[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me why everyone here hates this show? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: BreakingBad.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
BreakingBad.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Can anyone explain to me why everyone here hates this show? The reviews are so fucking positive and it's just such a good show
>>
File: 1456805667494.jpg (7 KB, 153x182) Image search: [Google]
1456805667494.jpg
7 KB, 153x182
/tv/ hate it beacuse everyone love it.
The show its good.
>>
>>69674478
this thread again? don't pretend you haven't already had this explained to you, now fuck off
>>
>>69675809
I haven't you fucking faggot
>>
It's pleb
>>
>>69674478
It's progressively worse as it goes.
>>
>>69674478
>The reviews are so fucking positive and it's just such a good show
That's exactly why and /tv/ is full of /v/ crossposters who be contrarian for the sake of supreme memes
>>
>>69674478
Have you not realized that whatever /tv/ says, you should believe the opposite? Except GoT. That one is actually shit.
>>
>>69676250

This

Although season 5 was pretty solid
>>
>>69674478
I don't know why anyone else hates, but I can tell you why I do:

I watched the shit out of it with everyone else, but season five was an entire seasons worth of "we have no fucking clue what happens next, anymore than you do, so I guess this happens?"

I fucking hate a TV show that doesn't have a plan, even BSG pulled the last season out of its ass. It's "how many cliffhangers can we string together to keep people watching" and it's enraging.
>>
>>69677558
that's exactly what real life is like kid, there are no master plans
>>
>>69674478
No one hates it, it just gets far more credit than it deserves.
>>
>>69677558
but that didnt happen

this show only last for like 6 seasons. considering how popular it was thats really held back and anti jewish

they could have kept it going till even now and people would still be watching. i think they showed alot of restraint with it
>>
>>69674478
Contrarians. Show is good.
>>
>>69678004
That's all fine, the first four seasons were perfect. Season five was lazy as shit every step of the way, just so they could have a great final episode that tied everything up.

Did the producers make their money? The did.
Was the finale satisfying? Not remotely.
>>
>>69678058
>Was the finale satisfying? Not remotely.
In what way could it have been satisfying?
>>
>>69674478
probably bait, but it's a great show. People know that, but when you have all these people claiming it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, that it is the second coming of Christ, it gets nauseating. It's been ruined by its fans.
>>
>>69678102
Should've played Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood in the final scene. Would've fit the mood and the overall narrative perfectly. Missed opportunity, IMO.
>>
>>69678439
This, pretty much. The fact is it was a good show of a low calibre (as opposed to shows like Sopranos, Mad Men etc). It was decent but hollow, by the final episode I legitimately didn't care about any of the characters, even Walter, who was pretty much the only character with enough development to relate to throughout anyway. When you put this up against shows like The Sopranos, or even Six Feet Under, in which the character development is decent enough that you feel legitimate empathy for most of the cast, it fails miserably in depth.

On top of this, the main plot line started to feel very forced towards the end, as though the writers were had run out of ideas and were just stretching out a stale idea for the sake of it. By its finale, it was stretched far too thin and it probably should have finished a season or two earlier. If they had condensed the storyline a little it could have been a much better watch.

Furthermore, character motivation what unrealistic and over the top, for the most part, as it was the only way Walt's arc would be strong enough to make an impact, which further cheapened the show and its character development.

Breaking Bad was good, but pleb tier good.
>>
>>69678665
Should add that all of this would be fine if it admitted it and wasn't revered as some sort of masterpiece.
>>
>>69677558
>season five was an entire seasons worth of "we have no fucking clue what happens next, anymore than you do, so I guess this happens?"

This was every season after the second. The show was had a planned beginning, middle, and end, but once the show proved popular, they kept prolonging it with "and then this happens and then this happens and then this happens". You can listen to some of the director commentaries and they basically say that they were just thinking of cool things that could happen, and then writing to story trying to shoehorn those situations into the show.
>>
things that are popular and universally acclaimed on other sites that shall not be named are fundamentally overrated and cannot be enjoyed.

that being said, we have watched it religiously, and poured over every single frame of said show several dozen times, just to, you know, educate ourselves about just how terrible and shit it is. hehe
>>
>>69674478
haven't seen it
probably never will
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.