[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: excellent trailers for awful movies The Transforme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
>ITT: excellent trailers for awful movies

The Transformers quadrology is one of the most nauseating and obnoxious pieces of media to ever be produced, but I frankly would have never guessed so from this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59vVThHvmGU

Seriously, this shit is the way to fucking present your movie:
>no generic cryptic voice over
>no generic "make your characters look cool" shot
>no Inception horns
>no time wasted on a generic establishing shot of a city
>few scenic shots that actually reach that kinography aesthetic (pic related, the sinking aircraft carrier is also a great one)
>brilliant sound effects
>builds up an energetic and yet somewhat sp00ky face

Hell, if something it still suffers from fades and occasional silence build ups, but besides that watching this trailer always feels like a literal antithesis to the RLM "all trailers are the same" video. It tells you everything you need to know to get interested in the movie - ambiguous and mysteriously presented giant robot aliens terrorizing earth - only through effective sounds and visuals and yet it does so without actually insulting your intelligence or telling you anything about the plot - perhaps because the movie itself doesn't actually have one, but still, we're supposed to watch trailers under the belief it has.

Sucks so much to see a great trailer like this going to waste, tbqh.
>>
>Transformers 2
>bad
Say what you will, but I liked it (especially when it first came out).
>>
File: Metamorphosers.png (888 KB, 1600x693) Image search: [Google]
Metamorphosers.png
888 KB, 1600x693
>>69673761
>Transformers 2
>not bad
Come on anon. It's a great technical display of colorful images, if something.
>>
>>69673730
This trailer is legit the best live action transformers movie

Holy shit, if only we knew how bad the sequels would all be. Probably the first time a trailer lied that bad to me
>>
While I don't think Man of Steel is a shit movie, I don't think it's a particularly good movie either.

But the MoS trailers were fucking amazing. The tone and atmosphere they set up made it seem like it was going to be far more mature and well made than the movie actually was.
>>
>>69673844
Actually I do fully agree that it was a great technological achievement and greatly helps push the technology of filmmaking forward.

Bravo Bay.
>>
>>69673929
The one with the Jonathon Kent speech in particular is one of my favorite trailers of all time. A real shame what MoS and BvS turned into.
>>
>>69673761
>NOT NOW WE'RE ON THE PLANE YOU DUMBASS!
>>
File: tumblr_nkc1wxER8N1td6160o1_500.png (207 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkc1wxER8N1td6160o1_500.png
207 KB, 500x373
>>69673952
All four Transformers movies had ridiculous amounts of revolutionary filmmaking technology applied to them. No doubt they are amazing technical achievements, much more than your average capeshit. A pity that there's literally nothing in them to support the audiovisual work, the plots are almost as lowest common denominator as NfS.

I would give an arm to get a serious Transformers movie with Michael Bay cinematography and technology under classic American or European-level direction. Imagine something visually stunning, contemplative, and yet brutal in that savage way only giant alien machines beating each other can be, with a strong plot to back it up. Something like Apocalypse Now or Ghost in the Shell, with giant robots.

I just wish the average movie-goer wasn't such a fucktard, I'd love to see a serious Transformers film in my lifetime. The franchise as a whole really grew in me, even if there's little good media about it and the latest /toy/s suck balls.
>>
Terminator Salvation. I was so pumped to finally have a post apocalyptic Terminator movie. Also NIN is dope. https://youtu.be/-Czz-TcWCkA
>>
>>69674447
The 5th one coming out has new writers. I don't think it'll be amazing but way better than 4
>>
>>69674519
Movie was pretty good, shit dialogue though. And the trailer ruined the most interesting part of it.
>>
>>69674038
>I AM DIRECTLY BELOW THE ENEMY'S SCROTUM
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.