[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Bubba Hotep?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: bubba-ho-tep.jpg (196 KB, 1200x691) Image search: [Google]
bubba-ho-tep.jpg
196 KB, 1200x691
Thoughts on Bubba Hotep?
>>
>>69647208

tried to watch it but the pace was kind of glacial, need to give it a try again.

also Bruce campbell's If Chins Could Kill is a great audio book
>>
>>69647208

shit.
>>
Fun, but it's a bi too slow to be fair.
>>
It's good but a bit slow. Reviewers in my country sold it like an action film, which it DEFINITELY ISN'T. Frankly it's not much of a horror film either. Watch it for "I'm getting old and feeling useless but I'm gonna save my friends dammit"-feels.

Bruce Campbell and Ossie Davis are great.
>>
It was worth watching. Not a fast paced thriller, but good. Not an Elvis fan.
>>
>>69647274
>also Bruce campbell's If Chins Could Kill is a great audio book
Haven't done the audio book, but the tree killer is great and I highly recommend it. It's a good unglamorous look at actors and acting.

Who narrates the audio version, is it BC?

>>69647208
It's pretty amazing. Like others have commented it isn't an action movie or a horror, which is what it was kind of billed as. It is a good movie about getting old, being old, and how fucked up that can be. Also has some solidly funny moments in there.
>>
>>69648400
>Who narrates the audio version, is it BC?

You better believe it baby, has a lot more features than the dead leaf like a great anecdote about the Raimi brothers being full on jews to the publisher
>>
>>69648457
Sounds great, I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>69647208
Based Don Coscarelli. I hope you have also watched phantasm and john dies at the end.
>>
>>69648457
>has a lot more features than the dead leaf like a great anecdote about the Raimi brothers being full on jews to the publisher

that's in the foreword of the book, written by editor
>>
File: 1456708924591.png (221 KB, 287x389) Image search: [Google]
1456708924591.png
221 KB, 287x389
>>69648724

shit wait you're right, there is some additional stuff peppered in though.

>my face when he used to crossdress as a kid for Halloween til he got felt up by a drunk guy
>>
Awesome film, awesome cast, awesome director and also an awesome soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsSlV5Og9M
>>
>>69648724
Is that the foreword that's literally nothing but "editor's note" as well as a "transcript" of a "conversation" the Raimi Bros had in his office?

It's funny, but obviously written by the Raimis.
>>
>>69647208
>Ossie Davis plays JFK

WHEN WILL THIS BLACKWASHING END HOLLYWOOD?!
>>
File: 1438980315237.jpg (42 KB, 640x506) Image search: [Google]
1438980315237.jpg
42 KB, 640x506
>>69647208
It's one of those "never expected to make you cry"
Well, I shed a tear or two, the ending ws ver moving, especially with this awesome tracks >>69648974
>>
File: Ginger bread rapist.jpg (74 KB, 759x582) Image search: [Google]
Ginger bread rapist.jpg
74 KB, 759x582
>Bruce Campbell pretending to be Evlis watching Bruce Campbell pretending to be Elvis in the commentary
>>
i love this movie. it hits the right tone for a somber story set in a nursing home but the end is a but anticlimactic
>>
>>69651102
Honestly, I think the fact that the ending is anticlimactic helps the story. If it had a more bombastic ending that'd undercut the tone and theme of the story. The fact that it just kind of ends is satisfying in its own way.
>>
>>69648400
>the tree killer

just googled this but didn't bring anything up

does it go by a different name?
>>
>>69647208
It's slow but it's damn funny. You should watch it with Campbell's commentary track, all done in-character. It's fucking priceless.
>>
>>69651906
Tree killer is the print version.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.