[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the Leftovers, I'm wondering what /tv/ thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: DamonisalivingGOD.jpg (7 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
DamonisalivingGOD.jpg
7 KB, 184x273
Just finished the Leftovers, I'm wondering what /tv/ thought of the show.

I found it highly entertaining but incredibly pretentious in some regards (overuse of symbolism, the cavewoman sequence in season 2). Overall it was great fun though, surprised nobody here discusses it. Why is that? Is it simply not well advertised?
>>
Best show on TV atm.
>>
Its fresh and gets really interesting. I want to see how it ends and if we get an answer to the disappearances.
>>
>>69623145
i watched like 3 episodes and couldn't go on. Boring and pretentious.
>>
>>69623145

>I only just finished this show that aired months ago why is no one discussing it

Fucking cunt.
>>
it was discussed a lot when it was on

but its the best show airing by a long shot
>>
>>69623145
season 2 was probably my favorite show last year. It's a shame were only getting 1 more season. But then I geuss I don't want it to do what LOST did and get crazy in the last few seasons.
>>
The Path is way better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg

;_;
>>
>>69626251
I like the path, but Leftovers is much better in story and acting.
>>
The Leftovers is a great but divisive show. You will either "get it" or hate it. I find that there's very little middle ground when discussing it.
>>
>>69623217
>if we get an answer to the disappearances

The disappearances are a dramatic means to an end, it's not a mystery to be solved for the audience like something on Lost.
>>
Season 1 > season 2.

I like it better when there was a vagueness to Departure, but with season 2, they obviously chose a mystical explanation, ruining the mystery.
>>
File: the-leftovers-s2-ep1-11-50.gif (2 MB, 618x359) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers-s2-ep1-11-50.gif
2 MB, 618x359
>>69623145
It was being discussed for two days, after every new episode aired. It was well liked, and enjoyed by many who all discussed it the in several threads just before it air, as it aired, and after.

Of course there are those that must complain, but most complaints were by those who didn't pay attention, or just didn't get it.

The show is probably one of my favorites, even more than Game Of Thrones. The Leftovers really feels new, and is attempting offer something inspiring.
>>
it was pretty great once i turned off my brain. stopped asking, "where did they go", why them, etc, and it was a good show. looking forward to the last season
>>
I thought the meatloaf was good, but the Domino's really shouldn't be microwaved. Only oven or skillet, or just throw it away.
>>
Kevin Garvey is my favorite character of all time
>>
>>69626486
>Doesn't like fiction being fiction

I didn't see it as only mythical. I saw it as a basis for the theoretical science of parallel multiverses.
>>
>>69623186
this tbqh

>aimee and pre-BLACKED jill are QTs

There is part of me that wants to be like Kevin, but another part of me knows I could not carry the burdens he has, but I can't even begin to imagine what he has to go through.
>>69626864 he should have fucked aimee
>>
>>69627715
>tfw black
>tfw drinking all the delicious white tears when Jill went to the dark side
>>
I really wish it would've been ABOUT something like how people cope with unexpected loss. It started off that way, but then morphed into one angry man's journey to....???? Find normalcy? Escape his demons? I don't know. I'm in the group of people that think this show is just alright.
>>
>>69626760
well said
>>
>>69623186

Agreed
>>
>>69627864
its lindelof, its about muh characters.
>>
>>69627807
Aimee would never
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.