[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Episode One Is Pointless. Literally the most useless part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: eone.jpg (904 KB, 1036x1532) Image search: [Google]
eone.jpg
904 KB, 1036x1532
Episode One Is Pointless.

Literally the most useless part of the Saga.
>>
K. Thanks for this thread.
>>
>>69645444
the blu-ray actually looks pretty good in terms of quality/effects
>>
>>69645444
That poster is better than any shot in the movie
>>
>>69645444
woah did he actually have vader's shadow? I must've missed that
>>
>>69645444

Attack of the Clones was more pointless
>>
I still don't understand why anakin pledged allegiance to palpatine. If it's because he promised to be able to bring padme back to life it makes no sense because he continues to work for him after she died and was not able to be resurrected. What's the point?
>>
>>69645969
basically he'd wanted to become an edgelord for a while and he was looking for any old excuse
>>
>>69645879
This poster would rock if the shadow didn't look CGI as fuck, and the angles are all wrong.
>>
>>69645969
Not even George Lucas could answer that properly
>>
>>69645444
>Literally the most useless part of the Saga.
TFA is more useless
>>
>>69645894
It spawned it's own movie Clone Wars and TV show and had some of the best action that was more akin to Aliens.

not to mention it's development is the START of the actual Star Wars Saga, making it more meaningful.

It could have just been a 2 part movie and would have done better.

also less Jar Jar in 2nd.
>>
>>69646088
>spend hours on cgi
>forget where the sun is supposed to be
>>
>>69646130
Well, who knows, but in terms of the entire Saga, E1 is meaningless and you could skip it without missing a thing watching all the movies, so TFA is TBA if it's meaningless, but since they might keep some of the characters, it'll probably be significant.
>>
>>69645444
And it ruined that poor kids life.
>>
>>69645969

He needs Palpatine alive to ensure Padme lives. Then Padme dies. Then the Jedi are wiped out. What else could he do? Sheev is the only game in town.
>>
>>69646162
You expect the sun to be behind him?
>>
>>69646226
I expect it to be higher than his head. The shadow is angled to suggest the light source is low down
>>
>>69646211
Padme the queens hand maiden right? She was made queen after the Keira Knightley one died?

Episode One confused me on that.
>>
>>69646306
It's funny because as terrible as it is, people will always say THAT IS AN AMAZING POSTER.
I thought that as a kid, and I still can't help but want to think that, and seeing someone say it's cooler then anything, DOES NOT SURPRISE ME ONE BIT
>>
>>69646324
Keira Knightley is the decoy and handmaiden
>>
>>69645444
Episode 2 is also pointless, the only scene of any value was Anakin going crazy and killing the sand people. Everything else was boring CGI-ridden filler.
>>
>>69645894
Nah, it established the whole clone army thing and Anakin and Padme's relationship. TPM established very little aside from why Obiwan is training Anakin and the pointless prophecy.
>>
>>69645894

Episode II was a train-wreck of a movie in many ways, but it actually began the story everyone wanted to see. Episode I was an over-long prologue that could safely be omitted entirely by changing a few lines of dialogue in Episode II.
>>
>>69645969
The entire point of Anakin's character is that he was an entitled little shit that blames everyone else for his own shortcomings. Sheev sensed that in him and took advantage of it by promising him power and then fulfilled that promise. Padme's death should, if anything, just work to further fuel his lust for power by the logic of his character. Remember how he murdered all the sandpeople after his mother died and so on.
>>
>>69645444
congrats anon, now you can move on with your life

>>69645818
yep

/thread?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.