[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>tfw you realize that DC has no major box office success movie outside Batman and ancient Superman movies
>tfw old Superman movies are only successful because of the era they were made and because they were among the first of it's kind
>tfw DC can't make anything outside Batman

What can't DC into live action?
>>
Not enough quips
>>
>>69646710
So?
>Siding with one faceless corporation over another faceless corporation

BvS is kino by the way.
>>
File: just.png (234 KB, 1176x325) Image search: [Google]
just.png
234 KB, 1176x325
>>69646772

I'm not siding with anyone, I'm just baffled that they are doing so much worse than their competition
>>
Constantine was great (Aside from no Sting), and V for Vendetta was pretty good too. Now that you have posted this list, I am reminded that I have never had a movie from Mar-vel that just makes you think, you know?
No Oscars, only VFX and Hair
>>
>>69646710
Hold on bro those 1st 2 superman movies were fuckin awesome
>>
>>69647161

You misunderstood me, I'm solely talking about box office here i.e. why can't DC make a movie for the masses, I also loved those two movies and I'm really hyped for MOM'S GONNA FREAK movie
>>
>>69647211

I also have fond memories of those movies, but do you really think they would be so successful if they were made in the capeshit age.
>>
>>69646710
old superman movies were successful because they were faithful interpretations of the character where he wasn't a narcissistic douchebag
>>
>Man of Steel ~$700 Mil
>BvS ~$900 Mil

>No success

wew
>>
>>69647444
thats like asking if the old Howard the Duck movie would be a success now in the days of reddit and e-memes.

every movie is a product of its time
>>
>>69648042
This
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.