[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wheel of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: wot.jpg (144 KB, 525x490) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
144 KB, 525x490
so i guess this is getting a tv show
>>
*smooths skirts*
>>
>>69626116
stop spamming this thread. the show isn't even out yet and you have made it into a meme.
>>
>>69627523
What do you think the show will be like? Do you believe the Sony/AMC rumor? How will channeling be depicted, will it be swirling shifting light or something else?
>>
This shitpost was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.
>>
>>69627609
>How will channeling be depicted

I think they'll bend over and rip ass at each other, and the One Power will be represented by wavy green stink cartoon stink lines.
>>
>>69627704
>ywn have Lanfear channel at your face
>>
Why is this thread being slid? Wheel of Time is immensely popular. 80 million copies sold.
>>
>>69627609
i think they are going to change a bunch of things and the fans will get pissed at the show. characters like aram and shit will be gone because they serve no real purpose in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>69628810
>characters like aram and shit will be gone

Good, fuck that guy.
>>
>>69627309
*plants fists on hips*
>>
>>69629226
*tugs braid*
>>
>>69629561
*raise hackles*
>>
>>69626116
Interesting. Will we see entire episodes devoted to examining dress embroidery or architecture?
>>
>>69630052
*explodes like watermelon"
>>
>>69627609
>Do you believe the Sony/AMC rumor?

Yeah it just makes too much sense, plus we know they have had negotations for a long time. The only other candidate I can see honestly getting the show is Amazon, but I believe Werthead when he says Sony/AMC got it for 8mil.

>What do you think the show will be like?

Good, better than the books potentially since it can streamline and edit the narrative better. Depends on the showrunners/writers/etc of course, but since the paid so much for it and obviously want it to be the "new GOT", I have high hopes.

> How will channeling be depicted, will it be swirling shifting light or something else?

They probably want to avoid CGI where they can, so I imagine we will only "see" it on special occasions.
>>
>>69630355
>better than the books potentially since it can streamline and edit the narrative better
This. Looking at the potential for another LotR here.
>>
>>69630892

I'm not a huge fan of the LOTR movies, but yeah there are certainly plenty of adaptations "better" or at least more focused than their book counterparts. Many Stephen King movies fall into this.
>>
>>69631141
I think even the most die-hard wheel of time fan will admit that it needed better editing and is full of extraneous nonsense. Being forced to pare it down to essential elements could be gold. An abridged edition of the wheel of time could easily be its best version.
>>
>>69631343
100% agreed. 5 seasons could be good.

Season 1: Books 1, 2
Season 2: Books 3, 4
Season 3: Books 5, 6
Season 4: Books 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (cut cut cut)
Season 5: Books 12, 13, 14
>>
>>69627523
OP here. Okay, I'm going to stop posting this thread. This will prove that autism can be cured.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.