[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 13
File: 4c772629afda8.image.jpg (63 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
4c772629afda8.image.jpg
63 KB, 611x404
What the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>69661121
Foodkino.
>>
>>69661121
>What the fuck is his problem?
The problem is with everyone else, he's based as fuck.
>>
No reservations or parts unknown?
>>
>>69661121
His health is fucked up from all the eating, drinking, smoking and god knows what else. He complains about it constantly these days
>>
>>69661328

Both. Later seasons of No Reservations and Parts Unknown are shot beautifully. They're the best travel shows on tv.
>>
Part of me thinks Bourdain would have been happier with the actual life of a chef instead of his half assed one where he tangented out of the kitchen
>>
>>69661535
Fav episode of parts unknown?

Iran for me
>>
>>69661579
he was a mediocre chef. nothing stood out about him
just another line chef
>>
>>69661579
He self admittedly was a mediocre chef.

>>69661121
He was raised partly in FRANCE

I like his shows quite a bi but his whole "I'm a punk" attitude is cringey. Its like he took LSD once and did a little coke and then bragged about it for the rest of his life. His favorite movie is Apocalypse Now and thinks The Ramones are the shit. Kind of a poser to be quite honest.
>>
File: BizarreFoodsZimmern.jpg (688 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
BizarreFoodsZimmern.jpg
688 KB, 1136x852
>>69661887
>Kind of a poser
and then there's this real nigga. He was addicted to drugs and alcohol, stealing money from people and homeless, squatting in rat infested abandoned buildings and he doesn't talk about it at all or act like a badass unless someone asks him about it specifically
>>
>>69661887
nah, he's not a poseur. he lived the drug/punk life, reformed, wrote one hell of a book - Kitchen Confidential - after his novels didn't sell for shit, shot a really shitty show - A Cook's Tour - then was scooped up by the Travel Channel and made a bomb ass show - No Reservations. so how exactly is he a poseur again?

full disclosure: i am in the Miami episode of Parts Unknown for two seconds flat. my claim to fame.
>>
he's some silver spoon raised guy that tries to identify with the little people through food, often poorly
>>
ain't makin that ramsay money
>>
>>69662168
real nigga lol he stole everything from bourdain. thats why bourdain left cause he couldnt stand this copycat fat ass faggot
>>
/ck/ here.

We talk shit about him pretty often but we admit it's mostly because we envy what he's doing past mid-life. Travelling the world, trying good food and practicing jui-jitsu.

He's bitter about not taking care of himself when he was younger but anyone would be in his place.
>>
>>69661612

Nobody knows what happened to that Iranian couple he was talking to in the latter half and I can't watch it anymore because of that.

My favorite episode of parts unknown is probably Okinawa or maybe Jerusalem.

With No reservations it's probably Hokkaido or Livingston, Montana.
>>
>>69661121

It's just how New Yorkers are, man.
>>
>>69662683
>Bourdain couldn't handle someone copying his steeze so he gave up on his miserable poser life and cried
>>
>>69662683
That's slanderous, etc.
>This is coming from a Bourdain fan.
>>
>>69662683
There shows are nothing alike and Bourdain is still making TV. Also completely besides the point I was making. You contrarians making strawman arguments out of literally nothing are beyond retarded.
>>
>>69662940
do you mean the journalist guy? wasnt he released
>>
>>69663516
He's an uneducated hack, let him be.
>>
>>69662508
I've actually read Kitchen Confidential. I still got the impression from that book that he hung out with a lot of people that did drugs and stuff and he barely dabbled in it while acting like he was hardcore
>>
>Anthony Bourdain was born inNew York City, and grew up inLeonia, New Jersey.[1][2]His parents were Pierre Bourdain (d. 1987), a classical music industry executive forColumbia Records,[3][4]and Gladys Bourdain (née Sacksman),[5][6][7][8]a staff editor forThe New York Times.[9]

>Bourdain has said he was raised without religion, and that his ancestors were Catholic on his father's side and Jewish on his mother's side.[10]

Just another nepotist Jew
>>
>>69663528

Not that I know of. It really bugged me that they might have interned them just because they weren't totally beholden to the imam or what the fuck ever. That nation can go fuck itself.
>>
>>69663483
fuck you
>>69663484
fuck you
>>69663516
have you even see his new stuff? its shit tier bourdain. most of the time its just his voice over
>>
>>69661121
filipinos keep demanding that he comes back to the philipines so he can eat balut
>>
>>69663607
And another tripfag to the filter
>>
>>69663635

Balut is really the most garbage food there is. I wouldn't want to eat it either. It was a necessity for the natives because otherwise you were going to starve.

It's why Koreans eat dogs and cats, not even kidding.
>>
>>69663551
fuck you faggot ive been watching bourdain since a cooks tour and>>69663516 i know hes still on tv(CNN) what i meant is he couldnt stand fat copycat zimmerin with his stupid "oh look at me i eat bugs n shit but i know food too"
>>
>>69661535
Parts Unknown is boring as fuck and I have no idea why since it's the same show as No Reservations. It just feels way too serious and Tony comes across like he's bored with traveling now. His liberal douchebag leanings also seem to have increased with his move to JewNN.
>>
>>69663623
I didn't even insult you, you cantankerous faggot.
>>
>>69663747
Just because you've watched television, doesn't mean you're a credible source.
You don't know shit.
>>
>>69663807
i know your moms a whore
>>
>>69661121
this guy is too pretentious for me to watch

>dude alcohol lmao

the whole show is about trying to make you feel cool. You can't actually taste anything. What's the point.

Then the CNN version includes his shitty political thoughts which is even worse
>>
>>69663635
>>69663716

i'm a flip and even I don't eat that shit. its disgusting
>>
>>69663873
Why do flip bitches go ching-a-chong all over white ding dongs?
>>
>>69663594
He intentionally glossed over it because the book wasn't supposed to really be about him as a person, just his journey through kitchens. He mentions drugs and rehab casually and that's it.
>>
>>69663759
Maybe because he switched from the Travel Channel to CNN?

>Boring
The Glasgow one was quite entertaining. And the Korea one where it was presented a 's a frame narrative /backwards time episode. Never seen a documentary/journalism piece do something like that.
>>
>>69663594
i hear you. i read it, too, and did not get that impression. he had his issues, did drugs, hung out with more hardcore people, and then wrote briefly about it - the doing H and taking the subway to the beach part comes to mind. i don't think he comes across as a poseur, though. he's actually a pretty chill guy, or so that's the impression i got during the shoot. anyways, if that's the way you feel about him, i won't argue that. i simply disagree.
>>
>>69663594

You can't be a good head chef and inject heroin like a dish washer. It doesn't mean he didn't partake and doing it even occasionally fucks your body badly.
>>
>>69661121
He's totally into bananas.
>>
>>69663847
You wish you got laid.
>>
>>69663897

that's the maid tier bitches, answer is $$$
>>
>>69663920
He went to rehab for cocaine, not heroin. He did heroin, but coke was his drug of choice. You can't be a good head chef and not snort coke like a grizzly bear in a snow drift.
>>
>>69663897

>why do immigrants go after natural born citizens

Other than that we help them assimilate and we introduce them to a culture and luxury they've never known?

Oh, no fucking idea right?
>>
>>69661121
I don't like him just because he looks/sounds pretentious as fuck. Then I watch Parts Unknown and am angry because he actually sounds humble, the show is shot well and has good subject matter.

IDK what else to say, the man is a walking paradox.
>>
File: 1425683125315.png (54 KB, 201x178) Image search: [Google]
1425683125315.png
54 KB, 201x178
>drugs
>hardcore
>>
>>69663929
every applebees and chilis chef ive met are pill popping drunks and the dishwashers are beaners. you dont know shit assclown
>>
>>69661121

He's constantly trying to validate his lack of culinary success by writing the most pompous prose on tv. Andrew Zimmern is the superior traveling food television host.
>>
>>69661121
I spit in his food when I worked in a Canadian kitchen. It was the No Reservations show and he literally ordered everything on the menu. All he did was drink and make my job a living hell. I didn't own the restaurant, I just cooked a very fine duck.

Foodies just made it ok to be fat in public again.
>>
>>69663983
Yeah he's really hateable in concept and really likable if you spend any real time at all watching his shows. Which also have amazing crews behind them.
>>
>>69661535
Really? I just watched the Parts Unknown Chicago episode and who ever did the editing must've been having what Bourdain was because it was awful, guy had've been drunk to edit that shit together.
>>
>>69663918
Whereas the South Africa episode made me wish he had caught malaria or something. So fucking awful. There was also the episode set in the South where he just blatantly asks a black guest about racism and the poor guy very obviously wanted to tell him it's no where near the levels it used to be, but couldn't because he's black and he'd be labeled an Uncle Tom. So he just went all, "Ehhhhhhh it's still there, but ehhhhh you know...".

That really triggered the fuck out of me because he didn't just blatantly ask those blacks in South Africa why their country is such a horrific shithole since Apartheid ended.
>>
>>69664039
andrew fatass was one of those infomercial cooks dummy
>>
File: 1451103236233.jpg (2 KB, 118x126) Image search: [Google]
1451103236233.jpg
2 KB, 118x126
>>69664024

>applebees
>chilis
>chef

Dude are you even trying?
>>
>>69663982
>>why do immigrants go after natural born citizens
That isn't what I asked though. I specifically said flip watches wanting white guys. Of course it's because white guys are superior.
>>
>>69664077
He was the executive chef at one of the highest rated restaurants in the chicago area.
>infomercial chef
>>
>>69664092
kek i got you good
>>
>>69664118
did he ever win one of those michilinman awards? no so fuck off with your infomercial cook
>>
>>69664118
Rated by what?! North Side hipster cocksuckers going to U of C on their parents money? Need to bring in some real niggas from Englehood to show that bitch nigga whats up. I noticed he didn't go to Roscoes, Anthony ol' fuck nigga.
>>
>>69662168

Andrew is based as fuck. Dude lived through some crazy shit only to come out as a tv presenter for a travel show and lives with his family in Minnesota.
>>
>>69664039
i find Zimmern's personality grating and obnoxious, the same way some people find Bourdain annoying. i don't get where people calling him, Bourdain, pretentious comes from, though. i mean, really? maybe these people just don't know the meaning of the word? anyways, in what ways do you think Zimmern is the better host?
>>
>>69664227
What does Minnesota have to do with being "based as fuck"?
>>
>>69664071

that's fucking awful. why would he bring up racism in his show? fuck that
>>
>>69664168
>not knowing what a huge scam michelin stars are
Nobody knows the criteria, who decides who they go to, how many reviewers there are (extremely few), or how they prevent corruption. It's the most shady bullshit in the fucking world. Having or not having one means absolutely fucking nothing.

>>69664180
Talking about Zimmern.
>college kids affording fine dining
Just saying random bullshit at this point.
>>
>>69663971
Yes you can. I've seen it personally happen. Most substitute energy drinks or copious amounts of coffee...or it's just a person that has a huge, but strange, energy level.
>>
>>69664264
Writers tend to make people feel inferior.
>>
His shows are the only good travel shows since Lonely Planet and Globe Trekker
>>
hes a typical terminally smug ny liberal but world weary, they're cool people.
>>
>>69664292
>Why would be bring up racism in a show where there was no racism to be had?
Fixed that for you. No thanks necessary.
>>
>>69664168
BTFO

BOURDAIN ON FLAVORTOWN WATCH
>>
>>69664039

> its a zimmern compliments the food by rolling his eyes in ecstasy not saying anything episode
>>
>>69664112

It's not a hard sell when most Filipino guys are fuck trog monsters.
>>
>>69662168

But he dresses like a faggot
>>
>>69662168
There's literally no /comfier/ show on tv
Zimmern is hardknocked based and a legit bro

>antjuan gaybordello
>roberTRT irvine
>>
>>69664382
>its an adam richman attempts to describe the greasy loaf of shit in his hands to the lowest common denominator
>>
>>69664283
He was homeless for a year on the streets of San Francisco and was a drug addict, who turned his life around.

I still think his show is inferior to Bourdain's, but I admire Zimmern. He's really passionate about those who go without food due to personal experience.
>>
>>69664536
But what does Minnesota have do with anything?
>>
>>69664536
omg a whole fucking year. whoa blows my mind like he blew nigger dicks for a burrito
>>
pseudo intellectual liberal
>>
>>69663635
After that pathetic showing by that beta as FUCK """fan""" and all the """traditional"""" food

He will forever pass
There's only so much fishhead and deep fried pork variants a 1st world human can take
>>
> its a bourdain follows in the footsteps of pedophile writers and mentions that he did drugs too
>>
>>69664536

how the fuck do you go without food in america? Ramen is like 50 cents a container, you can get mcdonalds for 1.50, I'm sure someone would buy you a mcchicken if you asked nicely.

Or wait.......you COULD WORK in a place that serves food, and just eat shit for free like everyone who works in the food industry.
>>
>>69664581

He was more moderate before he got on CNN. You should realize that they're basically the New York Post of cable news agencies. They're going to edit their message into everything you do.

I don't think Bordain would have left Jerusalem if he had his way in that episode. Having to eat couscous with his fucking hand next to a bunch of severely misogynistic assholes and the women trying to pretend that they didn't want to halfway beat them for letting an American dine with them.
>>
>>69664691
>with his fucking hand

What's wrong with that? I eat chicken tendies with my ffucking hand.
>>
>>69664180
>Roscose
>good

>enjoying the steroid chicken jew

Let me guess, you were ordering the "Obama" when it was the southernboy and before they used that steroid shut chicken they have now
Kek
>>
>>69664765

Take your memes the fuck out of here.

One of the Arab guys even said "why would you use a for when Allah gave you hands to eat with?"

Why the fuck would "Allah" give you a brain if you were going to keep eating with your hands?
>>
>>69664837

*fork
>>
>>69661887
Not really thread related but your post triggered a line of thought in me.

Punk Rockers are almost all Anarchists (at least that's how it used to be). And the definition of anarchy is as follows:
an·ar·chy
ˈanərkē/
noun
noun: anarchy

a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

So why the hell do all these "punks" support big government candidates? Is it just cognitive dissonance? Or are they just hypocrites?
>>
>>69664678
you actually die faster if you only eat mcdonalds
>>
File: 1452370801624.jpg (174 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
1452370801624.jpg
174 KB, 600x324
>>69664691
>Having to eat couscous with his fucking hand next to a bunch of severely misogynistic assholes
>>
>>69664536
>yfw "homeless" just meant he was couch surfing at his junkie friend's place

just joking. i admire the dude, i just don't dig his personality and his happy-go-lucky commentary. if he had half the personality Bourdain has, or even insight, he would be amazing. good for him he turned his life around, though.
>>
>>69665024

I've never gone to reddit chief.

If you don't think women deserve to eat at the same table as you then maybe you belong in the 15th century.

You primitive.
>>
>>69665113
It's part of their culture you bigot
>>
>>69665001
> Super Size Meme
>>
>>69664941

I don't think being punk really ever meant anything beside enjoying the music and being a little edgy
>>
>>69665151

An outdated culture that should have died two-hundred years ago. We didn't develop for so long to slide back into the middle-ages.

I'm done with the "argument" we're having. Being reasonable and forward-thinking is not the same as being a progressive.
>>
>>69665174
to the majority of people, yeah,probably. but some of those hardcore NY punks took that anarchism, jean and leather jackets only, clothespin shit seriously. kinda juvenile, to be honest. most grew out of it, like Bourdain and, ahem, McNulty.
>>
>>69665292

>its a redditor can't handle his views and opinions questioned

kek
>>
>>69665342
huh? what are you even talking about? i think you confused posts, mate.
>>
>>69661121
He can't stop craving heroin.
>>
>>69664062
fucking this
>>
File: IMG_20160410_034626.jpg (94 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_034626.jpg
94 KB, 600x300
>>69661535
This, I feel like cnn let's his team get a little more creative than the other networks he's been on.
>>69661612
I like the thailand episode, the scene when they're all drinking shots of the clear booze and the wide angle shots.
The moscow and tokyo episodes are good too.
>>
>>69662168

Never trust a food critic who is afraid of booze.
>>
>>69666459
i find his fear of walnuts more frightening than his lack of alcohol consumption. i get the latter, he was a junkie and alcohol might lead him back to making bad decisions. but fucking walnuts???
>>
Regardless how "badass" his past was or not, he still knows how to carry on an intellectual convo with a strong sense of rawness and vulgarity which very few people know how to do. With that said that will keep him in the "unique and influencial" catagory for all time.
>>
>>69666751
Bourdain does appear to be well read, which is a plus. i also like how he invites writers on his show and has frank discussions with them about their work or the local economy, state of affairs, etc. Zimmern is good but a bit singular when it comes to his insights.
>>
>>69661612
My favorites were The Congo and Sierra Leon. Made me thankful of the fact that I live in the U.S.

Other favorite episodes would be Mississippi, cos that showed not everybody who lives in that state is an inbred racist red neck, and that there ARE good people, and good food there. I also liked the New England episode, as it shed a light on the heroin epidemic in that part of the country, and the Florida one, because he gets to hang out with Iggy Pop.
>>
>>69663850
this 100 percent
>>
It's decent stuff but at times his jokes are just too shitty. His acquaintances are boring and bland (e.g. the woman from Rome). I cringed at his constant 'muh Guiness' in Dublin while ignoring the local brewing scene completely. I get it's super iconic but his schtick is being slightly off-road.
Otherwise though I like it, mostly for the travel.
>>
>>69663850
>the whole show is about trying to make you feel cool.
lmao issues with inferiority
>>
>>69661121
he's an old 50 year old american who makes fun of the culture's he goes to with out understanding, then insults cooks who are making a profit out of shit cooking shows
and can't do any better himself.
or what >>69663850 says.
Give Zimmerman credit, at least he fucking tries to understand the fucking culture he visits.
>>
File: 1411007930634.gif (2 MB, 400x444) Image search: [Google]
1411007930634.gif
2 MB, 400x444
Go read his books you dumb fucks.

>Kitchen Confidential
>Medium Raw
>The Nasty Bits
>>
I liked it when he ate the seal meat. He's the only celebrity with the balls to say that the boycott of Canadian seafood due to the seal hunt is fucking retarded.
>>
>>69661121
>What the fuck is his problem?
french ancestry
>>
>>69665085

Ever seen him outside of his own show? Zimmern has no filter.
>>
>>69661121
I'm pretty sure the earring is a dead giveaway.
>>
>>69661290
this
>>
>>69664691

This and anything involving slaughtering an animal to eat triggered my girlfriend while watching his shows.
>>
>>69666320
The Paraguay episode was really boring but the shots in it were amazing
>>
File: 60588605[1].jpg (70 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
60588605[1].jpg
70 KB, 960x960
>it's a Merica episode
>>
>>69663594
Did you miss the parts about his heroin addiction?
>>
>>69662764
>He's bitter about not taking care of himself when he was younger but anyone would be in his place.
How so? I think he's looking pretty good for an alcoholic ex-chain smoker nearing 60, does he have health issues? Tony pls don't die
>>
>>69662940
>Hokkaido
That was some comfy shit. I like the Vienna episode for much the same reason.
>>
>>69663850
>the whole show is about trying to make you feel cool
What? The only reason I watch Bourdain is because he's the one tv host who is as cool as I am. You're probably just a faggot.
>>
>>69664052
>I spit in his food when I worked in a Canadian kitchen.
Spitting in his food and boasting about it anonymously on the internet, that'll teach him.

If you had any integrity you would have told him he could go fuck himself. You don't deserve one percent of the respect you think you should get.
>>
>>69664052
Most foodies are skinny

Also he probably ate better in one day than you will in your entire life in that one parts unknown episode in quebec lol
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>69677814
>It's a Murica episode
>>
>>69678435
The Miami episode where he was drunk as fuck and wanted a burger was hilarious.

And the Austin episode where there's that barbeque joint... god damn
>>
>>69665254
>cultures besides my own are archaic and problematic and no one could possibly prefer them
youre the reason the world is dying. and dont get me wrong, i too believe my culture is better than others, but at least i can recognize that everything is a point of view and that i only like it more because i was raised in it and continue to live in it
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 325x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 325x499
He wrote this /co/mic
It's kind of fun
>>
>>69661887
>I like his shows quite a bi but his whole "I'm a punk" attitude is cringey. Its like he took LSD once and did a little coke and then bragged about it for the rest of his life. His favorite movie is Apocalypse Now and thinks The Ramones are the shit. Kind of a poser to be quite honest.
This. I can't stand him, but I guess I can understand why other people do. He's just too far up his own ass for me to care about anything he does.
>>
>>69666459
>never trust anyone who is concerned for their own mental and physical wellbeing and refusal to relapse into harmful life threatening habits
>>
>>69662168
I was at the Minnesota State Fair about two years ago and he got in line behind me for some deep fried shit. I turned, nodded politely and that fucker just gave me a death glare.

Besides that, he is notorious for being an asshole around the twin cities.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 636x978) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 636x978
>>
My drug dealer in NY tells me he sells him x
>>
>>69665254
>I'm better and smarter than everyone else and I should always get my way
How does it feel to be a child?
>>
>>69661121
I Saw him on the street in Italy.
I picked a fight with him called him a fucking faggot and said I'd stomp him and his ugly kid to death if he ever came back to New Zealand.

I'm Australian
>>
>>69666634
clearly he sucked dick for some street walnuts
>>
File: 1454230793081.jpg (78 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
1454230793081.jpg
78 KB, 600x411
His episode about Finland was a trainwreck. It's like they made the worst possible tour on purpose.

>Visit Helsinki, the place that doesn't even know what's going on outside it's borders.
>Do some underground blood sauna that nobody has even heard of.
>Eat some food at a restaurant, drink more than you eat.
>Go drinking around the town
>Visit some random family straight out of a commieblock and drink there
>Go to a bar full of gypsies and drink some more
>Go to a kiosk at 4AM and base your whole experience on the diarrhea inducing filth that they serve there

He's nothing but a drunken tourist with cravings bigger than his taste
>>
>>69662168
Dude must of sucked A LOT of dicks for drugs because everything has a "nutty taste" to him.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.