[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get the complaints that they didn't really serve a purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
I get the complaints that they didn't really serve a purpose to the overall story in Civil War, but the actors alone sold their relevance to the movie. Just Paul Rudd laughing like a goon when Giant Man happens is enough for me, really.

And this was, bar none, the best Spider-Man that's ever been on the big screen. I couldn't ask for anyone better.
>>
>>69666806
>And this was, bar none, the best Spider-Man that's ever been on the big screen. I couldn't ask for anyone better.
Tugboat is still the best and you know it you fucking faggot.
>>
"It enhances everything eeeehHEHEHEHEHEH"

Was that really necessary, though?
>>
File: 134737288399216.jpg (431 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
134737288399216.jpg
431 KB, 1860x1400
>>69666806
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69666806
yeah

Peter being played by an actual teenager helped a lot. Enough with the late 20's actors playing him
>>
>>69666872
>wake at 4am
>skip breakfast
>skip school
>post pasta in every Marvel related thread
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>69666806
I liked Rudd but then you ruin your post by saying it's the best Spider-Man on the big screen

Best Aunt May anyway
>>
>>69667016

Just because it's the only Aunt May that you've wanted to fuck doesn't mean she's the best.
>>
>>69667104
this
when PP is played by a teenager,they screw it up by making a way younger Aunt May
>>
I agree.
>>
File: 1.jpg (69 KB, 585x585) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
69 KB, 585x585
That Spiderman was worse than Andrew Garfield.

I agree with the rest though, antman was okay
>>
>>69667104
Yes it does
>>
>>69667876

Okay, you make a compelling argument.
>>
>>69667659
sorry,but no matter how good an actor is,if he is 27 and his character is supposed to be 16-17 yo,it simply doesn't work
>>
Rudd way too phoned in his acting, he knew he was irrelevant to the plot and acted like it. They added more screentime to make it seem less phoned in with Peter but they should have shown him fighting some metahumans to make it feel less like Tony was throwing a kid with no experience fighting supers to a war he was heavily inexperienced for. (I liked him in it, but it's their roles were way too half-assed that it was annoying to see them in it as opposed to BP who was ingratiated appropriately)
>>
>>69666806
>the best Spider-Man that's ever been on the big screen.
Bait. Civil War literally did not need to happen it was the yearly marvel cash grab.
>>
>all cgi suit
>"BEST SPIDERMAN EVER1!1!!1!!"

Hi youknowwho
>>
>>69668373

They needed to get all the characters in the places that they should be in for Infinity Saga, not to mention set up for Stark's death at the end of the first part.
>>
i really was positively surprised by spider mans performance.
>>
>>69666806
[OHOHOHOHO intensifies]
>>
>>69667104
I would fuck the shit out of mcguire's aunt may any day.
>>
>>69668925

Rudd's laughing like a goon when it happens was totally one of the highlights of the movie.
>>
>>69666806
Source on image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsD46S5xr4&ab_channel=SteveRudzinski
>>
Their presence illustrated a growing pool of superpowered people outside of the Avengers immediate circle that may be affected by the outcome of the movie's central conflict.
>>
>>69667659
I agree with >>69668107 and he wasn't good enough on his own to justify his shit movies continuing.
>>
>>69668418
I couldnt tell in the movie, so I dont care. If that seriously bothers you then get this Iron Man was cg too
>>
Wait people actually hate on Ant Man?
>>
spiderman with web canisters is worst spiderman
>>
>>69667104
>he wouldn't take Sally Field to pound town

Spotted the homo
>>
>>69668267
Rudd phoning it in IS his acting style. Some people find it charming. I used to dislike it but he eventually won me over.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.