[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think they could easily recast him with a much cheaper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Anyone else think they could easily recast him with a much cheaper actor and the backlash would be minimal?
>>
Does /tv/ hate RDJ now? Reddit has truly won.
>>
>realize can't beat aliens
>will take everyone working together to stand a chance
>tear everything apart
>>
>>69670026
Didn't you see CW?

they can just CGI the dude younger now, they will just hire RDJ for voices and mocap
>>
>>69670026
replace him with Topher Grace.

>Pepper! Someone stole my CandyLand money!
>>
>>69670026
Not really. I mean comic book-wise Iron Man isn't much of a "pass the torch" character like Captain America...unless you count Iron Spider.

Unless they go full Pepper Potts or give him a protege somewhere in the next few movies I think everyone would just no longer give a shit. You have to remember that RDJ kicked off all this capeshit. I'm not shitting on Blade or earlier capeshit like Spiderman but Iron Man was a huge home run that started all this.
>>
>>69670026

I doubt it, especially internationally. Say what you want about the MCU, but it really revolves around RDJ's involvement.
>>
Get me RDJ's non-union Mexican equivalent!
>>
>>69670098
>have unlimited power and funding
>create an AI that nearly destroys the planet
??????
>profit
>>
>>69670026
No
>>
>>69670071
but reddit loves him
>>
File: jon-hamm-images-1.jpg (196 KB, 793x1000) Image search: [Google]
jon-hamm-images-1.jpg
196 KB, 793x1000
Only if they can sign the Hamm Man to a multipicture deal

>sexy for the soccer moms
>suave and rich vibe
>can handle the typical Marvel banter
>>
>>69670184
Roberto Bajando Hijo
>>
>>69670026
Fuck You
>>
>>69670026
They absolutely could and only delusional marvelcucks think otherwise

Every superhero gets recast. Every single one. Audiences are used to it, and MCU movies are becoming more and more ensemble-driven with every picture. I doubt Iron Man 4 is on the horizon anytime soon
>>
>>69670026
Not in Mavel's current movie universe. They could easily do so in a work outside of it
>>
Yeah just replace him with Jason B Jordan
>>
>>69670026

They are paying him $200 fucking million dollars for Infinity War 1 and 2 after he threatened to walk;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/avengers--infinity-war-part-1/robert-downey-jr-200-million-salary/

Don't you think if they could have recast him instead of paying him a fucking quarter BILLION dollars for two superhero movies they would have? Don't you think if there was any possible way to do it without derailing the entire Avengers franchise they would have just paid some chump 2 mill instead?
>>
Just look at the profits from Marvel movies with RDJ and without him, that should give you your answer.
>>
>>69671097
After Infinity War RDJ could probably comfortably retire....do an indie film here and there to keep busy and relax at home.
>>
>>69671097
RDJ also, on top of that, also threatened to walk if his co stars were not also paid more.
>>
>>69670184
Verne Troyer
>>
>>69671097
fucking jews
>>
>>69671608

The people negotiating with him were jews as well! The guy wanting more money was a jew! The guys trying to pay him less money were jews! The guy catering the negotiations was a jew! It's hollywood. You have to be more specific about who you are mad at.
>>
>>69672078
THE JEWS!
>>
>>69671608
>I do it for free
>>
>>69671563
>RDJ also, on top of that, also threatened to walk if his co stars were not also paid more.

Pretty based. RDJ also votes republican because of his prison experience
>>
>>69671563
This, he's a genuinely nice guy
>>
>>69670026
no
>>
Normies love him. They love quips and he is the quippiest.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.