[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This any good/better than the Matrix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
This any good/better than the Matrix?
>>
The Thirteenth Floor is better.
>>
>>69635418
I liked it. And most movies are better than the Matrix you fucking worthless millennial.
>>
>>69635418
It's more dated than Matrix, but still a great film.

I'd say it's not as clear cut as the Matrix, not as grounded. Better is subjective, but 'd say they're equally good, just for different moods.
>>
>>69635456
Are you above 35 or below 16...?

IF NOT, guess what you are!!
>>
>>69635418
It's a different kind of film to the Matrix. Not much action until the climax
>>
>>69635418
Not as good as the matrix, but great in its own right. Had a good soundtrack too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Wy88qSA5Y
>>
>>69635456
>I liked it.

No one cares about your shit taste faggot
>>
It's not better than the matrix but it is still very good.

It's very underrated and under appreciated.

the only bad part is the way Kiefer utherland delivers his lines.

Also it has the most ambitious and best set design of any movie I can think of.
easily a 4 star movie if not 5 star
>>
>>69635614
this scene was so epic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u0gfgUDXHY

it was so Zany and over the top but had so much energy and played it so straight that you couldn't help but enjoy it and be swept along by it.

>But you must concentrate!
>>
It would've been better if it was executed a little differently. The climax and revelations at the end feel like they come out of fucking nowhere because it's such an abrupt change of pace from the rest of the movie, but the general idea behind this movie is a lot cooler than The Matrix IMO.
>>
File: dark-city-vs-matrix.jpg (1 MB, 1002x5828) Image search: [Google]
dark-city-vs-matrix.jpg
1 MB, 1002x5828
>>69635418
It is what Matrix ripped off from. Better or not? Hard to tell. If you like Matrix you definitely should watch Dark City.
>>
>>69635418
It's great. But not better than The Matrix.
>>
>1999 + 17
>mallninja/gothfags still suckling at the Matrix's teat
17 years and you fuckers still haven't picked up a cyberpunk or even post-cyberpunk book to see how shitty and derivative the Matrix was.
Fucking fa/tv/irgins.
>>
>>69636140
>2 Posts above literally shows the fact the Matrix is derivative
Dumb Cunt
>>
File: 1461660530391.jpg (175 KB, 711x709) Image search: [Google]
1461660530391.jpg
175 KB, 711x709
>>69635996
>red beads
>a car AT NIGHT
>A DRESS
LITERALLY THE SAME MOVIE! THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!
>>
>>69635625
>>69635418
You're so fucking retarded.
>>
>>69637181
*your
>>
File: rufus-sewell-dark-city.png (208 KB, 349x333) Image search: [Google]
rufus-sewell-dark-city.png
208 KB, 349x333
>>69635418
This guy looks like the math teacher I had a crush on in high school
>>
It's alright. The second part is kinda muddled if I remember correctly. Calling it or Thirteenth Floor better than Matrix has been a popular thing to do among contrarian for a long long time.

On the other hand it's hard for me to speak objectively about the Matrix. I was like ten when it came out and it was a revelation. It has everything: atmosphere, awesome action and a setting that blew our adolescent minds. It was like our Star Wars - a sci-fi movie that became for us an exemplar to compare other sci-fi movies to.

Some of my friend who never grew out of sci-fi when asked what kind of films do they like still answer: "I like films like the Matrix".
>>
>>69635996
I think they were both filmed in the same studio and city locations in Australia.
>>
>>69638758
>The Matrix was released one year after Dark City and was also filmed at Fox Studios in Sydney using some of the same sets.
>>
>>69635656
>the only bad part is the way Kiefer utherland delivers his lines.
I thought he was great, and his delivery is perfect when you realise he's playing The Strangers' Igor
>>
Seen worse
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.