[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else cry a lot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Jodorowskys_Dune_poster_usa.jpg (272 KB, 394x512) Image search: [Google]
Jodorowskys_Dune_poster_usa.jpg
272 KB, 394x512
Did anyone else cry a lot?
>>
File: jowsky.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
jowsky.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>69636484
I cried at what a vapid pretentious babbling moron Jodorowsky was. I cried that he ruined the chance for HR Giger, Dali and tons of other people more talented than him to make a Dune movie because he was obsessed with stupid shit

At least some of them went on to work on different projects.

>From a pocket he pulls the drawing of the toilet made with the two dolphins: "It is completely necessary to see the Emperor making wee and excrement". I ask to him whether it is ready to show his sex and his anus and he say to me that not
>>
>>69636710
>some of them

His whole dream team ended up doing amazing shit, much of it inspired by the preproduction of Dune, and the script/storyboards circulated hollywood and were echoed pretty much everywhere for awhile.
>>
it was a beautiful but impossible dream
>>
>>69636710
This movie and its crew changed sci-fi movies forever though
>>
>>69636484
It's nice that they worked so much on this because Hollywood could reuse the storyboards, but I'm glad Jodo didn't get to direct it. This guy is a talentless hack.
>>
>>69636794
Not exactly impossible. Just expensive.

>>69636802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuxTTVtgjb4
>>
>This documentary happend
>Waaaw they didn't made my Dune
>Old french producer pity of him and give him money again for a next movie
>It's about a man pissing in a man's chest film

BRAVO JODO
>>
File: lol.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>he watches moves from weird sounding directors to seem patrician

Fuck joodoswsky and fuck travosky
>>
>>69636878
Contact was Zemeckis's masterpiece.
>>
File: Jodo.jpg (61 KB, 537x700) Image search: [Google]
Jodo.jpg
61 KB, 537x700
>>69636802
In that all the talented people involved in it gave up on his ridiculous vision and moved on to other things.

>>69636710
>the end of the film, would climax with Paul's throat getting cut and the hero announcing, "I am the collective man."

>In my version, the spice is a blue drug with spongy consistency filled with a vegetable-animal life endowed with consciousness, the highest level of consciousness.

>By using her capacities of Bene Gesserit - once that the Duke, insanely in love with her, entrusts her with his sad secret [that he's castrated, remember] - Jessica is inseminated by a drop of blood of this sterile man...

Im sure it would've been a trippy sci-fi movie but it wouldn't have been Dune thats for sure. It only fell apart because of his mad delusions of grandeur. Get Dali to play the Emperor? Great! Oh you want to film a close up of his asshole shitting? Uh...
>>
>>69636906
yeah... I love hearing jodo talk about cinema and stuff, but the actual movies...
I still wish he got his way, i'm sure there are a lot of people who want to take risks and have acutal insight style and talent
>>
>>69637022
>Oh you want to film a close up of his asshole shitting?

What now? Did he really mention that? I missed that part of the documentary if he did.
>>
>>69637022
>it's bad if it's not like the book

Also how did he get away with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY
>>
>>69637098
Metaphor isn't actual rape and SJWs have no idea who that is.
>>
>>69637063
I didn't see that either lmao
>>
>>69637063
I liked reading about Jodorowsky's Dune long before they made the documentary (not trying to sound like a hipster but its true) and in one of the many interviews he did he talks about it. They left it out of the doc probably out of shame.
>>
>>69637115
He literally said you gotta tear the pride's clothes and rape her though
>>
>>69637130
Ah. I knew about it, but I never dug deeper than "He planned to build a Dali robot."

When the fuck is the whole screenplay/storyboard gonna come out? I want to fucking read the damned thing already.
>>
>>69637098
>bad if its not the book

missed the part where I typed that... hmm. I said it wouldn't have been Dune. He was only interested in base concepts from Dune and making an "lsd film"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.