[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay. Let's talk the Dark Tower movie. First and fore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Idrisbar.jpg (205 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Idrisbar.jpg
205 KB, 640x353
Okay. Let's talk the Dark Tower movie.

First and foremost Roland is being portrayed by Idris Elba. I wouldn't have a problem with him being black if it didn't affect the entire character interaction/development of Odetta/Susannah. But, keep in mind that they aren't starting from the beginning of the story for some retarded reason (It'll be interesting to see how bad they fuck this up) so perhaps they'll skip the whole racist subplot entirely.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/dark-tower-rises-stephen-king-idris-elba-and-matthew-mcconaughey

>“[The movie] starts in media res, in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, which may upset some of the fans a little bit, but they’ll get behind it, because it is the story,” King says.

Let's not forget that Idris looks great and his wardrobe from the new pics that came out is flawless. Roland is supposed to be a weathered old man who has been wandering the wastes in search of the Man in Black. Why in the fuck does he look like a black version of Woody from Toy Story?

Any other thoughts, complaints, expectations (kek), or other shit regarding this soon-to-be abomination?
>>
the first book was barely worth thinking about.
>>
So they are skipping the best books?

What a terrible choice. Elba will do fine as Roland but this adaptation is going to bomb.
>>
File: charles-bronson.jpg (64 KB, 1350x607) Image search: [Google]
charles-bronson.jpg
64 KB, 1350x607
>>69645721
You know, that guy looks a lot like Charles Bronson
>>
>>69645765
The first book was essential in establishing Roland as a character, as well as introducing Jake. This all enabling the development of his character throughout this series, and giving weight to the ending (having the Horn of Eld)
>>
>>69645721
I would expect that roland would look more tanned then pale anyways, so fuck it. For a man in a desert, he would probably more akin to leath, and being black has no real problem to me at all, but then again I've read the book series at least twice fully, some of the books more, and the visual novels MARVEL did too.

So, DCucks can suck it.

It's fucking good this way, and it WILL be interesting to see how/if the story changes.

It could make a better contrast with Odetta v. a Black guy that wasn't raised in a world with Niggers.

can you even imagine a world without Niggers?
>>
File: 1463344502468.jpg (260 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1463344502468.jpg
260 KB, 500x434
tbf The Dark Tower series is absolutely awful.

>mfw Stephen King's character
>>
>>69645890
It was more essential in establishing the World more than roland or jake. That jake died, and roland didn't talk, not that he needs too, so the story doesn't really start until the drawing of three.
>>
No dad-a-chum, no watch
>>
>>69645857
Drawing of Three is where a movie should start. Else it would be pretty silent of a movie, or just filled with monologue and a crab battle.
>>
>>69646011
Ideally it would start with him shooting up that town, imo, and just moving to book 2's content soon after.
>>
>>69645765
first book was Trigun so... just have people watch that
>>
This shits retarded, and will be a great failure.

Don't write a story then chop half of it away because you, the author, want to follow the political winds.
>>
>>69646066
Just open with a mass shooting.

That's a good way to start things off, haha.
>>
>>69646066
but that scene would set you up with unrealistic expectations for the entire series. I think it's kinda pointless scene that just made book one all about the world, and nothing and no one else. I mean man in black didn't show up for like 4 more books.
>>
>>69646417
Could fit that in later in the series...
>>
Is the Dark Tower his penis?
>>
File: 1356374486915.jpg (107 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107 KB, 848x900
>>69645721
>Arcel declined to specify which books his movie focus on, but he did offer this clue: “A lot of it takes place in our day, in the modern world.”
>>
>>69646628
Drawing of Three when the Characters develop, as opposed to The Gunslinger which is more World Building.
>>
King revised The Gunslinger in 2003. In his introduction to the new edition, King stated that he felt the original version was "dry" and difficult for new readers to access. He also made the storytelling more linear and the book's plot more consistent with the series' ending. Other changes were made in order to resolve continuity errors introduced by later volumes. The added material was over 9000 words (35 pages) in length.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.