[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: noah-baumbach-2.jpg (163 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
noah-baumbach-2.jpg
163 KB, 600x900
Thoughts on this man?
>>
>>69649229
cucker
>>
>>69649229
are those crickets I hear? he is irrelevant, as is this thread.
>>
>>69652404
>Implying Frances Ha isn't a modern masterpiece
>>
>>69649229
I've really liked all of his movies other than Margot at the Wedding. I haven't seen While We're Young. Greenberg is underrated. The Squid and the Whale is his best. Kicking and Screaming is my personal favorite.
>>
>>69652541
I liked Greenberg most for Stiller's performance.
>>
>>69652541
That's a very nice post, friend. Unironically
>>
>>69652541
While We're Young is a mixed bag. takes far too long to get to its central conflict, but when it does it's great. It's also about rival documentarians which isn't exciting material to begin with. The finale is excellent nevertheless.
>>
>>69652661
Thanks f am. I'm a pretty big Baumbach fan. I really enjoyed Mistress America, especially for the screwball influence.
>>
>>69649229
The Squid and the Whale is pretty great. I liked Greenberg for the fact that Stiller was such and unlikeable fucker and the Duran Duran song in it haha.
>>
>>69653195
Stiller was VERY good in Greenberg. I didn't love the movie, but he was something else.
>>
File: greenberg.png (201 KB, 322x465) Image search: [Google]
greenberg.png
201 KB, 322x465
>>69653195
>>69653428
The DVD case I have is hilarious
>>
>>69652703
I'd say While We're Young is his funniest that I've seen so far. But aside from that the theme gets old and makes the movie pretty sub par overall. Greenberg is fantastic. Still have to see Kicking and Screaming + Mr Jealousy
>>
>>69653525
Hah, what the fuck? There's so much happening.
>>
Hate him. Tries to be Wes Anderson and fails.

>muh quirky relationships
>>
>>69654424
you obviously haven't seen enough cinema if Wes Anderson is your reference point.
>>
>>69654458
Who would you reference.
>>
>>69654817
Not anon, but Woody Allen, French New Wave, and screwball (mostly in the case of his Greta Gerwig-starring features).
>>
>>69654817
Stilman, Allen, Bogdonavich (who cameos in one), Mazursky.
>>
>>69653525
thats gotta be the most jewish movie of all time
>>
>>69655030
Now that you mention it, yup.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.