[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show. So smart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: ek7qkioexie6h1ediwb7.jpg (39 KB, 636x388) Image search: [Google]
ek7qkioexie6h1ediwb7.jpg
39 KB, 636x388
Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show. So smart in fact that I'm very concerned Hollywood will dumb down the plot and world building to appeal to a larger audience.

If this movie has even the same level of philosophical dialogue as the Matrix had I will be surprised.

How bad will they fuck up your show anon?
>>
>>69650729
>Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show.

anime is for kids though
>>
>>69650817
Most cartoons are more intelligent and engaging than live action shows. Especially modern live action shows.

What you meant to say is that live action is for normies, and normies are mediocre, which is exactly the problem I think this movie will have, catering to dumb masses
>>
> ANIME IS FOR FUCKING LITTLE GIRLS LOL
>>
File: typical-weeb.jpg (51 KB, 319x552) Image search: [Google]
typical-weeb.jpg
51 KB, 319x552
>>69650729
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in ghost hacking. I was given the title of Major. They take a movie “Ghost In The Shell.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little girl, whether she was asian or white, I don’t know. I don’t care. She had never been to Japan. She doesn’t speak Japanese. She has never hacked a Ghost. They make her the Ghost In The Shell. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>>69651033
nice meme
>>
>>69651213
bumped didn't work
>>
>>69650817
cartoons are for kids though
>>
first time posting on /tv/ surprised gits isn't getting more discussion.
>>
>>69650961
literally. fucking little girls.
>>
>>69650899
The problem is that ghost in the shell appealed to the mind, where as most people who watch tv for entertainment want to be appealed to their emotions. Most people think with their emotions as well, so don't expect the live action movie to be very smart.
>>
>>69651496
this, most people who watched the matrix trilogy never really "got" what it was about. For most people it's just about kung fu fighting machines.
>>
If you see this thread please bump it so it doesn't die.
>>
>>69650729
>Hollywood will dumb down the plot
>white actors
>takes place in new york
>will probably westernize the names as well
no shit it's going to be dumbed down. it's a cash in because hollywood is bankrupt of creativity.
>>
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>69652034
>takes place in new york
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
>>
why isn't this thread bumping?
>>
>>69650729
Well no fucking shit you dumb mother fucker. I have been saying this since the moment it was revealed that ScarJo was playing the Major. The reason they went with her is because she's a safe bet, and safe bets mean that they're going to follow formula.

All they want is the property name and tie-ins, they give to shits about the actual source material.
>>
I'm hoping for them to fuck it up so I can just dismiss it outright and have an easier life.

What I'm worried about is if they make a genuine attempt
>>
>>69652552
>>69652660
sad, gits deserves a good movie.
>>
>>69650729

No tachikomas no sale
>>
>>69652964
It already got one twenty years ago.
>>
>>69650729
Every day huh
>>
I'm thinking I will skip this movie. Unless it gets really good reviews form friends or on here.
>>
>>69653031
what's it called?
>>69653047
this is my first time posting on /tv/, perhaps my posting about this movie is the result of a stand alone complex.
>>
>>69650817
If anime is for kids because some anime is for kids, then that would mean live action movies and shows are also for kids since some of them are for kids.
>>
>>69650729
>damn dude what if like... you can be a robot and shit in the future? would you be human anymore? my nip cartoons really make you think
>>
File: gits_title.png (88 KB, 592x320) Image search: [Google]
gits_title.png
88 KB, 592x320
>>69653122
>what's it called?
Maybe you've heard of it...
>>
>>69650729
But Scarlet Johan Schmidt looks nothing like her.
>>
Can't possibly be worse than Aeon Flux.
>>
>>69653410
They are, though.
>>
>>69650817
Hah. Hollywood is just dumbed down shit for people that can't read
>>
>>69654478
Then what's the use of criticizing anime when live action is no better?
>>
>>69654814
Motion picture artforms are worthless as a whole.
>>
>>69655029
How are they worthless?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.