[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help, /tv/. It's grossly apparent that "kino"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: kino.jpg (19 KB, 448x287) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
19 KB, 448x287
I need some help, /tv/.

It's grossly apparent that "kino" is /tv/'s 2016 buzzword. I never saw this term until a few months ago, and now I see it in almost every other thread's main topic, if not every other thread post. I feel out of the loop..

Could some kind anons please explain what "kino" is? Why is it so popular all of a sudden? What does it mean? What does it refer to? Please, elaborate to the fullest extent you care to.
>>
It means cinema and some people thought it would be funny to pretend that "kino" is a special form of cinema that's better and more sophisticated than regular cinema. Then people immediately forgot it's a joke and now they SERIOUSLY think kino is a real thing and you cannot convince them otherwise.

It should just get word or spam filtered along with a thousand other buzzwords.
>>
It just means movie in another language or some shit. Don't use it anon as it is just a meme word used by autistic children, it's used by the same type of people that also use words like "JUST, cuck, senpai, blacked, stinky dinky, cunny" in every single post.
>>
>>69646252
The term "Kino" comes from a .jpg image that people copy and paste around the board.

It was in the Powerpoint presentation of some failure of a professor, doing a lecture in one of those weird and useless universities that teach how to enjoy videos.

A student stole it and started polluting /tv/ with it, and here we are today.
>>
>>69646430
This is correct, ignore everyone else OP

>>69646491
Especially ignore this guy. That was a bait image created by someone on /tv/.
>>
>>69646252
If you don't know the meaning of the following terms, you've no business posting on /tv/ and should lurk more.

>joint
>flick
>movie
>film
>cinema
>kino
>>
>>69646430
I'd add that it grew out of a previous joke that distinguished between movies and films, saying movies are stupid and film is smart. Then people added flick, cinema, kino etc. Kino was the one that stuck.
>>
Don't listen to sycophants (like these >>69646430 >>69646539) trying to sell you real words and definitions OP.

Learn the MEME meaning of the word. That's all that matters. Whenever has the truth ever been above memes and buzzwords?
>>
File: kinography.jpg (7 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
kinography.jpg
7 KB, 252x200
It's been a thing on /tv/ since before 2016, but the newfag capeshitters took the word and beat it to death with their terrible forced memes. It once actually meant something.
>>
>>69646580
>no photoplay
>no tv sèrié
>>
File: 2-Women-Laughing.jpg (32 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
2-Women-Laughing.jpg
32 KB, 300x269
>>69646430
>>69646479
>>69646539
>He doesn't know about Dziga Vertov
>>
File: 00045.gif (273 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
00045.gif
273 KB, 480x270
>>69646252
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.