[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ER worth watching? I'm making a list of older series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ER.jpg (45 KB, 289x398) Image search: [Google]
ER.jpg
45 KB, 289x398
Is ER worth watching? I'm making a list of older series to get into since its winter soon and I'll be hibernating and binge watching, and I was considering this as an option. I haven't seen an episode since sometime in the late 90s, and I can't remember if it was any good or not.
>>
Yes up until Dr Greene dies. No idea how that show went on for 8 more seasons after that
>>
>>69647173
First couple of seasons are literally the best thing TV ever produced. I (re)watched them ~year or so ago and really REALLY enjoyed it.
Drama seems well written and isn't forced, nice character growth, it's pretty timeless honestly.
Most big thriller/drama films could envy the atmosphere this show has during the "night shift" episodes when shit really goes down.
After Clooney left it started going downhill and they slowly started recycling ideas.

I would 100% recommend first 5 seasons. Then keep going until you get bored.

To give you an idea about validity of my recommendation my other favorite shows are Mad Men, The Wire, Carnivale, Sopranos, Terriers, Six Feet Under and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. The first 5 or 6 seasons of ER are right there between those. So if you're okay with some of my shit taste I guarantee you'll like ER.
>>
Yes, it really is worth watching, one of the best - if not the best - medical drama that was on silver screen. Just stop watching at eight season and then watch the last two episodes of season fifteen.
>>
>>69647847
Awesome man, I'll definitely check out at least the first 5 seasons then.
>>
Yes. The early seasons are amazing, but I don't think the quality decreases that badly because I was watching some of the later seasons when they originally aired and kinda enjoyed it. But I was in middle school at the time soo...

Probably the best hospital drama (I've never seen St Elsewhere)
>>
ER is amazing. It may take a while to warm up to the characters but once you do you'll love it.

Best medical drama ever created.

Hard to find them all without torrenting. Not on any stream service.
>>
ELDER GOD TIER CHARACTERS
Dr Mark Greene
Doug Ross
Susan Lewis
John Carter
Robert Romano
Peter Benton
Abby Lockhart
Sam Taggart
Dr Rachel Greene

Am I right?
>>
>>69648122
> season fifteen
jesus...
>>
File: f.jpg (12 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
12 KB, 230x230
>>69647173
>ER thread
Fuck, when I was in high school this was the shit. I'm gonna go and download some of them episodes.
Press F to Pay Respects
>>
File: ER15.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ER15.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
I remember watching the final season when it aired about 10 years ago with my mom. So even after the huge ratings of the 90s had dropped and the show was in zombie mode, it still wasn't a bad show. Always better than Greys Anatomy (which is still on the air!)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.