatic musical sting, the gasps of the knights etc.).

I think other countries, particularly the USA, consider English culture as being (or trying to be) more intellectually sophisticated, and therefore expect all of it's cultural exports must be so, when in reality English culture is often just as vulgar or simplistic as anywhere else. We may have given the world Shakespeare, but we also gave the world The Spice Girls.

For "intelligent British humour," I'd recommend you read some PG Wodehouse. Or you could watch an episode or two of Jeeves and Wooster, a TV show based on his books that stars Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie at their absolute best.
>>
>>69676785
but isn't shakespeare usually 90 minutes of crossdressing and dick jokes?
>>
>>69676084
Eat shit, OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
>>
>>69676574
Its correct though

Comparing surreal/shock humour from 1975 with modern humour is ridiculous because what society finds shocking or surreal has changed so much
>>
>>69676826
I wasn't presenting Shakespeare as an example of British humour, only of intellectually sophisticated culture. Shakespeare is unfunny as hell, he's just amazing at describing the human experience with words.
>>
>>69676084
>This is the piece de resistance of intelligent British humour
No it's not.
>>
>>69676929
Yes it is.
>>
https://youtu.be/GJoM7V54T-c?t=40
>>
Biggus Dickus best MP sketch
incontenentia buttocks
>>
>>69676978
Truly one of the most profound experiences in cinematic history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc
>>
File: monty-meaning_2738720b.jpg (67 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
monty-meaning_2738720b.jpg
67 KB, 620x387
Life of Brian >> Holy Grail > Meaning of Life

Meaning of life has great skits, but it feels like a bunch of TV episodes pieces sticked one to another in a long feature.

Pic related, best moment ever.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.